Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Signings this season

Not subscribing to this "Simpson isn't that bad" mantra.

He offers nothing going forward and isn't particularly solid defensively. Probably the most prolific back-pedaller I've seen.

For a reported £2m, that was money wasted imo.

Lawrence - might be for the future, but was appalling whenever he played this season. Does being young automatically put you in undecided? lol

Yes, ...eg Schlupp, Moore and Wasilewski cos hes always young.

The only three players I've watched all season who I beleive do not now warrant playing for a Prem club are Konchesky, Simpson and Upson

Knochesky because I think he's no longer able enough defensively. Upson because I simply feel he's past his best now.

And Simpson because coming forward he cannot keep possession.

Just those three

The rest (including Hammond) have a part to play in us going forward.

There...no 'he's shite' etc... Instead why I don't think these three have it in their locker anymore.

The only three players I've watched all season who I beleive do not now warrant playing for a Prem club are Konchesky, Simpson and Upson

Knochesky because I think he's no longer able enough defensively. Upson because I simply feel he's past his best now.

And Simpson because coming forward he cannot keep possession.

Just those three

The rest (including Hammond) have a part to play in us going forward.

There...no 'he's shite' etc... Instead why I don't think these three have it in their locker anymore.

Totally agree with this... The 3 mentioned should not be part of our squad next season!

Simpson has failed everywhere he has been. Shipped out of Man Utd to Newcastle and promptly got relegated. Season or 2 later he rocks up at QPR and did bugger all till he ended up here. Done nothing here either. Get rid.

Get rid? To who? We paid £2 million for him, he'd be on sizeable wages for a championship club so he's not going anywhere. We'd need to replace him too which isn't and shouldn't be necessary.

I don't rate Simpson too much but as defensive cover at RB he isn't disastrously bad. He was signed to back up De Laet if he struggled. Both of our RBs were victims of the whole team playing badly on multiple occasions. 

I don't want to see Simpson play for us again. I think Konchesky is still a better full back than him. 

Konchesky probably is a better full-back, hence his recognition with more PL experience, international caps and playing for bigger clubs, but the problem with Konchesky was he'd be solid enough 1 game and the next make a few catastrophic errors that cost dearly - that in my book is worse (not much) than the few very average performances Simpson delivered. 

Archived