Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

LCFCJohn

Member
  • Posts

    6,051
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by LCFCJohn

  1. Well yes exactly. I have said I disagree with what happens in the channel but as you say, the right wing extreme view fuelled by Reform has turned it into an all or nothing like you say. I’d like to think most reasonable people wouldn’t have an issue with helping those in need as I did and as you describe with your relative. I think I have two grievances. One is with those men coming in the boats, pushing aside those going through the proper channels and fuelling those on the right to push their narrative against all those of a non-white background. If they deny they do this, remind them they were chasing innocent NHS workers down the street on the way to work purely because they were brown skinned. The other is the right wing themselves who use this as fuel to cause division and hatred towards those who are here legally and contributing to our society and economy.
  2. I think it’s the difference between communities of different backgrounds who are all legal and above board and the injustice people (not saying myself) feel about the illegal natural of the channel crossings. Obviously the Reform UK narrative is about more than that and is about an ethno state disguised as concern about safety etc but many others will simply be about legal vs illegal. In my last line of work in social housing, I worked closely with the local authority and we provided houses for families who were brought from refugee camps and part of resettlement programmes. I felt this was really rewarding to be part of and you could see what it meant to the families and they hadn’t travelled through safe countries to come here specially. I do feel that people should be documented though which is my concern with the illegal crossings.
  3. No idea on Tate, just know he is a vile piece of work and if Farage likes the guy he has no place leading this country. I get that though (about being all over the place). I feel the same. I have views like how I have expressed on immigration that would be to the right but a more centre way of dealing with it. I feel we should take climate change and being more sustainable seriously which is clearly a left leaning view but think Greens are too extreme the other way. Surely many of us feel this way which basically puts us to the centre but we are having far right and far left agendas shoving down our throats? Too much load noise from what is probably ultimately a minority (plus Russian Bots).
  4. Yeah I agree. I’m sure there are people to the left who do as you have said. I think importantly, there are lots of people to the centre like myself (and probably yourself based on what you’ve said) who are clear that we don’t want this type of illegal immigration and that yes, we wouldn’t want this on our doorstep. But we can also hate what Reform stand for. For what it’s worth, I believe that once people have reached northern France, safety has already been found so at the point of these crossings, I do think much of it is economic migration with the exception of some who may be trying to reach family. Either way it is a concern. But I hate the hypocrisy around it and that is very loud from the right even if there are elements of it from the left as well. I just really hope Labour can continue to reduce the crossing through the work they are doing. It’s not their fault that ones who do get through can’t be returned due to Farage’s vanity project Brexit.
  5. Or many of us don’t like the level of illegal immigration the country has seen in recent years, do want it to stop but can do so without supporting Reform UK and targeting anyone that has brown skin? I’ve said it before but there seems to be a definite link between Reform UK members and supporters and those who are the types to abuse women so the argument of protecting women coming from these types is somewhat hypocritical. I am more concerned about my daughter growing up in a country potentially led by a man who supports Andrew Tate’s views on women and who has MPs being arrested for abusive and coercive behaviour.
  6. After a poor start to the season, West Ham have a 100% record and some big wins since deciding not to pursue Faes. You could argue their upturn in form is a direct result of not signing Faes
  7. Another one…. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cqde0xkgpy2xo Coercive behaviour and assault. As the father of a young girl, one of my fears of a Reform government (if it happened) is how they glorify violence against women and think it’s ok. I didn’t realise until I saw it recently that Farage has talked positively on a number of occasions about Andrew Tate. Women would become second class citizens under Reform and violence like this would be normalised.
  8. The favourite myth of Reform is that the number of people crossing isn’t down and the government figures are about the number of boats and there are more people on each boat. But it doesn’t surprise me that they can’t read… https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cjvgy1g932xro
