Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oz_Fan

Wesolowski

Hello Fox fans,

I am an Australian football fan and here in Australia we enjoy supporting teams that have Australians. As you guys have at least 3 on your books that I know of, that make Leicester a pretty good club as far as Im concearned.

I have a question for you guys. James Wesolowski, just how good is this kid. We here in Australia have heard great things about him but as we dont really get any LCFC games televised, and a lack of Australia caps due to youth & injury, we havnt really seen him play much.

Is he as good as ive heard, worthy of being Australias next great midfield general, or has he been a little overhyped?

Thanks guys

Hey Oz-fan

How u going?

Good to see more and more intersted foxes from down under. Check out the Ausfox web site for aussie foxes.

Watch Weso early in the year and he shows great promise. However would need to leave other comments to people that have seen he play more often.

If you want to contact me my details are at the Ausfox web site.

MadMick

I'm sure he's been overhyped to an extent - we haven't seen consistent appearances on the field cos he's still getting over injuries related to those leg breaks.

But whenever he does play, and there have only been a couple of exceptions, he generally lifts the whole grunt of the midfield effort on his own.

Not only does it stand out when we often don't play attacking football, but it's also clear that he's got the skill and something special going on, and fans want the club to benefit from it :)

Hello Fox fans,

I am an Australian football fan and here in Australia we enjoy supporting teams that have Australians. As you guys have at least 3 on your books that I know of, that make Leicester a pretty good club as far as Im concearned.

I have a question for you guys. James Wesolowski, just how good is this kid. We here in Australia have heard great things about him but as we dont really get any LCFC games televised, and a lack of Australia caps due to youth & injury, we havnt really seen him play much.

Is he as good as ive heard, worthy of being Australias next great midfield general, or has he been a little overhyped?

Thanks guys

It all depends on how the two leg breaks have effected his footballing career. There's no reason why he can't overcome these injuries and if he does then he'll probably be the best midfielder Leicester will have ever witnessed since Muzzy Izzet or Neil Lennon. He's got the potential to be as good as he wants to be, he really has.

Last season in pre-season he was unstoppable in the centre of midfield. The he broke his leg. He came back and was one of the main reasons why our season turned around with 3 victories out of nowhere, he was instrumental in all 3 games. Then he broke his leg again, which was so frustrating. This season has been stop start due to niggly little muscular leg injuries. But he's still put in 1 or 2 obscenely good performances such as the cup game against Aston Villa and the league match up at Sunderland.

It all comes down to whether he'll shake these injuries off, if he does then my money is on him becoming a top class footballer.

IMO James Wesolowski is a very good defending midfielder with lots of balls. He goes in hard with no fear, works hard and who could disagree. He has great potential.

He has no problems tackling but he needs to develop that creative flair that good midfielders have so he can pick out players and place those brilliant long passes that will lead to breaks and goals. I am sure this is something that will improve with experiance and as he is young he has time to develop but he does need to look after himself a bit better so he dont get injured or he wont get that experiance.

I am also sure that if he had the better support out wide on the wings we could see him perform even better.

It's all Ifs, Berts and Maybes with Wesolowski.

Just wanted to bring this to the attention of the 'evening ' crowd (ie the lot who don't spend all day at work arsing about on FT)... oh and the few Cypriots who've shown up to support my campaign for global domination.

Il con vectre Cyprus glorioso!

Anyway, great post Fezz. It's got my vote for post of the year.

We have 4 Aussies at the mo...

Paddy K (how'd he do for Oz the other night?)

Danny Tiatto

Paul Henderson

And of course Weso.

I've not really seen Weso play, but I've never heard bad stuff about him, the only non-positive stuff really has been "he's young and had 2 broken legs, dont put too much pressure on him"... I hope he does turn as good as people expect him to, and we can keep hold of him!

Thanks everyone you given some great answers. I guess that we can all only hope that his injuries come good.

Cheers for the effort.

ps. I thought Kisnorbo played excellent against Ghana the other day. Top performence from the future of Australias defence.

I apologise for not giving a proper answer. :D

I like the look of Wesolowski, it's hard not to. He's a cracking little player who is a Leicester legend waiting to happen, if only he could string a few performances together without getting injured. I'm reluctant to hype him up too much as half the battle with players who have injuries this early in their careers is getting to the point where they're playing regularly, let alone kicking on and making the most of their career. IF, IF he does put these niggly injuries behind him and gets an extended run in the team, he has the potential to be the Neil Lennon that we've needed ever since, err, Neil Lennon. Another worry is that if he does turn out to be as good as it looks like he might be, international football might not help. Having said that, by the time it gets to that point, he'll probably be off to a top team. Tends to go missing from games a little bit but he does the simple and important things so well that he's a million times better than someone like Johnson.

I'm beginning to have serious reservations about the guy.

When you cut through the romance - after acknowledging that he appears to have the ability to be a good destructive/attack-launching midfielder he's fast becoming another Lee Morris.

Furthermore, when he returns he's somehow got to command a place as our principle defensive midfielder because, otherwise, we're going to put him alongside a second such player and still have no creativity whatsoever.

Seeing the most we're going to get from him up to new Year is part-game cameos I would doubt any firm opinion about his future potential could be fully formed until the Spring - and that's assuming he doesn't get injured again.

We're all hoping of course but, to a betting person, I'd say the balance of probabilities is starting to tilt the wrong way. And, come January and the likelihood of new owners, his chances might get limited because if MM takes over, he certainly won't wait to get alternative midfield players.

And it won't only be Weso who has a problem. With our effective lack of a reserve side I can see the whole Academy production line starting to rust up.

I could well see Porter getting sidelined again however well he plays. People like King and Dodds will have no chance - nor most others who might otherwise have followed. Chambers and Mattock might just come through if they choose to stay because they represent big money potentially.

Aren't I a cynical sod! But that's the way I see it and, apart from Logan and Porter's emergence, I think the season so far has been essentially wasted and a tale of missed opportunities - for various reasons like injuries, team selection, tactical caution, internal politics, contract considrations etc, etc.

Whether, as a consequence, RK will emerge strong enough to keep his job remains to be seen. But, frankly I doubt it. MM will have his own man in mind as, I believe, would any potential overlord.

I wonder what the fans would really wish on this score. Or the Mercury for that matter seeing as they've been so keen to court MM?.

Archived