Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Let's give Claudio a chance

If the reports about missing out on players to Villa and WBA etc are ture, this guy obviously has zero pulling power when it comes to signing new players!

You've kind of answered your own question. If reports are true, well we don't know do we. Do you not think that it's just lazy journalism half the time if villa and west brom are linked surely Leicester would be looking to? People care far too much about transfers and rumours. One more midfielder and we are in a stronger position than last year. We are stronger already compared to the start of last season

You've kind of answered your own question. If reports are true, well we don't know do we. Do you not think that it's just lazy journalism half the time if villa and west brom are linked surely Leicester would be looking to? People care far too much about transfers and rumours. One more midfielder and we are in a stronger position than last year. We are stronger already compared to the start of last season

Doubtful.

The best thing you can say about Ranieri is that the jury is out on him. He hasn’t managed in this league for 11 years and his last job (Greece) was a disaster.

Very few players are likely to want to sign for us until they see how we start under Ranieri – by which time of course it will be too late as the transfer window will have closed. We have just lost our best player (Cambiasso) and have been unable to convince any player to join us since Pearson left.

Our transfer targets seem hopelessly unrealistic. We should be trying to get players like James Chester rather than thinking we can compete with the likes of Marseilles for players. The Thais have their head in the clouds again.

The outlook for LCFC is currently very unclear.  It’s no wonder that James Chester signed for Pullis rather than even listening to what we had to say.  We are a disaster waiting to happen right now. Ranieri has got everything to prove again. Can he do it? At the moment, he is still the manager who took a World Cup last-16 team and made them worse than the Faroe Islands in the space of four months.

Doubtful.

The best thing you can say about Ranieri is that the jury is out on him. He hasn’t managed in this league for 11 years and his last job (Greece) was a disaster.

Very few players are likely to want to sign for us until they see how we start under Ranieri – by which time of course it will be too late as the transfer window will have closed. We have just lost our best player (Cambiasso) and have been unable to convince any player to join us since Pearson left.

Our transfer targets seem hopelessly unrealistic. We should be trying to get players like James Chester rather than thinking we can compete with the likes of Marseilles for players. The Thais have their head in the clouds again.

The outlook for LCFC is currently very unclear. It’s no wonder that James Chester signed for Pullis rather than even listening to what we had to say. We are a disaster waiting to happen right now. Ranieri has got everything to prove again. Can he do it? At the moment, he is still the manager who took a World Cup last-16 team and made them worse than the Faroe Islands in the space of four months.

Which of course is all complete conjecture on your part.

Here are some of my beliefs (not facts, beliefs).

1. Players sign primarily for money. Offer them the money they'll sign regardless of whether Ranieri is in charge or not.

2. We aren't a 'disaster waiting to happen'. Why are we? We have signed players (though I admit, not that elusive midfielder) and are looking settled in the pre season.

3. The players, as alluded to above, appear quite 'chirpy' in training.

4. Why is 'the future unclear' for LCFC?

Who says?

Is it any more 'unclear' now than last season and if so why?

I guess the Board are quite clear re. The direction of the club. You don't sit on the Board I suspect?

Again. Stop making assumptions as though they are facts and set in stone.

It's a kind of doom - mongering really when the season is yet to even start.

Let's see how we do, hope for the best, and have this conversation again at Christmas. It could go either way..or we could just win a few, lose a few.

Let's get one thing straight. If we aren't bottom at Christmas we will be doing better than last year.

Agreed! The first 45m of the final game, (v Ipswich), was every bit as impressive as some of the much lauded stuff under NP...

On our day we were probably as good, there was just absolutely no consistency, we'd go and stuff someone at home and then get stuffed away the next week unbelievably regularly - which makes me question their attitude and mentality.

I'll never take it away from Sven that some of the stuff we played at home in the 2010/11 season was excellent.

1. Players sign primarily for money. Offer them the money they'll sign regardless of whether Ranieri is in charge or not.

2. We aren't a 'disaster waiting to happen'. Why are we? We have signed players (though I admit, not that elusive midfielder) and are looking settled in the pre season.

Who says?

I guess the Board are quite clear re. The direction of the club. You don't sit on the Board I suspect?

