-
Posts
1,145 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Iwebema
-
Brighton Home 2-2 Post Match Thread
Iwebema replied to urban.spaceman's topic in Leicester City Forum
Thought they were much better than us, but understandably so, they are a top side. But that's the old leicester that I loved under big nige, never gave up, kept going to the end despite the quality gap. Another game we comfortably lose under cooper. Fair play to Ruud. Jamie Vardy nothing else left to say, the best there ever will be for us. Massive point. -
Just need a bit more quality going forward. No disgrace losing to Brighton given the limited options we have especially with no Buonanotte. Think we can turn it around still though
-
On loan from Brighton so cant play
-
I would wager a lot of money that he was quite instrumental. From what I've heard alot of players were annoyed with cooper from a footballing perspective for quite a while and the negative defeatest set up against chelsea finally broke the players and Vardy just rang Top after the game.
-
Ruud van Nistelrooy - New Manager - Official
Iwebema replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
It's just so good to have a proper manager in, there will of course be tough days ahead but just having a manager in place who can see what is going on, understand it and adapt to it, instead of just watching it play out and then only changing it when we the game is almost out of sight. I know there are a few on here who firmly believe Cooper was unfortunate because he had a terrible squad, but I hope they can now see what alot of us were saying, whilst I don't disagree it's not exactly the best team we've ever had especially at the back, just look at what can be done with a real manager in charge in 2 days. It was never about Cooper being ex forest, it was just his obvious failings as a manager, yes the squad is poor but that should be even more reason to get a proper manager in to give them a chance! -
This will be very tough, obviously would love and hope for a win. Difficult to see it given how good they are, but I'm confident we will at least have a go.
-
Ruud van Nistelrooy - New Manager - Official
Iwebema replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
Gone from a PE teacher to a proper manager and it couldn't be more noticeable. -
Excellent interview. I'm getting too excited by him. I'm ready to get hurt again.
-
The player we thought we were getting. Hopefully we see it more consistently.
-
Flattering score line for sure, but we 100% lose that with cooper in charge. We actually had a structure, the bit we are missing is confidence, it's going to take some time to get back but that will go some way to delivering it. Weve thrown alot of mud at justin and VK, which was fully justified, whilst they will always be limited players, how much better did they look with some structure instead of the absolute chaos under cooper. Bare in mind he's bought those small tweaks in 2 days without his backroom team in! BEK absolutely quality. Some of the lesser fancied players like soumare played well, it's a clean slate for everyone under Ruud. A long way to go but that gives me belief we can aim for 16thish. All aboard to Ruud experience.
- 391 replies
-
- 23
-
-
Think we've uncovered another gem. Excellent performance again. Only 20 so room to grow. Hope it wasn't a bad injury. 🤞
-
Have to remember they've had 2 days of Ruud, coming off the back of a shambles against brentford. Confidence will be low, it's small steps, never going to be giant leaps trying to undo the damage of the last 3 months. The structures and style is much improved, we are still a bit chaotic defensively but that's just down to the quality of player, it won't change but at least we are offering something. Ndidi and soumare playing in a pivot when you are trying to play possession football is not great and mcateer needs to bulk up. Kudus, Bowen and Soler are top players should be playing at higher up the league.
-
It's all just a bit flat now isn't it, going to take some time to bring some confidence back, you can see the structures and style are there, but the players are a bit hesitant sometimes. Just need to get in at half time and regroup a bit.
-
Typical for us to be Kudus first game back, he's far too good.
-
So far it's a different approach in the build up, much more patient, similar vibes to enzo but having soumare and ndidi as a pair is not ideal to play it, neither is very comfortable receiving the ball in tight spaces which is making it difficult but we certainly look more like we belong than we have in previous games.
-
Have to just wait and see how the players respond to ruud and his tactics, it's game 1 and will have to judge the team selection after the game. Whilst I don't believe I have seen enough from Mcateer to say he's premier league quality, he never gives you any less than 100%. So lets just see how it plays out and go from there before being overly critical. However I will absolutely be ready to start the Ruud Out thread if we lose 😅
-
Well he's seen what not to do!
-
Brentford (A) Saturday 3pm - Match Thread
Iwebema replied to tcrofts's topic in Leicester City Forum
Going exactly as that line up suggested it would. Luckily it's only 1 game we were likely to lose anyway. Ruud awakening! -
It's one of those that by the laws it's offside, but its ridiculous.
-
Spot on. Whilst Ruud and the boys hold most of the cards, we can all play our part in making it a little bit more achievable. Honestly think we will, I can't tell you how happy I was when I found out Cooper had got sacked, I felt instant relief, I think the entire feel around the club will be different now.
-
Ruud van Nistelrooy - New Manager - Official
Iwebema replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
I liked when he referenced the structures in place that determine the play style he only referenced last season. Just moving on from the cooper disaster asap and pretend it never happened 😅 Good interview overall, has an aura and speaks well, got shades of Enzo about him, serious manager. Just have to hope it all comes together now. Looking forward to Tuesday now, I don't expect it to be easy but it's some hope where there was none with Cooper. -
I am shocked, literally shocked that the gambling company no one had heard of or could find much on has turned out to be dodgy. I dont like taking constant shots at the board because I know it could be worse, but they do make it hard not to sometimes.
-
Ruud awakening for the Premier League!
Iwebema replied to DJ Barry Hammond's topic in Leicester City Forum
I think this can be quite a key indicator, young managers doing the hard yards and people inside the game are saying positive things. Where as managers like lampard etc. Didn't really do the yards and had no coaching reputation, solely got the jobs because of their name. Everything I've read about RVN is people inside the game, not media nonsense, talking him up and speaking very highly of him, you could argue it has maybe come slightly too quickly, but I completely agree on taking calculated risk on young managers, no one should be fooled that he's been appointed just because of his name, he is well respected and thought of, there is a process and method to this appointment at least, so even if it doesn't work out then I don't think people should be too hard on the board for once, this is well considered. -
Does anybody know who he is likely to bring in with him, any particular coaches or assistants he would want?
-
Ruud awakening for the Premier League!
Iwebema replied to DJ Barry Hammond's topic in Leicester City Forum
The Megson disrespect is unbelievable- 907 replies
-
- 10
-
