-
Posts
1,145 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Iwebema
-
I thought we extended begovic? What an odd signing. If we didnt extend begovic then not awful as a 3rd choice....hes coming in as number 1 isnt he despite struggling to play out from the back with Martin last time
-
Difficult to judge without seeing who else we bring in. We get him and someone younger with more potential then I dont think a 1 year deal for him in league one in rotation with more exciting players is a bad thing. We go into the season with him as the clear main striker, its just another one to add to the list of incompetent decisions.
-
What Happened Next: Foxes Trust End Of Season Survey
Iwebema replied to Foxes_Trust's topic in Leicester City Forum
I appreciate what the foxestrust reform has done so far, so please dont take this completely negatively and I appreciate its easy for me to type in a response on a forum vs being in the room. But I have to say I would be fuming if that is genuinely the response being received. Descoping things and saying it isnt appropriate is a nonsense, this isn't a corperate business, it's a football club, and his role is literally tied to the footballing operation, there shouldn't be much off limits to the fans through fan engagement. This is (not unexpected) but self preservation at its finest. I would of expected them to provide reasons why they believe his employment remains tenable, what evidence are they pointing to that gives them trust and faith that he can continue. It should be debated not shut down. And I want to echo the 5 year plan nonsense, that is embarrassing, I would expect the trust to say when are we getting one and hold them to a deadline not allow them to kick the can down the road and hide like they always do. -
Never understood why they wasted these tournaments on Martinez, awful awful coach. Pissed Belgiums golden generation and made this great Portugal squad play well beneath their ability. Even the most hard-core Ronaldo/Portugal fan has to admit Ronaldo has been a huge weak link for a while now.
-
Russell Martin - Confirmed as First Team Manager
Iwebema replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
Rangers aside, I do think everywhere hes been players like him, the issue has never been about players running for him, but the approach to football he is wedded to at all costs ultimately doesnt lead to results. Hes had 1 decent season at Southampton in what 5+ years of managing and the fans wanted him gone after the first handful of games because of the football. I really do hope we are the club that it all just clicks into place for him. But I have serious doubts. -
Useful signing in league one. On a free for 2 years is sensible. He also had multiple 40ish game seasons in a row, so not an injury prone player. Dont think we can grumble too much about it, on to the next one.
-
These are my trust issues...just have time hope Mccaron and the fact we have to now shop in a different pool means we get lucky and figure it out...im trying to be objectively positive, which felt a bit dirty tbh
-
I agree, people saying this will be the worst window ever. Sure in terms of "names" but I'd argue it has the potential to be the best considering the type of player we are going to have to bring in. No more names looking for a pay day that we cant budge, hungry players with a point to prove on smaller deals....hopefully....I do have trust issues with our recruitment team so lets see what the first few signings look like.
-
Group L: England, Croatia, Ghana, Panama
Iwebema replied to davieG's topic in General Football and Sport
I think the disappointing thing for me is just the lack of creativity, Ghana got what they played for but we just didnt really test them, bar the header and Kane chance, there wasnt much else to shout about. Id feel better if it was a 0-0 where the keepers been really tested. It was just quite poor all round. Plenty to play for but I have to admit I dont get Anthony Gordon at all, he runs alot but as a footballer hes quite poor, hard to believe you can win a tournament carrying a player like that. Maybe we just need to play better teams that do come out a bit? But yeah just really poor for the levels we should be aiming for. -
They are the only sellable assets or at least Monga and Nelsen are. The rest are a very hard sell, back to back relegations, big wages, terrible for the dressing room. There are better and easier footballers to buy for any half decent run club
-
There was a moment that summed him up, took a dreadful touch ball rolled 10 plus yards away from him and he still decided to back in to the defender allowing us to win it back. Awful awful footballer.
-
Seems an odd one, I dont think hes good on the ball? Feels like a non negotiable for Russ ball
-
Russell Martin - Confirmed as First Team Manager
Iwebema replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
Who hasn't fallen out with this group. Honestly cant wait to be rid of them and start again. -
Russell Martin - Confirmed as First Team Manager
Iwebema replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
I think there is a big gap between where the footballing world seems to see him and where he realistically is based on results and performances of his teams. He is a bit of an enigma, people in and around the game really like him and talk about him like his just this misunderstood genius. But the reality is bar a that 20 odd game run with Southampton hes been largely mediocre at best everywhere other than rangers where he was dreadful. I think its an appointment that is realistic to where he is career is at -
This is my hope, obviously not the manager I wanted, but if he fails here he must know hes kind of done, certainly at the higher end of the game at least. It might make him compromise a bit or do something different. I would love him to prove us all wrong but theres just so much evidence he wont. That said I do think he can get us promoted I am not convinced beyond that, too much evidence that when the standard is higher and he doesnt have the best players he gets found out. Lets see who some of the signings are, hes talked about resetting energy, if we go into week 1 with vestergaard and winks playing then its already on course for a mess.
-
Obviously not the appointment a large proportion of the fan base wanted. The only positive ive got is its last chance for him, regardless of how we see the club, its still Leicester in League one, gets to build his own squad and if he fails I cant see him getting near another job, certainly in the UK. It will be interesting if this plays a role in his approach or will he just double down even further and hope that just the fact its leicester in league one will be enough to paper over the cracks.
-
We basically need a whole new squad, so we are giving him full control to the rebuild aswell. We are locking in for the long term with him. We just have to hope that all these people in the game saying hes a highly rated coach we are the club it finally works at because hes been underwhelming at best everywhere hes gone.
-
Exactly this, its going to need 10 wins on the spin and convincing wins aswell
-
Here we go! At least tomorrow we will be one step closer to sacking him. Always think of the positives.
-
This is it really, I should be more shocked and upset but its completely on brand. Disorganised, no leadership, no direction. I expect they are already thinking we will get promoted no matter what, they will and are proving to completely underestimate the challenge. We essentially need a whole new squad assuming barely any of the remaining players will want to play in league one, and lets just say it is Russell Martin, his football needs very specific players and alot of pre season coaching to perfect and even then its fundamentally flawed.
-
-
I guarantee hes going to gaslight us into thinking it when we are 10th at christmas
-
Well its promotion or bust. We could end his entire managerial career if he fails here. I am worried that he is going to be central to the rebuild, we need to sign a load of players who are going to be "his" players on long term contracts, that said he will probably want a Winks extension. Can see them getting along really well. Joy.
-
Positive spin, at least when we sack him in December, we wont be linked with him ever again.....I think....
-
God damn it. I was hoping my contact was wrong ðŸ˜