  9. There’s clear signs we can click as an attacking unit but it does seem to depend on the approach of the opposition. We could find ourselves against a low block like MK again and find that we revert back to struggling to create chances. And defensively we are still a concern but O’Hora could be a big player for us as he comes in. Still a lot more questions than answers but all you can hope for is we pick up some wins to keep in touch (or keep away from danger depending on your outlook) whilst things hopefully gel more.
  10. People will have different reasons for losing interest in aspects of their lives that previously mattered based on their circumstances. My own interest in attending Leicester matches for example, something that was part of my weekly routine when younger but once living away from the area and having a family, I have better things to do with my time. But I’m not responsible for the football club so whilst I may appreciate that being a similar reason for Aiyawatt, it doesn’t change the fact he has clearly lost interest. That only takes a balanced view to say, not one defending his every move or making him a complete villain! Ultimately if he can’t give the club the attention it needs, he should have taken a hands off approach but left it in capable hands but he chose Rudkin! Even McCarron seems decent to be fair but the horse has bolted and the damage is done.
  11. I presumed the shared post re Skipp was a piss take by the Charlton fan….
  12. I feel a bit for him. Bristol City snapping up both Tolaj and Ballard stinks of just wanting the shiny new toys. By signing both not one I mean. And Riis has been cast aside as a result. I don’t want Tolaj and Ballard to flop but it’d be nice if Riis could smash it and put up the type of numbers and more that they did last season in this league and they don’t exceed his numbers in the Championship.
  13. Also had the same indirect experience as you through working in social housing and totally agree. Would happily have a drink with Burnham but would leave the pub if Farage entered. Only one of these men is from a background that understands what the people need.
  14. Context seems to mean not a bad dangerous, but in a popular leader sense.
  15. Burnham and Healey literally went pulling pints in a pub in Essex near Clacton of all places a few weeks ago, excellent trolling But yeah, Burnham is more naturally that kind of guy whereas Farage is all a put on. My wife has said a few times in the past, usually when we have had a wedding or something to go to, never wear a blue suit and red tie as men who go for those colours are knobs basically. I can’t help but notice the colours a certain party leader is always seen wearing
  16. Ok, if you’re talking about being actually ready to start work, I understand what you are saying yes. I mean I work in quite a flexible environment where people are still trusted to complete their workload to a high standard which comes before a rigid clocking in expectation. That is the important thing for me. Lots of time throughout a work day is spent having conversations, getting a coffee etc. And that’s where, when we bring it back round to the club. For years they aren’t performing to a respectable standard and there has clearly been a problem with attitudes and culture so yes, I’d agree with you that the small measures are quite important in this case as similarly, small gains can be seen on the pitch.
  17. As someone who is always early, you don’t get paid for this so being early is showing added commitment and not just to be taken for granted.
  18. Just saw Preston have sacked Heckongbottom and that they are on 1 point from their first 7. Considering they always start the season better and fade and fall down the table, that doesn’t bode well
  19. Of all the PMs I can remember, Burnham is genuinely the most down to earth ‘for the people’ one. If it wasn’t for the fear of what will happen to the rest of us, I’d enjoy the fall out of seeing how Reform voters will suffer if they ever got into power.
  20. People really do show themselves up as completely clueless don’t they. It was literally the thing Burnham was really passionate about in Manchester and as you say, made a difference). It’s the opposite of a publicity stunt!
  21. I keep away from social media where possible. How are the special online breed twisting this then?
  22. And ironically are forced to take in ‘Farage Ferries’ with no way to returning people….
  23. What was the point of bringing him in though? I’m not disagreeing with you but McCarthy is atrocious so if this other guy is worse, it is an absolute pointless transfer.
  24. A keeper definitely. We do seem much stronger in attacking positions. We also have massive numbers at centre back but if we could shift 2 of Souttar, Faes and Okoli at least, you might be able to justify 1 addition here. Left back I can’t see us doing anything whilst we have Thomas and McFarlane. Obviously it’s only 1 game he was out so let’s see what happens with McFarlane, and if Martin is still in the job. If he is and he’s fallen out with McFarlane then new left back.
×
×
  • Create New...