Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Signings this season

Hits- 

Cambiasso

Huth

Ulloa

Albrighton

Hamer

Misses- 

Simpson

Upson

Powell

Undecided-

Kramaric

Lawrence

Schwarzer (save against Hull was crucial and has possibly helped Kasper improve. On balance, undecided is fairer). 

What do you reckon?

Hits- 

Cambiasso

Huth

Ulloa

Albrighton

Hamer

Misses- 

Simpson

Upson

Schwarzer 

Powell

Undecided-

Kramaric

Lawrence

What do you reckon?

I'd make Schwarzer undecided, he could easily go on and go into a coaching role and do really well, I imagine he could be very useful for Kasper and Ben and was a free signing so I wouldn't exactly say that's a miss. But otherwise agree.

Corky, that's slightly harsh on Upson given the fact that he was absent for most part this season because of injury. I'd be a bit more generous and put him in the *undecided" section - quite frankly, I haven't seen enough of him in order to label him a "miss".

I'm even not sure about Simpson, to be frank. I've criticized De Laet early on in the season for not tracking back fast enough, then he improved. I'd like to give Simpson the same benefit of the doubt with regards to future appearances in a Leicester shirt.

Part of Schwarzer's "blunders" were also not down to him, but due to a back four or at least the two/three centre-backs letting him down (sloppy defending or unfortunate deflections). But I do agree he should make way in the squad for somebody younger. I'll gladly have him stay at the club as a goalkeeper coach, though. His experience in the top flight could come in very handy in the near future.

Agree. Ulloa's provided some decent goals and our top scorer, as well as providing an aerial presence, Albrighton took a while to gel but was in the end a good piece of business on the free, and has the crossing ability and set piece quality we've been lacking for a while. Hamer has proved himself a solid second choice should the need arise and a worthy no.2. Huth has been a unit at the back, efficient and solid whilst providing some comfort and experience for Wes to thrive off and get back to form, a key instalment in the team. Cambiasso, what can be said that already hasn't? A player whose immense quality can only be trumped by his insatiable passion for the shirt. Exactly what every professional should look to be and hopefully we'll be seeing more of him next season.

On the other hand, Powell wasn't up for it, and a bad attitude seems to be the issue. Simpson didn't hit the heights of level of performance expected, same could be said for Schwarzer, to be fair he was only a last minute replacement, and Kasper has seemed to improved since his signing, coincidence? Upson simply injured and not up to this standard anymore.

Kramaric I have no doubt will have a big part next season, shown glimpses of quality that a full preseason could only help. Lawrence I'm not sure of, came with some plaudits from Man U fans but not heard much.

Corky, that's slightly harsh on Upson given the fact that he was absent for most part this season because of injury. I'd be a bit more generous and put him in the *undecided" section - quite frankly, I haven't seen enough of him in order to label him a "miss".

I'm even not sure about Simpson, to be frank. I've criticized De Laet early on in the season for not tracking back fast enough, then he improved. I'd like to give Simpson the same benefit of the doubt with regards to future appearances in a Leicester shirt.

Part of Schwarzer's "blunders" were also not down to him, but due to a back four or at least the two/three centre-backs letting him down (sloppy defending or unfortunate deflections). But I do agree he should make way in the squad for somebody younger. I'll gladly have him stay at the club as a goalkeeper coach, though. His experience in the top flight could come in very handy in the near future.

Fair enough Pruss. As I've said, Schwarzer was a tough choice, Simpson for me wasn't, at times he struggled to do the basics such as control and pass and looked very shaky defensively, offered little going forward too.

Upson- possibly but he looked a slow defender. If we had him instead of Huth each week I don't think Morgan would've improved to the extent he has.

Fair enough, although Schwarzer is probably here for a future coaching role.

He's not. He's got no coaching badges, and is going straight into media. Doesn't want to be involved as a coach at all. He's signed until the end of next season but depending on who we sign this summer he may retire early.

Was sat on the train after the Swansea game with him

Can all agree, Karmaric I think will come good at some point and I do believe that. However so far he's been the tad disappointing, especially for the the price tag we paid for him. Maybe its just he hasn't had much game time, could do with a good run up in the pre season.  

Schwarzer is one of our best signings this season.

Reason why is down to his off feild influences. When Hamer was on the bench, he always used to come out at half time and warm up. Anyone noticed Schwarzer has never done this? -where else would he be then in the changing room motivating the team. This has coinsided with our change of form.

Apart from Powell and Simpson (who is an okay squad player), the signings were all reasonably successful or in Upson's case a gamble that didn't work.

The failed signings are the ones that we should have made but didn't I.e. a LB and a Huth signing at the start of the season.

Well done NP and team

Sinpson's a limited player but I don't think he's been a terrible signing, he had a few poor games whilst the whole side were shit - we signed him as a backup and that's what he's been.

Sinpson's a limited player but I don't think he's been a terrible signing, he had a few poor games whilst the whole side were shit - we signed him as a backup and that's what he's been.

Simpson has failed everywhere he has been. Shipped out of Man Utd to Newcastle and promptly got relegated. Season or 2 later he rocks up at QPR and did bugger all till he ended up here. Done nothing here either. Get rid.

Good thread...to go fishing.

Powell, worth the try.

Simpson, we needed RB backing, he wasnt that bad, but not yet cracked it.If city keep him, I have no problem.

Upson, too long injured, even if Huth doesnt stay, sorry I see better investments.

Kramaric..worth a punt, good investment, next season must show at least some potential growth, samo for Moore.

I liked Hamer so didnt understand Schwarzer, prefererred to have seen a younger 2nd choice other team GK given his chance,

with Hamer staying 1st choice, until Kasper was ready to return.

Lawrence, like Powell, worth the punt, Lawrence seems to have impressed, worth keeping the faith, and give him bench and game time.James out for extended period, Cambiasso if staying, does not need to play every game.DD still to find PL feet.

Yes we need top class midfield buys, but Lawrence maybe the future.

Another thing, I like Mahrez, but he still blows hot and cold.Yesterday unlike some I thought he did a job he wasnt smooth,

but he put in a shift, he chased down, and shown intent, something that we had missed in a few games.

With Knocky going, Albrighton IMO first choice, we need to find hits to cover this area.

Archived