-
Posts
5,164 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
8
Everything posted by Claudio Fannieri
-
What an absolute shambles, how Rudkin survives this will be a miracle and if he does shows just how rotten the club is at the top
-
Once Smithies retired and Iversen had gone on loan to Stoke, it always felt Ward would stay as experienced cover in the event either Mads or Jakub get injured
-
Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21
Claudio Fannieri replied to Ryy's topic in Leicester City Forum
I suppose the difficulty is, if you loan out an academy player, where do they go that will give them the grounding and opportunity to play in a similar style as to how we play? I can’t see too many clubs affording us that option. Therefore whilst academy football is nowhere near as competitive as a loan in league 1 or 2, maybe the club believe the better prospects are better off staying in and around the club, training with the 1st team and opportunities will come. Too be fair to Enzo he has bloodied a good few this season and others seem to be on the cusp and training regularly as part of the first team sessions. -
Great post, as you say this kind of football isn’t for everyone, personally I absolutely love it and I love watching the patterns of play, our movement and how we retain possession awaiting the opponents to make a mistake in their defensive shape and pressing lines and then boom 💥 we pounce with speed and precision to try and take advantage. and yeah I think I am a bit of a football neek as my lad would call it (nerd/geek) 😂
-
😩 will be an absolute disaster if we lose one of the brightest up and coming coaches/managers in the country possibly even Europe as a consequence of Rudkin, if Enzo does go then I can see it turning pretty toxic for Rudkin, he got away with it last season as we have done so well this season, but if he fecks this one up I cannot see how he survives, although the hoofball mob will be delighted 🫣
-
Don’t be a miserable Norris 😂
-
Fecking ridiculous that Rudkin takes time off at such a critical time, yeah he and Top might be very close but priority has to be the club and his role at such a key time, or as you say delegate to somebody else.
-
Sod it I thought I would start the fun on what will probably be the usual damp squib of a day 😂 Outs Souttar Praet and a few academy loans Ins Sensi +1 (Enzo’s bulldozer)
-
Hopefully a permanent deal, I reckon £12-13m + add ons gets this done.
-
The moaning element of our fan base maybe we can do a deal to sell them to a club with more pashun and play hooooooooofball
-
I am pretty passionate about this as you can tell with my 100 odd posts on this topic 😂 I am a massive fan of Enzo and what he is doing, there is another point to factor in, most if not all the players have bought into his methods and talk passionately about his energy and focus ……. what do you think will happen if / when he leaves and we end up with one of the usual suspects in the job, and the wheels well and truly come off, but as long as get it forward quicker hey ho
-
Makes me smile when people go ahhhhh he can feck off, throwing his teddies out the pram etc, I don’t think that is the case, if I was him I would be frustrated if I was him as well. If we were struggling on the edge of the play offs I would get the criticism, but we have lost 4 league games all season and we are scoring lots of goals and lead the division by a minimum of 7 points dependent on the results of the game in hand for the chasing pack. Oh and on top of that he has blooded a shit load of academy lads into the 1st team as well. I would ask where the dissenters think we should be in terms of league position, points and goals and what different style we should be adopting that would bring even better results, because it sure ain’t counter attack or hoof ball as we would concede a hell of a lot more goals as we would have less possession. What is weird in this whole situation is that the minority who are rattled by the odd disappointing result and conceding two late goals to 2nd/3rd place Ipswich seem to think they know more than a man who has played and coached the game at the very top and alongside some of the modern day greats. Yeah let’s bin off Enzo, who has completely overhauled what was a losing mentality and instilled a playing style that is getting positive results, but instead listen to a load of Andy’s from Long Eaton who played for the Dog and Duck for two years and think the only way to win a game of footy is to play wiv pashun and fecking hooooooooof it. When Enzo does leave let’s just give it Walshy and Lennon they will get us playing the Leicester way. We are million miles away from the club we were when Levein et al were in charge but fecking hell some of our fans seem to still have the same footballing ideal of seeing 11 Ian Humes out there running round a lot or that we won the league just wellying it up to Vardy and Mahrez to work their magic 🫣
-
I agree about frustration and angst about not killing teams off, however that is not Enzo’s fault or as a result of the tactics, in fact it’s the opposite, most games we have several clear cut chances where either the keeper is forced to make a save or we let a great chance go begging. Let’s be clear last night at 1-0 we missed 3 sitters in front of goal when it was easier to score than miss. We create enough chances to put most games to bed, whilst I understand the frustrations when we do let points slip, it isn’t as a result of the tactics, it’s as a consequence that the level of players we have, are at a level where there conversion rate is not elite level.
