st albans fox
Member-
Posts
42,411 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
8
Everything posted by st albans fox
-
Was the wedding in Thailand or Venice ? we need to know
-
You should be outraged that you couldn’t care less
-
In which case it’s our deal or no deal 😄
-
Then we should walk away No issue with paying a fee of 500k with add ons of 2m on promotion.
-
I’d hope that the delay is us screwing inter over sadly I think we all know that the delay (and possible collapse) will be because we’re a sh1tshow ……
-
Why would you wait until 8pm on a Thursday evening to sort out a work permit ??
-
Occupied from who ?? I mean what country was it part of ? ‘The land itself was under the control of various empires, such as the Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, and eventually the Islamic Caliphate and the Ottoman Empire’. post 1948 UN declaration it became part of Egypt (as the West Bank became part of trans Jordan)
-
Some reading to contextualise the security situation surrounding Gaza prior to oct 7. There were 18,500 work permits issued at that time for workers to enter Israel each day. https://www.ochaopt.org/content/movement-and-out-gaza-update-covering-april-2023 and also relevant is that Gaza was part of Egypt when Israel was declared a state in 1948. whilst the narrative is that Israel blockades and restricts the movement of gazans, Egypt’s treatment of the enclave is comparable and in some terms, worse.
-
I doubt a player wants to hang around to play the last ten minutes of games if we’re a goal up
-
We could be playing a blinder here get the player for nowt in July or they agree the 500k loan with no add ons on Thursday can’t see us being up to that though
-
Any photos with a wide angle lens ???.
-
We’ve seen enough evidence this season that if we don’t have the ball and teams go at us then the consequences aren’t generally pretty sure we have a chance of a turn over and a quick break but we are way better off having the ball and dictating the game if some fans just want a 100 mph game full of chances for both sides then they should be honest and accept that the championship is for them. If they want their club in the PL then the way we’re playing is the best way of achieving that. the game against Bournemouth will be interesting.
-
Not that we need to know the reason but do you expect it will be resolved in time for him to have a medical and sign (loan or permanent)
-
I can only assume that we’ve decided to play poker on this deal. I also think that inter won’t want to be seen to lose a game of poker. If we want the player in the summer then we’ll get him for free and he’ll get the €2m instead of inter for now, inter can take the €500k loan fee and we’ll also cover his salary. Up to them I'm not averse to this approach btw
-
It also doesn’t sound very good ‘ask the club if we need to sell or not ‘ that’s not a coach and board on the same page …….. irrelevant of sensi coming or KDH not going, a fracture between the board and the coach never ends well unless it’s just his poor English - as in him saying ‘don’t ask me about signings - ask the club’
-
I mentioned this yesterday how on earth do we get to this stage of a deal without sorting basics out like this ? who is doing the negotiations???? If we’re the only game in town then they take what we’re offering or the player sits out till June and goes for free. Can’t believe that inter can be happy to walk away from a couple million euros. If it’s a loan with obligation on promotion then they have to give him an extra year because the loan must run till June 30 (all contracts run till end June) and then he becomes a free agent. But if they give him an extra year and we don’t go up then they could be stuck with a player they don’t want to pay for another season. Clearly they want it both ways but then they are a bigger club ! Like I said - it should have been sorted a while ago, not scrambling around 48 hours before the window shuts
-
That was yesterday morning’s tweet - loan and mandatory on oromotion it then changed to purchase €500k + €2m payable on promotion now it’s €500k purchase plus the bonus but contract only till 2025 ?
-
A) don’t think wilf is really out till April b) we wouldn’t sell unless we got a loan or two in and we don’t need to get 107 points to be promoted (and I don’t think he goes this window)
-
You’ve been here way too long to believe that 😄
-
With each passing day the contract gets shorter …… I assume that in the event we are promoted his contract is extended and inter get €2m bonus. Otherwise we surely aren’t effectively paying €2m euros for next season ? although we could then sell him in the summer. if 2025 is correct then are we committed to the player for a season if we don’t go up ?
-
A bird in the hand …… brighton have had a lot of injuries - they may decide it’s worth spending more now to help with their demands this season. based on their general frugal approach that’s doubtful - unless they really want him and worry another club could appear in June.
-
All those arguing that we shouldn’t sell because we may not go up if we do must appreciate that the club is a business. They will make judgements. If a home grown player needs to be sold for around 30m before end June then we would surely do the deal now. we will have replacement loans lined up in case and the certainty of the deal makes our plans for the summer window easier . Kdh could do his hammy next week and miss the next three months. stuff happens The club will make decision based on the likelihood of finishing in the top two places. They aren’t bothered about record points totals if brighton really are interested then their need for the player now will dictate their willingness to pay £30m+ before Wednesday is finished
