Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Iwebema

Member
  • Posts

    1,145
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Iwebema

  1. Apparently playing out tired football platitudes of give him time and just believing harder isn't working. Who knew
  2. Just so so predictable
  3. We are a poorly coached team, trying to play a brand of football that the players want, but the manager doesn't play. He was already a bad in game manager, not sure how he changes things when the tactics aren't even his. They are fully there for the taking aswell, talent wise they are poor but at least they have a system that's drilled into them.
  4. 3 yellow cards, on a touchline ban
  5. Glad vestergaard is back...queue him having a shocker haha Hope we aren't chasing the game that bench is very defensive!
  6. The one thing I felt he had was the players were working hard for him despite the horrific "tactics", but as soon as that drops we were going to be bang in trouble and after back to back hammerings where both forest and United were unlucky not to score more it will be interesting to see how we respond. It will be very interesting to see if we continue in the "enzo style" or not he reverted right back to that awful lob sided high wingback disaster last night and got the tanking playing like that deserves. I hope we continue to try and play like we did first half against forest, I believe success can be found if we persist. But I echo your thoughts on this being chaos, every cooper game is disorganised chaos where as Ipswich is more organised chaos, as mentioned the advantage I think they will have over us is their players are still 100% with mckenna, I think the players faith in cooper is fading. Hopefully we find a way to win 🙏 Just as a minor point Ben Johnson the Ipswich right back is a west ham youth player they signed on a free in the summer, solid player lots of prem experience 👍
  7. Yes I think last season felt less stale because of Enzo, regardless of whether you liked or loathed the football, he very openly called out the board for not being serious, and was clearly trying to push for a higher standard behind the scenes and now we have a guy who can't believe his luck that he's a premier league manager, shouldn't be anywhere near this level, he certainly won't be challenging the board. I think we all know where this is heading with cooper, I personally believe there is no point in persisting with it, but I do get the dilemma of not being in the bottom 3 and with a stale board in place it's very unlikely they act, but its just delaying the inevitable, whoever does come in to try and save the season whenever that is we need someone that will demand a better standard all round, not just someone who is just happy to have a job.
  8. Bit similar to the arsenal game. Didn't expect to win especially given the team selection, which I don't think anyone would argue with. But it shouldn't be this bad tactically and structurally, not at this level, there is no gameplan it's just chaos like every game under him, if they had scored 6 it wouldn't of been undeserved, no premier league team should be turning in a defensive performance like that.
  9. This is right back to the miserable "tactics" pre forest, this one high wing back thing does not work, im not sure we needed more evidence. I know its a weakend side but it's hardly a bunch of kids is it. Didn't expect to win given they've put their first team out but at this level it shouldn't be THIS bad. It just can't be allowed to happen.
  10. Early doors but if ipswich hold this, next weekend becomes even bigger, they can go above us with a win.
  11. Hes said a few times he prefers to play left back and would rather play there 👍
  12. From what I am seeing it's about expectations, the Cooper in crowd believe the squad to be really really poor and hes performing miracles to even get them completing a pass. I disagree personally and think they are better than they are showing, the problem is every game both things are true because for 45 minutes we are a pub team and for the other 45 minutes we are man city. Haha
  13. I agree with this, they aren't going to sack him yet, even if we lose to Ipswich, obviously pending other results, we may still be 16th/17th. That said a loss to Ipswich ... we then head into man united, chelsea and brentford away. We could easily be on the back end of 5 losses in a row by then and I think that's him probably done. Alternatively beat Ipswich and find a positive result/performance from 1 of the next 3 and I dont think you can sack him 🤷
  14. https://x.com/ibzsmo3k/status/1849926429854638132?s=48
  15. Thought winks post match interview was quite telling.
  16. I feel for him, no one is denying he had a poor game, but at least there are some mitigating circumstances to not completely lambast him like Faes or JJ. Not had a kick in the premier league and being asked to play a role we haven't even attempted all season against a great winger in CHO. There is of course a chance he's just not the player he was and given his injury history it would not be a shock, but I don't think last night can represent a fair judgement.
  17. Just get it pinned on the main forum haha
  18. Haha like I say, I don't expect anyone to believe it, why would you on a forum like this, I get it, but thought I'd share 😅
  19. For what it's worth, and I don't expect anyone to have to believe me but since you mentioned it, I had heard in reasonably good authority, that the players had a bit of an honest chat with him at half time against Southampton and that led to the complete overhaul to the set up last night. I'm sort of on the fence about it, in one respect fair play to him for listening and not doubling down as I actually think it worked for the first 45, but on the other hand it doesn't fill me with confidence the players are dictating things, and when forest got wise to the tactic he was a bit lost because its not really who he is as a manager. Perhaps that's just what happens in the modern game though with players, not really sure 🤷‍♀️
  20. This is a great comparison 👍
  21. You would be surprised 😅
  22. 🎯
  23. Great post, it wasn't like he asked ricardo to come in and play his tactics, he came in cold, with no minutes, to play in a system we haven't seen since May! Very odd. Can't argue ricardo wasn't great, but there are reasonable mitigating circumstances that probably offer an explanation. There is always a chance he may well be finished and it wouldn't be a shock given his injury history, but id need more evidence.
  24. Agree with this, in every game no matter how set up, we concede chances it's painful how many we give up, I think we just have to accept that under cooper we will just do that, the difference for me was there was a clear style and plan that did cut forest open alot, they struggled with winks and the inverted full back, nuno just got wise to it and we didn't know what to do after that.
  25. Assume the vardy "pull" not really he was never getting to it, you'd be livid if it went against you
×
×
  • Create New...