Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Next Leader of the Opposition

154 members have voted

1. 1. Labour Party (v2)

• Andy Burnham
    • Yvette Cooper
    • Jeremy Corbyn
    • Liz Kendall

It is a shame, but if he doesn't feel he's right for the role he's done the right thing.

I agree, clearly a man of principle given he has kids to look after.

I can't see past Burnham or Umunna now.

Got a lot of time for Burnham. Met him once and he really seemed genuine compared to other high-profile politicians I've spoken to in my job. As someone else mentioned his northern "normal bloke" cred is exactly what Labour needs to get away from this Islington Guardian leftie mafia image the right are so fond of claiming the party is all about these days.

Also drunkenly told two staunch Labour member mates I'd join the party if he became their leader a few months back. Not sure I will but we'll see. lol

My prediction for the Shadow Cabinet, and I reckon there ought to be prizes for this as there were for the election, is as follows.

Leader: Burnham

Deputy: Kendall

Chancellor: Umunna

Foreign Secretary: Cooper

Education: Hunt

Defence: Jarvis

Tories to hit 600 seats. Fortunately that'll never happen - 100/1 in the odds, twice as long as a Blair return.

Can get Clegg for the next conservative leader at the same price lol

Her odds are rapidly improving, they were five hundred to one on Friday!! Should have lumped on!!

Just realised, if Kendall takes over as leader, then potentially in 5 years time Greg Davies could be living in Number 10! lol

If he can fit through the door that is!

Her odds are rapidly improving, they were five hundred to one on Friday!! Should have lumped on!!

I'd be astonished if she was even nominated - she needs 35 MPs to get the nod.

She's not even especially popular within the Labour party, let alone the electorate as a whole.

Just realised, if Kendall takes over as leader, then potentially in 5 years time Greg Davies could be living in Number 10! lol

If he can fit through the door that is!

He'd be much more fun than Dennis Thatcher was as a PM's husband! lol

Don't answer if you don't feel comfortable with it, Fif. I'm not really that interested anyway.

I'm 31 and hold a bachelors and a masters degree. My job involves assisting clients to achieve their desires. You can interpret that however you like.

Pinocchio_2394224c.jpg

I'd be astonished if she was even nominated - she needs 35 MPs to get the nod.

She's not even especially popular within the Labour party, let alone the electorate as a whole.

I'm disappointed it wasn't more obvious but I'm joking. She'll obviously get nowhere near leadership and obviously shouldn't.

Hopefully Kendal won't either, she's a massive Blairite.

I'm disappointed it wasn't more obvious but I'm joking. She'll obviously get nowhere near leadership and obviously shouldn't.

Hopefully Kendal won't either, she's a massive Blairite.

I did wonder what had happened to you for a minute! lol

I don't think Kendall will get leadership, but Deputy wouldn't be a shock.

Over exaggerating one's level of education would be pretty much page one of the anonymous internet troll guidebook. Not that I'm accusing you of anything but I'm not sure you can turn that round on Nick so easily.

I quite like Chuka - hopefully he runs for leadership so we can get to know him more.

I think he's well placed politically - he was bang on when he said Labour has to appeal to aspirational voters and that Labour should support small & medium business, but I worry that he might be part of that 'liberal metropolitan elite' that's said to turn off many voters.

That being said, Ed Miliband changed the Labour voting system while leader, going to a One Member One Vote system, so that only union members who are also members of the party get a vote on the new leader. This will reduce the influence of the trade unions and, in all probability, give a more centrist candidate a better chance than in 2010.

I imagine David Miliband would have been elected leader under this system, and who knows how that would have changed this election...

lol

The fact that you think anyone would lie about such ordinary things only betrays your lowly status, nick.

We think you lie about everything and we know you don't tell the truth about most things if you even answer.

Unions heavily punting burnham.....labour need to break away from unions if they want to govern again ....we are likeky yo see mass social disorder in this term of government owing to the new anti strike laws being prepared , labour will be crushed again if seen too close to unions , burnham would be same old same old

Over exaggerating one's level of education would be pretty much page one of the anonymous internet troll guidebook. Not that I'm accusing you of anything but I'm not sure you can turn that round on Nick so easily.

Never read that books, so I've no idea. If I was going to exaggerate don't you think I'd take it above average?

Archived