Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Next Leader of the Opposition

154 members have voted

1. 1. Labour Party (v2)

• Andy Burnham
    • Yvette Cooper
    • Jeremy Corbyn
    • Liz Kendall

lol

The fact that you think anyone would lie about such ordinary things only betrays your lowly status, nick.

Don't you mean 'demonstrates' or is 'indicative of' my lowly status?

Surely I'm being true to your perceived lowly status of me and not at all betraying it?

Without wishing to be too semantical about it all, I'd of thought a troll of your postgraduate achievements would have a firmer grasp on language.

Incorrect. Very rarely does anyone ever prove me wrong on anything. Differences of opinions, sure, but actually proof? Never.

You never really say anything, your last 40 posts not concerning me have been ramming on about how great the Tories are and how the people love them and they don't lie. The 350 before that were you saying how great the Tories are and what liars Labour are. You either say nothing or give an opinion why is proof needed to discount that?

Never read that books, so I've no idea. If I was going to exaggerate don't you think I'd take it above average?

When you have nothing an exaggeration can be well below the average.

Why does someone with a Masters even need to mention that they have a bachelors? It's like saying you have O' levels (or equivalent). If I mentioned that I had a PhD I wouldn't need to mention my Masters or bachelors unless I wanted to point out that I have 2 of each. 

Don't you mean 'demonstrates' or is 'indicative of' my lowly status?

Surely I'm being true to your perceived lowly status of me and not at all betraying it?

Without wishing to be too semantical about it all, I'd of thought a troll of your postgraduate achievements would have a firmer grasp on language.

No, betray is a fine word to use.

2. unintentionally reveal; be evidence of.

"she drew a deep breath that betrayed her indignation"

Nick made a comment that betrayed his lowly status.

Absolutely fine.

Anything else?

No, betray is a fine work to use.

Typing mistakes are easy to make and they don't necessarily show intent. 

No, betray is a fine word to use.

2. unintentionally reveal; be evidence of.

"she drew a deep breath that betrayed her indignation"

Nick made a comment that betrayed his lowly status.

Absolutely fine.

Anything else?

You're sure now?

You're sure now?

Yes.

I was being modest before, but since you're continuing to push I might as well just be honest. The honest truth is that it's not just correct, it's actually the perfect word to use in the circumstances.

Don't be surprised if you find plenty of spelling and grammatical errors in my posts though. Everyone makes them occasionally, especially when typing on a smartphone.

Got to agree with that last part. I post like an absolute retard since I've gotten this phone.

The auto correct and the Chrome browser are both laggy and abysmal. I've never met anyone that types better than I do on a conventional keyboard (because I'm a massive nerd) but I'm ****ing woeful on this piece of shit.

Yes.

I was being modest before, but since you're continuing to push I might as well just be honest. The honest truth is that it's not just correct, it's actually the perfect word to use in the circumstances.

Don't be surprised if you find plenty of spelling and grammatical errors in my posts though. Everyone makes them occasionally, especially when typing on a smartphone.

So to be honest, perfect and certain (I feel all three are important here) I betrayed my lowly status - does that mean my status is higher and therefore betrayed or that my status is low anyway and my comment just underlined it? Doesn't betrayal show some evidence or reveal something that is being hidden?

Help me out here.

So to be honest, perfect and certain (I feel all three are important here) I betrayed my lowly status - does that mean my status is higher and therefore betrayed or that my status is low anyway and my comment just underlined it? Doesn't betrayal show some evidence or reveal something that is being hidden?

Help me out here.

To unintentionally reveal, nick. That's what you did.

To unintentionally reveal, nick. That's what you did.

Still, I think you are on shaky ground contextually.

But I do appreciate that you are now polite, certain, perfect and honest.

If I make a typo Moose makes comments on it for two pages. ATM I do not  have a spellchecker activated and my space bar is very sensitive and with me being a fast typer (abeit one finger) it often doubles spaces. I correct where I can.

If I make a typo Moose makes comments on it for two pages. ATM I do not have a spellchecker activated and my space bar is very sensitive and with me being a fast typer (abeit one finger) it often doubles spaces. I correct where I can.

Rince, if I made two pages of comments for every typo you made, there would be no room for anything else on the Internet.

Your space bar problem still fascinates me. I can't even double space if I try and I am trying right now. There must be an auto correct feature on the forum which you're bypassing somehow.

Guest MattP

Ironically it was the last Labour leadership election where I stopped taking this party seriously. Hearing Ed Miliband say to Diane Abbott "I'm so glad you ran" and how wonderful she is having recieving about 3 votes on stage in hindsight was the start of it turning from a political party based on serious policy to the weird politically correct obsessed cult it seems to be now.

So how can get it back? I always think you should ask yourself who the opposition would be scared of and the only names I can given you on that is Dan Jarvis or Alan Johnson, both know a bit about being in a battle though and I doubt he's want the fight against Boris in 2020, I don't think the country will be ready to trust Labour again that quickly.

Andy Burnham - Positives are he's the stereotype of the Labour working man, is a very nice guy and would be able to garner the support of the unions, negatives are that he can be a bit morose at times and look like he isn't up for a fight, I think the next leader to take power under Labour will be one who is prepared to go hacking through the opposition with a sword like Blair was, he won't do that.

Chukkus Urmoney - Postives are that he knows Labour needs business to succeed, he realised you have to make money you want to spend it, negatives are he was probably the only man more arrogant than Ed Balls in the last government, don't see the point of mentioning his race, Labour already has the black vote sewn up. Other big negative is he has the Grant Shapps about him editing his own wikipedia page to call himself the British Obama.

Liz Kendall - Positives she's a woman, negatives are she's just not very good and comes across as a ranting cow a lot of the time, if anyone has watched the Thick of It she's the real-life Nicola Murray.

Mrs Ed Balls - Likely winner for me, don't rate her one bit as a politician but I think she'll clean up the female vote and they are gagging for a leader that isn't pale or male, postives she's a women, negatives she's Ed Balls' woman.

Tristram Hunt - Positives are huge with this one, very good on TV, very articulate and comes across as real astute politician (barring one daft moment where he slagged off Catholics on QT) and also has real life experience of working which is becoming a rare thing in the Labour party. The big negative of course is he's a public schoolboy called Tristram and when you have made such a big deal over Tory Toffs, Trebles in the backroom at Eton etc it would be ridiculous to put the same thing forward as your own leader.

Cooper to beat Umanna by a whisker, Labour to still continue to find a direction that makes them electable, I feel sorry for whoever gets the job, you are running a party that is too left wing for England yet too right-wing for Scotland, you need to do well in both to have a chance of a majority.

I think he's well placed politically - he was bang on when he said Labour has to appeal to aspirational voters and that Labour should support small & medium business, but I worry that he might be part of that 'liberal metropolitan elite' that's said to turn off many voters.

He definitely has that air about him, but he actually represents the constituency in which he grew up. He really ought to make a bigger deal of that in this day and age of parachute politicians (on that note, I've read Ed Balls is being lined up for a seat in Coventry).

Also saw apparently Chuka is being advised to run for Mayor of London rather than Labour leader. Would make absolute sense for him to do that and have a stab at being top dog later on. It's hardly done Boris's profile any harm...

Archived