Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
allen10

Saffron Lane Car Park Permit

Yesterday, everyone that used the Saffron Lane Athletics Track car park for the QPR match was given a letter offering supporters the opportunity to buy an annual car park permit for next season.

For anyone that uses the car park regularly, you'll know it's £4. However on this letter, it says the price for an annual car park permit is £85. If you do the maths - £85 divided by 19 league matches = £4.47.

It also says, if you take advantage of this offer, you'll get the equivalent of 2 days of free match day parking. Unless they're putting the price up, which isn't stated in the letter, this just isn't the case.

I think what they've done is assumed we'll be playing 23 matches at home next season, not the 19 matches you get at home in the Premier League.

I've attached the letter, have a look at it and let me know what you think. In the meantime I'll send an email to the guy at the council to see what he says!

I just don't want the council short changing our loyal supporters!

post-18852-0-35278800-1397992816_thumb.j

Think you've hit the nail on the head. The guy who does this thinks there are 23 matches next season. A classic example of putting someone in charge of something who has no idea what he's dealing with.

Simple maths say, 19x5=95, 85 is 2 match saving as it says.

Just like the OP said The letter don't state any price rises so it's not as simple as that

Also the letter is poorly worded using "next season" and "this season" to seemingly mean the same season

UPDATE: I have had an email back from the council confirming that it will be £5 to park there next season. They have apologised and admitted they made a mistake by not making this clear on the letter.

So with it being £5, you are saving £10 by buying the annual pass.

Hopefully they'll tell people about the price increase when they go to park for the Doncaster match.

UPDATE: I have had an email back from the council confirming that it will be £5 to park there next season. They have apologised and admitted they made a mistake by not making this clear on the letter.

So with it being £5, you are saving £10 by buying the annual pass.

Hopefully they'll tell people about the price increase when they go to park for the Doncaster match.

Simple maths say, 19x5=95, 85 is 2 match saving as it says. 

:P

Archived