Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

LCFCJohn

Member
  • Posts

    6,051
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by LCFCJohn

  1. Progress or decline is a lot deeper than what is happening on the pitch at any given time. I’d argue much of what made us stand out under Pearson was eroded away ever since the summer of 2016. I think October 2018 the decline in standards and culture was well under way.
  2. How does a car drive if you have the handbrake on? That’s the best analogy for how I (and many others) are seeing it. It actually feels that we have a very good squad for the level we are playing at unlike the past couple of years. It really does feel that the manager is holding us back in this case. Yes, as Leicester City in the third tier, we will have more of the ball and be expected to find a way through the opposition. I get that and the argument was made a couple of years ago with Maresca. But there are different ways to be successful, whilst having more of the ball. We can hardly make a case for Martin ball being successful in breaking opponents down can we?
  3. Harborough Town are in north but depends what the geographical make up of sides is for the 2029/30 season!
  4. Smile everyone. We can’t upset the positivity police who will be on here is about 36-48 hours when they think enough time has passed to come on and give us all a lecture
  5. I’m not sure how accurate all of this is. In our only other third tier season, the biggest home defeat was 2-0. We have already doubled that margin as our worst third tier home defeat. In terms of second tier, AI (yes I know) suggests a few times we have lost by 4 or more at home. Suggests our biggest since 1983, 1 in 1959 by 4 goals and anything else, back to best part of 100 years ago. And being in the third tier, this is probably our worst home defeat in living memory….. Date Leicester Opponent Competition 10 Apr 1920 0–5 Bury Division Two 111v11 15 Feb 1923 0–6 West Ham United Division Two 111v11 29 Aug 1927 0–7 Fulham Division Two TThe City Ground 26 Dec 1935 2–6 Doncaster Rovers Division Two TThe City Ground 29 Nov 1913 0–4 Hull City Division Two 111v11 28 Dec 1914 0–6 Derby County Division Two 111v11 11 Nov 1950 1–5 Leeds United Division Two 111v11 26 Feb 1983 0–5 Wolverhampton Wanderers
  6. We want 5!! And no, before anyone kicks off at me, the game is gone, humiliation is there, a goal or 2 on the goal difference is claw backable over the season. But we need an utter humiliation to wake the hierarchy up! And I mean in an individual game. Obviously the last couple of seasons have been humiliating as a whole.
  7. Do it! It’ll be one of 2 that come to mind anyway….
  8. I really don’t know. I want him to turn this around and be a success. Changing managers regularly isn’t doing us any good and once again, we have some players who have been brought in specifically for this manager. But the positives, how positive are they? Or at least worth overlooking if the performances and results aren’t coming. Playing youth. Yes, a big improvement on the previous managers but was there any alternative at this point? Would other managers we could have brought in not do the same? Improved culture. Yes, this is a good thing. But it was rock bottom so could only, in theory, improve. Russell Martin is what he is. There’s not false promises or saying he’ll do one thing and doing the opposite. The style and its limitations are well known. My issue is, we seem to be like a car trying to drive with its handbrake on. There’s a lot of talent in this side. We have invested a lot and have the strongest squad/depth in this league and promotion is a necessity. But we are already so far off the pace. It does feel like if someone with a bit less rigid principles came in, simplified things a bit, we could have the handbrake released. We really need to see improvement in both performances and results in the next 5 games, now the window is shut, the squad is complete and we should be able to settle and gell.
  9. Yep. The record isn’t great at loans converting into permanent deals, even when the loan has gone well like Kristiansen in Italy or ok like Faes at Monaco. It’d be nice for once if some of these could result in permanent moves.
  10. Oops…. I don’t know why people would find this amusing. Nothing against Skipp personally. It hasn’t worked with us but it would be massively beneficial for us if he had a good loan and there was interest to take him permanently.
  11. I mean I pretty open minded about things. I would say I’m not really a fan of burkas purely for the reason that I do think faces should be visible. It’s not something that bothers me or I ever give a second thought to really though. Hijabs and headscarves look very smart I think. But the irony as you say, of the people who the above actually bothers, running around wearing balaclavas! What face covering actually indicates someone has wrong intentions and is likely to be engaging in illegal activity/intimidating others… I think to suggest all face coverings are a concern as @kenny has indicated and as I have said shows that the is a consistent and legitimate reason for saying this. Whereas to target Muslim women for it whilst wearing a balaclava completely removes any argument of fair reasoning and points towards one thing…
  12. I feel like it took until the end of your second paragraph for us to get there as to why you really like him
  13. Exaggerated numbers but a relevant underlying point. Just hope we can get him off the books. At least it’s the last season either way so ideally, someone from a league still open buys for a small fee. Otherwise a loan up to when he walks or mutual termination are fine in this case.
  14. Unless anyone is an unmitigated failure, apart from keeper, I’m not really seeing anywhere to strengthen as we have a large squad. Much will depend on circumstances. Injuries? A big sale like Page? Are we looking good for promotion and look at signings to improve at the next level?
