Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chandler

PEACE, BROTHERS!

Personally i didnt want adams to go, i wanted to give him more time... ;)

BUT, i dont think it was the people on this forum that 'hounded' him out. As if MA will go on FT and see that certain people dont like him and then the next day resign. It was the public as a whole, so call off your protest against Levein and give him a chance like you wanted Adams to be given a chance. :)

Adams had to go, we had no future whatsoever under Micky Adams, simple as.

Boring, unadventurous football played by old unenergetic players didn't do it for me personally, it was NOT going to get us promotion. I know we didn't get promoted this season, nevermind, but at least we're building for the future now.

Adams had to go, we had no future whatsoever under Micky Adams, simple as.

Boring, unadventurous football played by old unenergetic players didn't do it for me personally, it was NOT going to get us promotion. I know we didn't get promoted this season, nevermind, but at least we're building for the future now.

109114[/snapback]

I agree chainsaw, I prefer Levein, but i just think he went too soon, and i thought we should have given him until the january transfer window.

If things hadnt improved then sack him.

Now, im happy with Levein and im happy with what he's doing at the club. :)

I'm not knocking it Chandler, but why the change of heart?

I supported MA, I thought his signings this season were sound and I was excited. Unfortunately the players let him down as they underperformed and they have done most of the season.

CL has come in and bought somegood players and got rid of some of the deadwood (Pressman for example).

I happily admit that some of MA's signings have been instrumental in our good run at the end, but it was too little too late.

Anyhow I hope this means that we can all get behind CL and the players for next season promotion push.

Good on ya Chandler for being grown up about it all and not let it drag on for another season. :thumbup:

Just a reminder

Adams wasn't sacked & chose to leave.

The club tried hard to persuade him to change his mind.

Many people vastly underestimated the effect La Manga had on Micky & one of those people was Micky himself.

Its history now, we need to concerntrate on all getting behind Levein.

So there may have been some bad performances & one signing that is yet to deliver - but O'Neill experienced the same initially & not all his signings worked.

So there may have been some bad performances & one signing that is yet to deliver - but O'Neill experienced the same initially & not all his signings worked.

109160[/snapback]

Is this your personal opinion, or foxes trust speel?

I am willing to offer the remnants of the diehard fickle bonehead army an armistice. Basically the offer is this:

You admit you were wrong to hound out Adams.

I will call the dogs off Levein.

109068[/snapback]

You say that as if you believe we actually care.

Seriously, everyone's bored of you and your obsession with MA, nobody is really that bothered if you want to continue your silly little vendetta against CL, so just carry on as you are Chandler...

:rolleyes:

I supported MA, I thought his signings this season were sound and I was excited.  Unfortunately the players let him down as they underperformed and they have done most of the season.

CL has come in and bought somegood players and got rid of some of the deadwood (Pressman for example).

I happily admit that some of MA's signings have been instrumental in our good run at the end, but it was too little too late.

Anyhow I hope this means that we can all get behind CL and the players for next season promotion push.

Good on ya Chandler for being grown up about it all and not let it drag on for another season. :thumbup:

109145[/snapback]

As reasonable a post as I could hope to find in these dark times.

Not so much a change of heart Pieman as a change in tactics. The main target of my anti Levein sentiments was not so much Levein himself as the fickle bonehead army. I was rubbing THEIR noses in his failure, reminding them time and again THEY were largely responsilbe for our miserable season.

I am now reconciled to the fact that we have what the vast majority of clubs have - a bog standard, off the shelf, BORING manager. I am also reconciled to the fact that THE BONEHEADS have sentenced us to a long stretch in the chokey Championship.

The long and the short of it is that we are stuck with Levein and with the Championship. If we were becalmed in mid table with half the forthcoming season gone, there would probably not be enough enthusiasm for a change at the top as any incumbent might make a poor situation even worse.

Granted, Levein's a perfectly decent bloke and a smart one at that. In fact, I would much prefer to shoot the breeze with him over a pint than Micky. But he's not really cut out for management. He's too thoughtful, too distant, too self contained. He cannot connect with or inspire players. He's too nice.

If we had a natural leader on the pitch that players and fans looked up to then we could cope with a rather remote boss. But we don't. We can only hope that the players, left to their own devices, can raise their own morale. It does happen.

But rarely.

Granted, Levein's a perfectly decent bloke and a smart one at that. In fact, I would much prefer to shoot the breeze with him over a pint than Micky. But he's not really cut out for management. He's too thoughtful, too distant, too self contained. He cannot connect with or inspire players. He's too nice.

If we had a natural leader on the pitch that players and fans looked up to then we could cope with a rather remote boss. But we don't. We can only hope that the players, left to their own devices, can raise their own morale. It does happen.

But rarely.

109214[/snapback]

And your implying Adams is mean and a natural leader. Please. :rolleyes:

I didn't want Adams to leave, and I still like him.

His problem was is he was too nice, The other reason is he needed a break from all the shit at Leicester (Things going wrong, fans, undisiplined players[yes, partly his fault], e.t.c) and Leicester needed a break from Adams having said that I wanted him to stay!

I supported MA, I thought his signings this season were sound and I was excited.  Unfortunately the players let him down as they underperformed and they have done most of the season.