-
Superb post, the truth is with the exception of Ranieri in his 1st season, all the other managers you have mentioned and you could also add Brian Little to the mix were criticised for their tactics despite being successful. We cant make it to every game due to other family commitments, we have a 250 mile round trip and often stay overnight when we do make it to games and I will be honest the 3 of us absolutely love it (even the wife). I am gutted that we cannot go every week and if we lived in the shire I can assure we would be there every week. We always stay to the end regardless of the result. If you do go every week and spend it mainly moaning, whilst you have every right to as a paying customer, but please think of the fans who would love to attend but can’t due to personal circumstances or due to not being able to afford to go and realise how lucky you are to be able to go week in week out to watch our beloved club and be involved in what could be one of if not the most successful team in championship history. I would give my right nut to be there week in week out, don’t become entitled and don’t take it for granted
-
Just one other important point to add, we are still only 7 or so months into this project and therefore very much a work in progress, I fully expect next season after another full pre season with Enzo and his coaching staff to be at another level to where we sit now. If and this is a very big if we can be paitent and supportive on this journey, then the end product could be something very very exciting. This is just the begininng of the journey and the initial foundations are delivering excellent results very early on in the process. It isn’t perfect and I am pretty sure we are still only 50% of where Enzo wants us to be.
-
I might be a bit of football purist as I really enjoy the style we play, in the main I find it innovative and entertaining, and it is delivering results on the pitch. Of course with every team there are bits and pieces you can critique but overall I am thoroughly impressed by what is happening at the club and what Enzo is achieving not only in terms of results but also the culture and mentality he is bringing with him. I get that it isn’t always full throttle football but be careful what you wish for as currently it is pleasing to watch, we are winning lots of games of football, scoring lots of goals and creating chances whilst conceding very little from open play…….not really sure what our “fans” have to complain about if I am being honest.
-
In fairness to Enzo, this is him clarifying that if KDH does get sold, then it is a purely financial decision, whilst he may not like it, that is not to say he doesn’t accept it may be needed. However what is clear, is it will not be his ultimate decision as to whether a bid is accepted or not.
-
I am going to be honest the last 10 years have truly spoilt us as fans, I am 50 years old and never thought I would ever see us crowned Premier League champions and could only dream of seeing us lift the FA Cup at Wembley. However whilst I cherish those days, I also remember the mediocrity of the bad old times that I have witnessed under Pleat, relegation to league 1 etc. i do think as a fanbase there has become an air of entitlement, almost football snobbery that we don’t belong here, that the championship is beneath us, I am afraid to tell you that attitude will mean m not enjoying or embracing a new era and possibly what will be one of our most successful seasons in our history. Yes relegation was a right kick in the old happy sacks for us all, the manner of it and the fact it shouldn’t have happened with the squad we had but it did. We were in a mess and Enzo has picked us back up and got us flying, so embrace it and enjoy seeing your team win and after the negativity of last season, start to build the feel good factor again. Entitled is not a good look.
-
Looked pretty comfortable throughout, and seemed to play well within ourselves. Missed 2/3 gilt edged chances and thought the penalty was a soft one but we needed it to put it the game to bed. Frustrating we didn’t hold on for the clean sheet but the subs and change in defensive organisation.unsettled our concentration.
-
Nemanja Radonjić Is poised to sign for Mallorca, might give Torino an opportunity to take Praet for the remainder of the season
-
Tottenham are looking at Conor Gallagher but I think he will be £50m + given they are clearly in the market for that type of midfielder, I do wonder if Spurs end up having a look at KDH as he will be £15-20m cheaper, plus a chance to link back up with is best mate Madders.
-
Reckon there will be an option to extend by a further year or two subject to hitting certain appearance criteria, dare say the club are starting to learn from past mistakes?
-
I don’t want us to sell KDH, however I understand the reasons we may be prepared to entertain the idea. FFP is a minefield in terms of not only staying compliant but also in giving yourself flexibility and scope in the market for the summer window. It is not my job to name who comes into replace him, the club will have a far better idea and view as to who is available, who isn’t, who would be happy to join us and most importantly the profile and type of player Enzo wants in. Not too sure many had Mads, Mavididi, Fatawu or Yunus on their list of players to come in prior to us being linked.
-
I haven’t said that, I said selling KDH gives us greater flexibility in the market in the summer, if we do sell him I am pretty sure we have a loan signing ready to go for the remainder of the season, as we did in the summer with McAtee when the rumour was KDH was off to Fulham. If and a massive big if, the club decide to sell then I am sure there will be sensible reasons and contingencies in place, our summer business has given me a warmer feeling that we are getting our act together, however we continue to be hamstrung largely by the out of contract players in the summer not moving on and also our inability to move on the out of favour players from last couple of seasons in prem due to the need to recoup large proportions of our initial outlay for FFP purposes. I think the summer will give us another opportunity to further clear the decks and also another year of amortisation should make it easier to move on some of the fringe players.