Let's see how we do, hope for the best, and have this conversation again at Christmas. It could go either way..or we could just win a few, lose a few.

Let's get one thing straight. If we aren't bottom at Christmas we will be doing better than last year.

I don’t wanna get all philosophical on yo’ ass - but any opinion on future events is conjecture. Every opinion in the history of the Universe is based on assumptions.  Kant. J You do exactly the same thing (“Players sign for money”; “The players appear chirpy”).

I’ve no idea why you think I dress-up my opinion as fact. I can only assume (yes) that it’s because my opinion is the most logical conjecture (uh-huh) to draw from the current state of affairs. You probably share it, but you’re hoping that it turns out roses. Well, I hope so to. And in the other common Foxestalk parlance that will allow me to avoid a panning on here if we’re top in October : I have faith that Ranieri can bring us success. OK? Now I’m covered. J

It’s not doom-mongering though, to point out that Greece 0-1 Faroe Islands is a fact. As is Ranieri’s 11 years away from the Premiership.

The future’s unclear because of the reasons I use in the same paragraph in which I expressed that opinion last time around. There’s no point in me regurgitating them since you’ve already ignored them first time around.

You, on the other hand have offered nothing to counter them other than the chirpiness of the players. Is your opinion based solely upon that?

Who says?

:thumbup:

I don’t wanna get all philosophical on yo’ ass - but any opinion on future events is conjecture. Every opinion in the history of the Universe is based on assumptions. Kant. J You do exactly the same thing (“Players sign for money”; “The players appear chirpy”).

I’ve no idea why you think I dress-up my opinion as fact. I can only assume (yes) that it’s because my opinion is the most logical conjecture (uh-huh) to draw from the current state of affairs. You probably share it, but you’re hoping that it turns out roses. Well, I hope so to. And in the other common Foxestalk parlance that will allow me to avoid a panning on here if we’re top in October : I have faith that Ranieri can bring us success. OK? Now I’m covered. J

It’s not doom-mongering though, to point out that Greece 0-1 Faroe Islands is a fact. As is Ranieri’s 11 years away from the Premiership.

The future’s unclear because of the reasons I use in the same paragraph in which I expressed that opinion last time around. There’s no point in me regurgitating them since you’ve already ignored them first time around.

You, on the other hand have offered nothing to counter them other than the chirpiness of the players. Is your opinion based solely upon that?

You lose any credibility by continually mentioning the Greece job

Doubtful.

The outlook for LCFC is currently very unclear. It’s no wonder that James Chester signed for Pullis rather than even listening to what we had to say. We are a disaster waiting to happen right now. Ranieri has got everything to prove again. Can he do it? At the moment, he is still the manager who took a World Cup last-16 team and made them worse than the Faroe Islands in the space of four months.

James Chester was totally overpriced

If Ranieri had rushed into signing players for the sake of it at any valuation he would have been criticised.

Because he's taking his time he is being criticised.

He can't win with some people.

Thankfully the sensible fans recognise that signing the right players for a club he has only just joined is going to take time.

Some short memories on show too, everyone forgetting the total balls up Pearson made of last summer's window

I made a point earlier which seemed to be conveniently ignored....

IF LCFC aren't bottom by Christmas, we'll be doing BETTER than at the same time last season.

Fact?

Give...the...New. ..bloke...a...chance..

.com

Col is making some very good points which is good cos it means I don't have to!!

Good news all round!

#giveranieriachance(whatever # means nowadays!!!)

He signed our top scorer, our best player and the best players from the record breaking season before on four year deals you melt.

And yet we were a shambles until January when he finally signed the central defender we had obviously needed in the summer.

Let's not forget Pearson also had from April to plan his transfer policy. Ranieri has been here a few days.

genuine fans should get behind him - how can you slate a manager before he starts. Come on and get behind the manager. He is our leader..

We are behind him, you're the one continually banging on about the last manager.

Maybe you should move on and focus on the future.

Some short memories on show too, everyone forgetting the total balls up Pearson made of last summer's window

Still remains to be seen as to how much of it was down to Pearson and to what extent Robinson was at fault.

Archived