  15. His goals last season came in a short time close together to be fair, he had a good little run in December which was about the only time the whole team got going! I’m not a fan of him because he represents what has happened over the past couple of years. But logic says that getting in the right position as often as he has over the last few games will result in him getting one soon. I don’t think he’s a bad character so he’s probably in his own head as much as anything. It’s a perfectly logical thought to suggest that with him getting in the right places, one will go in and be followed by more.
  16. Pin this at the top of the bloody forum! Financial mismanagement, poor culture set from the owner, overpaid players who don’t give a crap and managers who haven’t got a clue. But no, the reason that we’re in L1 for a because of the fans on this forum criticising the above! Sometime I think you can be a bit extreme with certain posts but this is bang on the money. That Leeds fan whose comment was posted the other day saying they’d be rioting if they had witnessed what we had was also spot on. All we wanted to see is a team who are playing for the shirt, putting effort in and some excitement and something to get behind. We don’t want to see the likes of Faes, Vestergaard, Ayew etc stroll around as the graphics from Sky Sports flash up showing us bottom of the league for distance covered and sprints, a visual representation of the lack of effort. The fact even now, some posters on here as well as the obvious Facebook crowd try and make it about results is laughable. I don’t mean this is a shrug it off way, but we are where we are now, it is done. So it is positive now to see some progress in addressing certain issues and have a better culture around the club. There’s a long way to go but this shows that the vast vast majority, will be positive when given things to be positive about. It doesn’t mean we won’t also balance that out with things that are still to be improved but it’s about balance.
  17. And Daka….and Soumare…..and Faes….and Vestergaard….and Bertrand. Need I go on?
  18. I’m not sure you have helped yourself with the description of slagging off. I can’t say I’m familiar with your posts on the subject of Alves but if you have mean questioned if he’d make it here or whether he would be as good as some people though, they would probably be fair views. In the case of the latter, it might still be, although he does seem to have made his breakthrough here now. Slagging off sounds like a term to describe more personal criticism or even abuse which would be unreasonable, and not what I expect you were doing anyway.
  19. I think he’ll be fine. He’s 19 and moving from a different league and will need to be integrated. We have had to act without knowing who else is going due to other leagues windows being open. Hopefully we can ship out Faes and Okoli and if not, at least terminate Faes’ contract with the view to Okoli going in January or next summer. Souttar is also unlikely to be here longer term and Nelson is out of contract next summer. So the likelihood is next summer, our centre back options are O’Hora, Kangasniemi and Gray. Suddenly not looking stacked. In terms of this season, Souttar, O’Hora will likely be first choice, Kangasniemi should be next in line as he integrates and Thomas as an option there, Gray if needed and bin Faes and Okoli even if they are still here.
  20. Eh? Premier Inn and therefore the Beefeater and Brewers Fayre breakfast is a really good buffet variety. We have been starting long trips with one of these for a while now so we’re going to have to find a new plan for travel days now they are all closing permanently next week!
  21. Is this the guy who said he was wearing black as a mark of respect for the death of Russell Martin’s managerial career?
  22. Agree Chaplin doesn’t seem to be able to stay fit. Was injured prior to the first game I think and now at MK. Souttar or of the new guys, Lundstram or O’Hora makes more sense.
  23. As of what we know now, this looks like it, with the obviously caveat about Stolarcryk. Will be interesting to see if this is how it ends up. Once you factor in the inevitable McCarthy in goal, there’s plenty of experience and leadership with him, Souttar, O’Hora and Lundstram through the spine there. And Riis actually.
  24. It’s not yourself I would be referring here. Your views on footballing and other matters on this forum are very much aligned with my own more than most. I believe myself to be a balanced poster on most subjects. I have been one who defends players longer than most and don’t agree with the booing of a young team as I have said. The majority of what I post will show this. But I am saying it how I see it, and I am even feeling that I have to be careful that anything that is not an entirely positive review of a particular match/transfer etc, to be careful how it is worded as there are certain people it will trigger, even when there is a balance of positive and negative aspects to the post.
  25. Fair play to James McCarron as let’s be honest, the improved performance in the window can only be down to him. It wasn’t perfect but perfect would have been unrealistic. Of the incomings, the only one I think is a real waste is Cullen at the moment. Obviously if he pulls it together or others fail to perform that would change. I think people are even being harsh towards Burns. Chaplin jury is out but his fitness doesn’t seem promising. The signings of younger players like Kangasniemi and Bristvic are intriguing. The use of the loan market has been good. It’ll be interesting to see how O’Hora, Lundstram and Riis get on but they are reasonably positive profile of signing based on where we are. Getting so many out has been good. Yes one or two more out and in an ideal world, Mavididi, Kristiansen and Skipp would be permanent but needs must to get them out the way. Martin can’t say he hasn’t been backed. We have the most depth available to us and strength across all positions. It would be fair to say not going up would be a failure now.
×
×
  • Create New...