Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

CornwallFox

Member
  • Posts

    2,207
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by CornwallFox

  1. Soumare had a great breakout season in France and Faes had a decent run before we signed him so they are harsh shouts. Daka may be our worst ever player, and I know you didn't name him, but in fairness he was highly sought after too.
  2. Just my opinion but it's the sort of untested, creative appointment I absolutely don't want. That's the kind of thing you do when you're on a positive place and are rolling the dice on a new idea that could turn good into incredible, safe in the knowledge you're not going down. We're not in that place at all.
  3. It's the sort of name I'm after. Somebody with experience and with success in the championship. I've been calling for Mowbray but Dean Smith would not be the worst call at this level.
  4. Only upside would be getting rid of most the squad and starting from scratch. Downside to that is Pearson lightening unlikely to strike twice.
  5. Well we either start playing as a team that needs to win and drag ourselves up the table, or we carry on as we have been as get relegated. The new lads have an unfair amount riding on their shoulders at this point.
  6. The age verification thing is a completely separate issue which presumably could have been made better if we had a national form of ID confirmation. I don't know enough about exactly what was proposed to know if I'm way off but surely the app itself doesn't need to link to the actual data? So, for example, it could simply know you're flagged as being over 18 to give you access to alcohol, events etc that require an age check. It doesn't need your actual date of birth if systems around it were built to simply accept the word of the app. You need to be a UK resident or citizen to access a service? The app simply confirms that, it doesn't need to know your while background, just that you're flagged as a UK citizen. Presumably they could have a limited number of watts to interact with it. I may be way off, there may be plans for it to actively review maybe your passport photo, name, date birth docs against your gov held records, but again I'm not sure how many variants they would need to confirm ID. Maybe worth exploring, i suppose I sit in the find a safe way forward camp, rather than the it's too hard camp.
  7. Does the government not hold basically all of the information already? It already has your photo, Comms info, addresses, finances etc. It just strikes me as backwards that we can't have a straightforward id system as if this is a hugely novel product.
  8. Not always though. The incredibly sensible national id card idea, that could simplify all sorts of government services, keeps getting shot down due to vague reasons pushed by the right. It's a great idea, it's eminently sensible, but in that case convenience, which it offers, is seemingly ignored
  9. There'll be a lot of labour MPs very annoyed at the Burnham situation. My dad has become a true Brexit lover, GB news watcher, immigration above all else voter and we do struggle to discuss politics at times. When we do have a calm discussion we usually find we both see the same problems, but disagree on the answer to them - basically he thinks reform style answers are the answer, whereas I think our current economic model has failed and we need something different underpinning everything. He hasn't been very fond of labour ever really - though he voted lib dem through the late 90s before going Tory then reform more recently - but he does seem to like Andy Burnham. He potentially had something about him that could have pulled voters back in. I think starmar is an honest and principal led man (labour really have stuck very closely to their manifesto on all but a handful of issues which has pretty much never happened before) who is genuinely trying to make hard long term decisions, but that doesn't really work well in the current 24/7 news and social media environment when alongside those things he keeps making really stupid political decisions that cause endless short term pain. So he's getting hit with all these immediate things that hurt him but all the good things he's doing won't come to fruition for years.
  10. I'll be honest, I'm not sure some of those complaining loudest were quite the same when we had the government literally create a scheme for their friends to win contracts who then delivered dodgy gear. We also had a prime minister put a man with links the the KGB into the lords. I think I'm being fairer in my criticism of starmar than those questioning whether I'd have asked questions if it was the Tories.
  11. It's certainly not a very clever look I'll say that. Whether it's right or wrong to have a friend that's a wrong-un, I will say it's a decision that didn't need to be made and representative or some really poor decisions starmar made early on. He's not played politics very well. It's certainly not been a low risk decision for him. I'll be out of replies soon I imagine.
  12. This is the bit I'm trying to find out what was known, as I haven't seen it myself, to work out whether there's an excuse to have appointed. I haven't made my mind up as I don't know enough at this point, you guys might know more.
  13. What I'm trying to establish - I haven't watched PMQs so you may have info I don't - is WHAT did he know about? I see a difference between having a friendship with somebody that has done wrong, and doing wrong yourself. What is it that was actually said today in terms of what was it wasn't known?
  14. What do you/he/they mean by association? Again, Epstein was a wrong un but was there any suggestion mandelson had done anything wrong himself at that point? Personally I think that's the only relevant information we need an answer to.
  15. I'm not a huge fan of attempting to damn politicians for things they couldn't know. Think there are legitimate questions about whether due diligence was done initially but equally it isn't right to not appoint somebody based on their old friend being a wrong-un. Obviously what's come out since looks pretty bad but nobody could've known any of it was coming.
  16. Plasters. The type you use to treat minor cuts. There's only one sort of plaster that's truly useful - the long oblong one - yet you get about 6 of them and an assortment of useless ones. They know very well everybody really wants 20 useful oblong plasters. Should be a law against it.
  17. Did Will Alves' injury ruin his progress or was he never destined to be the player we hoped? Not making the team in a lower division at his age doesn't look wholly positive for his chances at this point.
  18. Is that right? Didn't realise that. Ok that changes things!
  19. I feel your pain but modern football ownership in the UK doesn't lend itself to fan ownership of it would be basically impossible to fund.
  20. Maybe but given his lack of game time I'd expect him to be brought in slowly. Aribo wouldn't surprise me given lack of options.
  21. No striker or left back is a dereliction of duty
  22. Mainly because, an ambassadorship aside, he hasn't been part of public life for about 20 years. He's an irrelevance.
  23. I literally won't apply for a job that doesn't specify salary. Why would I? I would go much harder than you have on the lazy companies doing this if I didn't think it would result in my post limit being even more limited
  24. Not wanting to challenge the underlying status quo is very much a conservative, right wing trait.
×
×
  • Create New...