Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

fox_up_north

Member
  • Posts

    4,583
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fox_up_north

  1. I'll have some of what you're having
  2. If it actually is Potter, it's a better appointment than I would have expected. Thought we'd be kryptonite to anyone half decent.
  3. Genuinely fascinated what he sees in our job
  4. Prince William's ears just pricked up
  5. While I get that, I was more suggesting that if it's unlikely a Tory is going to take your seat then vote for who you want.
  6. If you strongly believe in your candidate, moreso than your desire to oust a Tory, then you should vote for who you believe in
  7. Why they've never done it, I have no idea.
  8. Nobody seen in Morro's yet then?
  9. And some of us bounce around being ok with gay marriage, abortions, universal basic income alongside stricter immigration controls and quantifiable forms of the death penalty.
  10. Can't help but notice I've only seen a Tory leaflet and campaigning so far in my seat - High Peak - and he only won by about 400 physical votes last time
  11. Getting serious whiplash going from the Vardy thread to this
  12. I think Madders can, rightly, be aggrieved over his selections a few years ago and some of the actions around him going to the darts or whatever it was. However, he's been hit by injury and his competition is Foden, Bellingham, Eze, etc. No chance he gets in over them.
  13. I don't try and preach to people really. If they want to make their choices, they can do. All I do is just my thing and demonstrate. I give to charity - try to average about 1% of my income a la Juan Mata and volunteer my time to people where possible. If I get to 65 and have had a relatively stress free life, before dropping dead then that's fine by me.
  14. I know it is probably hard for many to believe but I have turned down offers of higher paying jobs and promotion. It doesn't particularly interest me. I manage a comfortable lifestyle, don't drink or smoke and generally buy food from the shop for a few days at a time. Last year I had my first foreign holiday since 2016 and I spent a grand total of about £800 for 9 days across Europe. I earn £31-34k (depending on if I do some extra work, usually for interest and stimulation) and that does me. I'd be quite happy with this sort of lifestyle for the rest of my life, as I can find ways to keep myself entertained and feeling fulfilled. I appreciate my position in the world and don't push it. I think the world would be a much better place if we all just worked less, lived simpler lives and were happy with maintaining a healthy existence.
  15. If you're doing that, the names that would stick out to me are in the Benitez, De Boer mould.
  16. Interesting how pretty much no other serious journalist has questioned the format of the debate. Bin it. It does nothing.
  17. I wouldn't ever call a Tory "evil". Sunak isn't evil. I don't think he's well meaning. I think he's an out of his depth chancer who lucked his way into the biggest job in the country, much to the joy of his high finance mates. His, and many similar people's, issue is being woefully out of touch. Why can't well off people just stay in their happy little bubbles, pay enough tax so that not everything is crap and just be happy with a 5 bed detached house? If I won a million pounds, I'd just give up work and fanny about. Can't understand the sheer need to be that rich. I'd rather spending the money on a PT and get absolutely shredded.
  18. Praying it gets done before Euros
  19. Farages hate this one trick
  20. We've all hit our 30s and broken enough bones to say sod it
  21. I mean he is a possibility for the England job but he needs to have a reality check.
  22. https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/analysis-opinion/new-evidence-shows-how-russias-election-interference-has-gotten-more https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/press/senate-intel-releases-election-security-findings-first-volume-bipartisan-russia-report Quote from the second: "The Russian government directed extensive activity against U.S. election infrastructure. The Committee found the activity directed at the state and local level began in at least 2014 and carried into at least 2017. The Committee has seen no evidence that any votes were changed or that any voting machines were manipulated." The Mueller report concluded they didn't have sufficient evidence to prove that Russia interfered but there were numerous links between Russia and Trump. It has been a known fact for years that Russian bot farms are used to sway public opinion in the west. This does not mean that the links of Trump request it but, rather, the Russians believe they benefit from a destablised West.
  23. Quite agree. A lot of this can be pinned on Tories. I know people say "the EU will make us suffer" but, even then, I can't see it. I always felt it was an opportunity for us to spend 10-15 years on the naughty step and, hopefully, realise what we bring to the world and what we get from it. Isolationism works for the US and China, but not us.
  24. The studies have shown that, globally, younger people aren't turning conservative with age PRECISELY because they haven't got anything. To think that we're hitting 40 before many people are buying a home, which was simply unthinkable a generation ago, is likely to cause the death of these kinds of Tory politics. However, I am seeing more and more people my age (35 and 10 years either side) be concerned about immigration - particularly in urban areas. That will never stop being an issue for people and it will get worse. Europe is going much more right wing due to immigration. I can see the same here, after Labour has been in a few years and the left wing honeymoon period ends
×
×
  • Create New...