Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

LCFCJohn

Member
  • Posts

    6,052
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by LCFCJohn

  1. I’m not too concerned with the results in isolation. Away at a West Brom who have had a bright start and will likely be up there, not bad. Draw with a settled Coventry side had been free scoring. Ok, you’d hope to win at home but keeping them quiet was a positive. Draw away at Oxford playing 3/4 of the match with 10 men was not a disaster. 3 in a row becomes disappointing. That said, we lost too many games last time under Maresca. We seem to have more fight in us now and draws are important to keep the points total ticking as long as they also don’t become a habit over winning. Performances are poor though. We don’t look a good side. I just want to see some energy and pace. Pressing when out of possession, being quicker when on the ball. Too many who slow play down like Ayew and even Winks. Thomas constantly playing backwards. There’s also a huge lack of planning beyond the now. Soumare, Winks, Ayew, Ricardo, James (obviously has a buy purchase but for now) - all out of contract next summer Stolarcryk, Faes, Vestergaaard - same in 2027 Half the outfield players due at this point to be leaving next summer. 3 more of the 11 next summer. Only leave Thomas who is a weak link, and Fatawu and Mavididi. Obviously it’ll be great if we can see the back of a number of them but it just shows what a mess we are.
  2. How am I seeing two lines ups in this thread with Begovic in goal
  3. Exactly! It’s not like we are getting great performances and results. Performances are poor, results are average at best, you could argue poor given the opposition we have played. Faes and Vestergaard continue to make errors, not always punished. It feels like we are in an infinite loop! It’s past the point I am even calling for Nelson to play. My venting is past tense. The issue is, he is held to a standard that the others aren’t. If he gets brought in out the cold, one mistake and he’ll be vilified again and people will be demanding he is dropped again. It’s an unfair pressure on a young lad, particularly given if he comes in at any point it will be as I say, out the cold with no match practice. Given these factors, him making a mistake through being rusty or nervous is even more likely and the cycle continues. Which is why it is best for all parties that he moves on.
  4. Might need to watch it again if I missed something. At the time I saw the defence fold, their guy walk through and slot it into the corner. Last thing I was thinking was the keeper being able to do anything.
  5. Not sure it’s fair to criticise Jakub. Everyone in front of him parted like the Red Sea. Not sure what he could do.
  6. When do we get to you in the list Ric? You got 90 in you?
  7. There is no long term! His contract is nearly up and he will go for free! He needs to be out the door on a permanent on January 1st for his own sake!
  8. Probably yeah. If it’s possible to be more limited than zero!
  9. Genuinely really hope we sell him and he goes on to do really well. It’s the only way people will get the message. Meanwhile, whilst Nelson had one poor half against Huddersfield, Faes again shows how clueless he is falling in a heap for the goal tonight whilst Vestergaard was nowhere to be seen. But no criticism for them!
  10. Remember Faes is the best defender in the league and our defence is so good it can’t be changed though
  11. I’m not annoyed at Monga and Page’s involvement. Well I’m annoyed Page has been dropped from the bench. With 9 spaces on the bench, 2/3 of these should, in my view, be academy players (not counting Choudhury, I mean the young lads). I have actually said in the week, I am in favour of Mavididi continuing to start over Monga so I’m not a nut who thinks we should be playing a team of 17 years old etc. The Nelson situation is different. As I have said, now was the time we needed to show our faith in him, look to build around him and show him we value him and for him to sign a new contract. We might only be 7 games in but in reality, it’s about more than that. He’s not coming into the side now. Even if Vestergaard or Faes get injured or suspended, Okoli comes in and it’s bench at best for Nelson. So he won’t be any use to us next season either having wasted this. Just an all round disappointing situation.
  12. We disagree on the Nelson point but can’t agree more with this. Personally I am sick of the club not planning ahead, hence my rants about the Nelson matter. So apparently I shouldn’t be following the club. Great
  13. Well it is, emotionally. In your blood……
  14. Exactly. Even if we spawn our way up this season, we are relegated before a ball is kicked again due to absolutely no forward planning. Page I can accept due to him being 17. Nelson though is at the upper end of the young player scale. And we have ruined any chance he could be of use to us next season if we do go up. Then his contract is up and he walks for free.
  15. Like it was early days in Rodgers last season and we were never going to get relegated you mean? I saw that a mile off and I am as certain Nelson barely plays for us. Which will means we massively lose out financially.
  16. No we shouldn’t. Any player in the last two years of their contract should be moved on if they are not part of the team. Otherwise we are just hoarding. I hope he goes for a small fee and makes his next club a fat profit to be fair. I’m sick of this club.
  17. All or nothing for Marti now in regards to promotion. I’d have given him a pass for this season if Nelson was in defence and the bench had more youngsters on it. The fact he has dropped Page out completely and Nelson in favours of the experienced players means he has to get promotion. No excuses. The club and the manager are banking on now at the expense of the future.
  18. Deserves to have a chance to play somewhere I mean. That could be League 1, it could be Championship. I’ll be disappointed in the club if we don’t move him on in January so he can play somewhere.
  19. @Tommy Freshwas referring to PSR. We are definitely shafting ourselves PSR wise by not choosing to develop Nelson. It’s all or nothing on promotion now. We have chosen using these players over developing our youngsters. If we miss promotion now, we neither have that cash influx nor our youngsters developed with eyes on big sales.
  20. He hasn’t even had a limited chance! And there’s plenty ruling him out. If people would rather Faes and Vestergaard, fine. But please stop with the plenty of time and he’ll get his chance nonsense. Call for him to move on and get a chance elsewhere. We shouldn’t be ruining young players careers by hoarding them and not using them. He deserves better. He deserves to play even if that is not at the same or higher level.
  21. People just assuming we can leaving him rotting not even on the bench and just click our fingers and get him to sign
  22. How do you do enough when not given a chance out of interest?
  23. It’s not always premature. It’s seeing things early. Like with Rodgers tanking us. But as I have said before, what reason have we given Nelson to extend with us? If he has his head screwed on, he’ll be looking for a move to secure first team football as soon as possible. And we are also wasting his development. If we do get promoted this season, he’ll be useless to us next season as he won’t be anywhere near ready for that level. Any player in the last two years, who isn’t part of the plans ultimately needs to be moved on, regardless of being an academy player. So that is where Nelson is at and I hope his agent is working on that for him. Hopefully he’ll move on and be a great success elsewhere.
  24. Given now was the time to be showing him his future is with us, I think it is absolutely fair to accept his time is done. Even if he gets the odd minutes here and there, you’d have to think he will be planning a future elsewhere. It really comes down to if we can get a bit of profit or if we piss him around for the remainder of his contract and lose him for free. He’ll certainly be a great pick up for somebody and whoever it is will probably then make some good profit themselves off him down the line.
  25. He absolutely doesn’t need a loan. He’s been on loan and proven himself already. He needs a permanent move away in January where he can kick start his career. What is a loan going to achieve given that would leave him with one year left on his contract?
×
×
  • Create New...