109145[/snapback]

Not so much a change of heart Pieman as a change in tactics. The main target of my anti Levein sentiments was not so much Levein himself as the fickle bonehead army. I was rubbing THEIR noses in his failure, reminding them time and again THEY were largely responsilbe for our miserable season.

I am now reconciled to the fact that we have what the vast majority of clubs have - a bog standard, off the shelf, BORING manager. I am also reconciled to the fact that THE BONEHEADS have sentenced us to a long stretch in the chokey Championship.

The long and the short of it is that we are stuck with Levein and with the Championship. If we were becalmed in mid table with half the forthcoming season gone, there would probably not be enough enthusiasm for a change at the top as any incumbent might make a poor situation even worse.

But rarely.

109214[/snapback]

Yeah, his record has proven this....er what...he did a great job at Hearts and now he is rebuilding a club that needs to be rebuilt. The Adams way was to somehow blag us up with some old men who wanted a last cash bonus, now we are getting some young hungry players who we can actually get behind. And, it will probably take a couple of seasons to get the right mix of players in, but i think after that, we will have a better chance of staying up in the Premiership.

109145[/snapback]

But rarely.

109214[/snapback]

If 'boring' and 'bog standard' are the terms you use to describe a man who has faced under performers head on, has already added quality to the squad and has had a clear vision for the future of the club (something MA never overly concerned himself with) then fine.

I have nothing personal against MA and acknowledge his achievements such as they were but he lost the plot and accepted culpability for that.

Get over it.

Levein's record with Hearts speaks for itself. And before anyone brings out the usual ill-informed derogatory rubbish about Scottish football, he had no money there either, he had to cut the size of the squad down and release players that he wanted to keep. Yet he turned them into the third best team in Scotland, which is all they can ever realistically hope for.

If anyone had a problem motivating our players, it was Micky. Look at the number of leads we lost last season. It took a strong man in the dressing room to cut that out and he wasn't up to it. A few poor results this season and he decided he couldn't hack it any more and wanted a break. The fans had every right to boo performances like those given at home to Brighton and Watford.

The reason no sane person is calling for Levein's head is that he is having to work under financial constraints, he hasn't even had a full season yet, the football being played is much more attractive to watch, we are harder to beat, the squad is younger and the talented youth players are being given a chance.

Craig Levein is the right man for Leicester City in the position we are in. The only bonehead around here is you.

I personally never hounded Adams out. I thought he was an alright manager, but by the time he left it was obvious that he had to go and he obviously knew that aswell otherwise he wouldnt have offered his resignation for a second time. Levein has come in, I was excited about getting him in and I think he is gradually turning things around. Towards the end of this season our results started to pick up a little aswell. I personally dont think he'll take us up this season, but I hope we will be challenging for the play offs. If we are involved in a relegation scrap again at the end of next season - then I'll be worried...

I think me and you look for very different things in a manager. Thoughtful and self-contained are the qualities I would most look for in a manager. I believes players need no inspiration to run round like headless chickens for the cause, after all no football wants to lose! However, they are sometimes lacking in a cool, analytical mindset.

The times when players look like they don't care is when they get dispondant and disheartened with the way things are going. This is most likely to happen when they feel like they don't know what they are supossed to be doing or have lost faith in the managers ability to coach them. The best way to keep a footballer playing well is to make him believe he is playing for a manager who knows what he is talking about. This includes tatics and a philosophy on a style of football.

I am not saying Levein is perfect or that Adams is the devil but I can see that the likes of Conolly, Williams, Dublin and Williams are playing with a lot more confidence now. I think this is far more important than having a manager who fancies himself as a Churchillian motivator.

109160[/snapback]

Is this your personal opinion, or foxes trust speel?

109163[/snapback]

Would imagine the Trust will always encourage fans to get behind the current manager. What's the point of not doing so?

At matches that just hands the advantage to the opposition.

That doesn't meant to say we don't think fans should question team selections etc - its all about opinions & a player that looks good to one person is rubbish to another. At the end of the day its Levein's view that counts on that one.

O'Neill generally had a great track record on signings, but like all managers some signings didn't work

The general mesage I seem to be getting is this:

1) You don't mind that we didn't make the play offs last season - that was Micky's fault.

2) You don't mind if we don't make the play offs this season - that will be Micky's fault too.

And there was I thinking that Shareholders United, IMUSA and MEC had the worst boneheads in football...

1) You don't mind that we didn't make the play offs last season - that was Micky's fault.

2) You don't mind if we don't make the play offs this season - that will be Micky's fault too.

And there was I thinking that Shareholders United, IMUSA and MEC had the worst boneheads in football...

109751[/snapback]

Nope, we do. You.

Looking at the quality of our side's football last season, we were a million miles away from the play-offs. Whose side was that? It wasn't Levein's.

Next season we will be aiming for the play-offs.

109751[/snapback]

No, the message that you shold be getting is that

1) Micky Adams couldn't keep control of a team and motivate them enough

2) Craig Levein is rebuilding the squad which takes time Alex Ferguson rebuilt Man Utd in 4 years and look at them now. Im not saying we'll do anything like that, just what can happen if you give a manager time.

Archived