Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Let's give Claudio a chance

Are transfer targets in general really going to care that we've sacked Pearson? It's not exactly Fergie being replaced by Moyes. Ok, Ranieri aint Klopp, but I can't see very many of our targets refusing to sign because they don't rate him. I think to most outsiders it would be seen as a sideways step at worst.

For all those who would have considered joining coz of the Great Escape and the idea of a manager established at his club, there's just as many who would be put off by his 'antics' and lack of top flight pedigree.

I would have preferred to have kept Pearson, but on balance I don't feel we're any worse off with Ranieri.

And yet we were a shambles until January when he finally signed the central defender we had obviously needed in the summer.

Let's not forget Pearson also had from April to plan his transfer policy. Ranieri has been here a few days.

Transfers are not done by Pearson or Ranieri. It's the DoF and Walsh's operation. Nothing has changed since the appointment either.

The FoxesTalk Cycle. 

Member makes anti Ranieri comment - Anti Pearsonite makes random unfounded negative comment about Pearson - Pearsonite makes pro Pearson comment based on fact - Member makes pro Ranieri comment.   Repeat

The FoxesTalk Cycle.

Member makes anti Ranieri comment - Anti Pearsonite makes random unfounded negative comment about Pearson - Pearsonite makes pro Pearson comment based on fact - Member makes pro Ranieri comment. Repeat

The real FT cycle:

Someone says 'sod it, Pearson has gone, let's try to be positive about Ranieri'.

Pro Pearson seeks out something, anything, to be negative about. Some founded, many unfounded. Pro Ranieri suggests things ain't all bad. Pro Pearson suggests they are.

Repeat cycle...

All I'm saying is wait a while, give it some games, look and see how we are playing and THEN discuss.

Makes more sense than all this bloody conjecture.

IMO.

I don't agree with Pearson's dismissal

But I'm not worried about much......... other than how we're playing.

We know what this squad is like playing a cagey 'tactical' game & we know what it's like playing fast, decisive & at times unplayable football.

If we undo what's been built I'm bothered, if we build on it & deliver the kind of continual improvement we've seen since Pearson's arrival in June of 2008 (albeit with backward steps in between his tenure-ships) then I'll be delighted

C'mon Citeh... Whoever's in charge

Archived