-
Posts
4,583 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by fox_up_north
-
My mate works in prisons. I've worked with cops and seen cells. Picture the bathroom of a Victorian/ Edwardian stone terraced house. Now rip out the bath and replace it with a bunk bed. That's a cell. Now imagine being in there for up to 20 hours a day with a stranger, who may be going through withdrawal or (worse) still actively using. Yes, some prisoners get given Playstations and access to stuff but that's partly a reward thing and partly behaviour management. They're more compliant if they have something to lose. Yes, there are people who "enjoy" prison. They may have power and more benefits than those around them. They are probably absolute c0nts who deserve to be there and never let out. But if they're able to "enjoy" prison, then they have never enjoyed freedom like we do. Long story short - everyone should read "Prison A Survival Guide" by Carl Cattermole.
-
Amazed to discover that Villa only sold Philogene to Hull last summer and are now back in for him at £18 million. That's like when Juve pinched Pogba and then sold him back for silly money.
-
Are we happy losing Kristiansen?
-
Having watched him last year, I didn't even need video proof to believe this. Ridiculous human being.
-
This feels a bit pie in the sky
-
Spain vs France - Tuesday, 9th July @ 20:00
fox_up_north replied to DJ Barry Hammond's topic in General Football and Sport
Other than the goal, France were hardly in it. Spain's to lose really and fair play. They have some great combos and technique. -
Spain vs France - Tuesday, 9th July @ 20:00
fox_up_north replied to DJ Barry Hammond's topic in General Football and Sport
Oh FFS -
England v Switzerland - Saturday 6 July
fox_up_north replied to Koke's topic in General Football and Sport
It will be a travesty if we win, playing like that. -
England v Switzerland - Saturday 6 July
fox_up_north replied to Koke's topic in General Football and Sport
I turned this off when we went 1-0 but turned back on after seeing we scored. Could have been watching paint dry instead. -
I wasn't aware of the Charles Kennedy SNP debacle but my word, that's truly awful behaviour by Blackford and his people. Glad Lib Dems won it back but at what a sorry cost.
-
Spain Vs Germany - Friday 5th July
fox_up_north replied to Arriba Los Zorros's topic in General Football and Sport
Blimey! Will take another 30 of this please -
Spain Vs Germany - Friday 5th July
fox_up_north replied to Arriba Los Zorros's topic in General Football and Sport
Would be tasty -
Who's Binface/ Loony Party in this?
-
Looks like we've got our new set piece coach sorted
-
What was most interesting during my time in Asia was the knock off shirts I saw - Man United led the way, then I'd say Arsenal and Liverpool. After a HUGE drop off, I saw a couple of Man City shirts (even Man City jacket with a United shirt), couple of Chelsea. If it's "global market penetration" they want, I didn't see it. No real adverts or branding.
-
So it's come to this - clubs buying and selling players for absolutely no reason, other than to meet some arbitrary rules that aren't universally enforced
-
Flip the table
-
No. I mean us. The oil cheats don't enter into my thinking.
-
In the Bangkok airport and City have a stall. The shirts are beyond hideous. Really leaves a sour taste. Unfortunately can't upload pics but look for the NEVER GIVE UP shirts.
-
Funnily enough, I'm currently in Thailand and seen the branding. The links to the king via the use of the name have got my eyebrows raised. Really uncomfortable with club management these days.
-
Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England
fox_up_north replied to Mark's topic in General Football and Sport
Am on holiday and checked the score this morning. Am I right in thinking he played the same team as the previous games? -
He decided a life of tea cups and pirate ships was better than politics
