Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Iwebema

Member
  • Posts

    1,145
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Iwebema

  1. Exactly this. I think both the cooper out (which I admit I am in) and cooper in lot need to just look at it objectively. He played the team for whatever reason we thought should play and it worked. 1st half it absolutely worked, you can't deny it. I really don't want us to walk away thinking it didn't work. What killed us first half was individual errors which is not necessarily on cooper, I know people will make an argument either way, but 3 failed clearances, that's just the players for me. But it did work and when you consider it was SO different to how we've played previously, it wasn't going to be without its issues. 2nd half forest made tactical changes to nullify the ricardo inverted role, plus ricardo looked gassed which is partly on cooper just calling him out of the wilderness, he should of at least been keeping him up to speed with these games. And again more individual errors flowed, but on the ball they tactically mixed it up and we didn't have an answer. Which is fine....well it's not fine, but it happens, the issue is it happens alot with cooper when games are tight and level, his best work seems to come when we are having to throw everything at a team to get back into it which is just not sustainable throughout the season. So I think its a bit of everything tonight, set up and selection was good, he probably wishes he'd played ricardo more so he was up to speed, but there were moments of great tactical play, mixed in with a really poor 2nd half with as players individually just not executing their jobs and tactically not reacting to the forest changes. I do think Ipswich could be make or break for him, regardless of what anyone thinks 🤷‍♀️
  2. This this is spot on tbf, can't legislate for the errors, but on the ball 2nd half it's been far away from the first, and tactically he's was done by a few changes, blocked that inverted middle triangle and didn't know how to react to it, which is a bit of a continuous theme with him. The players are working hard for him no doubt, but he is an amateur at this level, hard work only gets you so far in the premier league. His efficiency luck finally ran out. Ipswich is huge for him. I will add the first half was good, and he does deserve credit for that, but as always his in game management and influencing a game when it's level is just appalling.
  3. Just too many errors, they turned it up a notch, we didn't.
  4. Both goals have been gifts.
  5. Excellent half, think we've played well, the system clearly suits the players and they are comfortable with it in possession. We just need to get better out of possession, JJ and Ricardo are getting burnt a bit, but I that is more to do with the defensive players not executing assignments, it's certainly higher risk football, but at home in games like this I much prefer it.
  6. Yeah like just then JJ and okoli both go for the same ball. That's just basic communication issue. But also it's the first time we've played like this other than the last 30 against Saints so it will have some teething issues, but I much prefer it.
  7. This is much better tactically, the set up is spot on, some players just need to execute a bit better on and off the ball. But you can already see the players prefer this.
  8. That is prime Enzo ball, an absolutely beautiful bit of play and deserved for me!
  9. That's just so annoying after we started well, 2 individual back to back errors.
  10. Ricardo inverted full back into midfield! This is a massive 180 from cooper!
  11. To be fair, that is his job, he has to match the selection with the right tactics. I dont think that Barcelona team of MSN would of been as good with Tony Pulis ball 😅
  12. Joking aside, you have to see this a positive step regardless, he's made the changes I think the fans and players wanted. He could of been dogmatic and just said no my tactics are working despite the underlying data, he hasn't so he deserves the credit 👌 just need to back it up with a performance for the full 90.
  13. I'll take the other option if we lose and get a manager in who can get the best out of that 11 🤪
  14. I think they had a few very choice words with him at half time against Southampton. Along the lines of "please just believe in us more, we are a good team!" Lets hope the tactics tonight match the selection 🤞
  15. Can't fault the team selection for the first time. Please let the handbrake off a bit tactically aswell!
  16. If true, this would be quite a huge shift for him, makes me think the players really are running it after last week. Would be a positive though!
  17. It always been about self preservation, I have a few forest mates, they spend the entire time saying they don't care in case they lose, but my god when they win....amazing how much they care when that happens.
  18. This is very much in line with the other leaks, This is extremely on point for the leaks we have been hearing about. The players think they are better than just finishing 17th. They don't hate him, I think they quite like him as a person, but they are frustrated by the lack of belief and ambition he's showing in them. I dont love cooper but I think even he can keep this lot up, I think we have alot of talent personally, didn't really understand so many criticising our squad, I think its good! I think the problem is I agree with the player leaks we can be much better so it frustrates me, but let's just enjoy tonight, we all know cooper is not the long term future, so take the encouraging parts because when he does leave we will be a far more attractive proposition than someone like Southampton currently are.
  19. I wonder if the players had a word at half time, the first half was the lowest performance ive seen from him, so negative, so safe, just awful....but that 2nd half was nothing like we've seen from him at all. A bit similar to Enzo last season, the players must of said, come on we are so much better than you are having us play, just let us play! And fair play to him for listening if that's the case. Just please stop setting up like we are a league two team and relying on individuals to turn it.
  20. I am not a cooper fan, he gets so so much of the basics wrong, but you can't knock the come back. We remarkably out of no where switched to the enzo esq system...I wonder if the players had a word similar to Enzo last season at half time and said this isn't working, just stop and let us play!
  21. I get the concern, all I would say is he had alot of credit in the bank and I don't think the players were going to the board saying get him gone. Cooper has no credit The players think he is rubbish and I'm fairly sure have made it known upwards And he systematically destroying what we had last year, he told them he would build on it and he's actively telling the players to move away from it. Maybe I'm too optimistic but I think hes on the verge of being done already...
  22. I am fairly sure they are...
  23. The one thing I have always thought is the players don't dislike him and do work hard for him, they just think he's incompetent, but that only lasts so long, especially in professional sport, the second they stop the hard work we were going to get killed because it's all he had. That half is preciously what's happened, I have a feeling some of the more senior members of the team are shouting at him right now.
  24. I think this is quite a key reason the board might use to sack him quickly, I think they are very unhappy that he's not done what he said he would "build on last season" he's actively undoing it, and given the board want us to play good football. Why the hell they thought cooper would change his approach specifically for us I have no idea. Well I have some idea....
×
×
  • Create New...