Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

LCFCJohn

Member
  • Posts

    6,052
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by LCFCJohn

  1. This would be the preference Hence me starting with given the decision made!
  2. Given the decision made, the bare minimum should apply to the rearranged fixture. 1. Blackburn are given a 1-0 lead in the game 2. Jacob Greaves is removed from the match at 49 minutes and Ipswich play with 10. If Greaves doesn’t play (say he is injured), a different player is removed. 3. If any Blackburn players are injured in the rearranged fixture, Blackburn should be financially compensated.
  3. It wasn’t a dig personally. I have seen very few people calling for him to be given a chance and just pre-empting that he will leave for free and there will be a massive meltdown aimed at the club and wondered how many of those will be people not wanting him included now. In my view, the facts are there. His contract is running out, we have given no reason for him to resign as we are giving him no opportunities. Only those pushing for his inclusion now will have the right to be pissed off when he walks for free or a pitiful amount. But, if he isn’t good enough, then we should just sell him in January to maximise any profit we can get for him given it would be all PSR profit as an academy player. Well I think we should sell him regardless. The start of this season felt like a sliding doors moment for his career with us, given the limited time on his contract. The fact he has been completely excluded and nowhere near the team means, realistically, his time here is done now. So we just need to maximise the benefit financially and move on. I suppose his sale could fund the remainder of Faes and Vestergaard’s wages
  4. I just wonder how many of those advocating Nelson’s exclusion in favour of Vestergaard and Faes, using one half against Huddersfield again him, will be quick to slam the club when he is sold for a pitiful amount or walks for free. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but hopefully those with your view of prioritising Vestergaard and Faes at the expense of planning for the future by developing Nelson, will stand by this and back the club when we lose Nelson and if he goes on to be a success elsewhere, probably making his next club a decent wedge!
  5. Unfortunately this will be the case. Hopefully he can get back to fitness and still make a good career but doubtful with us. I think partly down to injuries but the generation that we were hopefully of with Alves, Braybrooke and Nelson, I don’t think any of them will play for us now, other than a few minutes here and there. Probably more hope with the younger group who are coming through.
  6. Been saying the same. He clearly won’t be here beyond 2027. There’s no future between Leicester City and Ben Nelson so if we aren’t looking to just get what we can for him, we’ve learned nothing.
  7. He should have, I said as much. In terms of team selection for West Brom, I am just debating the merits of dropping him vs trying to play him back into form.
  8. Blasphemy about the best defender this league has ever seen
  9. To Monga? Must have been watching a different game as I thought they were looking to get him involved whenever possible. Even perennial ball hog Ayew was passing to him!
  10. Marti needs to figure out what is best. From a distance, without knowing what is going on, I find it hard to know if he needs taking out the side or playing into form. Clearly his confidence is shot. Will being dropped help that? I don’t know. But this is where the manager earns his pounds notes (or to those other than Dyche, that would just be their wage).
  11. Notice they have gone missing Fair play for challenging that. It’s like people who just claim players are ‘league 1/2 quality mate’ without any justification, when the players in question have proven themselves at this level and are clearly out of form/confidence. People will have views but it’s a forum, discussion board, so back it up.
  12. Rubbish. He was excellent the season before last. Sorry, people who just arbitrarily chuck statements like ‘league 1/2 level’ just lose credibility for me. It is quite clear that he has had his confident absolutely destroyed from last season and is struggling. He’s not providing now and possible needs a break out the side but to say he is not Championship level is nonsense.
  13. No, our points total flattered us in the end I thought. We weren’t particularly good for large parts of the season and like you say, that run in September/October carried us but we were average at best most of the rest of that season.
  14. I thought it was a decent game. We definitely looked like we have the potential to click with how we played in the second half until we faded at the end. Overall, I think we need to be quicker, more dynamic and press. Just have a higher tempo about what we do as everything seems very slow and laboured. Positives were keeping Coventry out as they have shown they can score for fun this season. Winks, James, Ricardo and Fatawu were very good as well. I liked the look of Carranza and hope he can be the striker we need. I agree with others that say whilst Ayew is not a bad player, he hinders us when playing as striker. He is always too deep and there’s no outlet up top which Carranza immediately showed he will be. Monga also excellent when he came on. Less positive. Choudhury was a bomb scare when he came on. Turning into trouble and seemed determined to give it away. I always feel we are conceding every time the opposition come forward with Faes and Vestergaard. Nobody will convince me otherwise that they are poor poor players and defenders who purely get away with it at this level. Even if we go up, knowing these two will still be in contract and probably be the partnership again just means we come straight back down in embarrassing fashion again. Vestergaard was so sloppy late in the game. He gave the ball away a few times. Faes when he got lost under the ball! Thankfully it was in their half not ours. But yeah, Nelson’s the problem! Attacking set pieces awful. What is Hughes doing? Mav was poor but was growing into the game before the miss. I don’t know if he needs a spell out the side or playing into form.
  15. We will concede about 3 times more than they did across the season to be fair though so we will need to score a lot more to get the results.
  16. In terms of what is realistic (I.e not going to be putting Nelson in my line up as he is clearly done here), this is what I’d go for other than keeping Mavididi at LW. I think he looks shot of confidence but started to grow into the game. He was starting to take on his man and get more involved. He then had the shocking miss which he rushed, looked like due to confidence, and was hooked. It feels like he needs to play back into form and if he does get a goal, that could ignite him. Also think Monga has been really effective coming on but not as much when he did start. I just feel it works as it in in that position at the moment and maybe if we are playing James and Winks in the middle and Carranza up top, it will benefit Mav as well. But I get others will want to see that change made and understand it.
  17. To be fair, I thought Burrows (6 defeats from 6 at Sheffield Utd) and Davis (bottom half with Ipswich) would be the best LBs in the league but Thomas up there. Then you look at the sides at the top, Middlesbrough have Matt Targett and Stoke have Aaron Cresswell. This forum would have been disgusted if we had signed either of them so yeah, I agree with you really. Be interesting to see who people think is better in this league. Not to say we couldn’t find someone who fits our system better if we cast our net a bit wider though.
  18. I mean given that no other games (some very close geographically to Blackburn) didn’t get abandoned, part of me thinks tough as it was Blackburn who couldn’t keep their pitch playable.
  19. Playing ourselves into trouble and lost our threat. Will take a draw now.
  20. What the hell are Choudhury and Vestergaard doing!
  21. Was Ramsay’s tackle last week any worse than Da Silva then?
  22. That’s what Faes brings you…
  23. We lack pace and energy. Ayew playing as striker doesn’t help us. I wonder how we’d look if in the second half we had Winks James Fatawu Ayew Monga Carranza
  24. Oh it’s a great thing don’t get me wrong. We already have 2 goals from him this season. Just making sure it’s not every time from a predictability point of view. That said there needs to be options.
  25. Great work by Fatawu to get up the pitch. I do think he needs to be less predictable in terms of always cutting in and taking the shot.
×
×
  • Create New...