Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Let's give Claudio a chance

Key thing was he seemed to know a bit about us from last season and understood the importance of building on the way we play now and not totally change things straight away. He said he won't change things too much, just add some "Italian tactics".

Italian tactics, games will go on till about 6 then

Just had al look on Amazon and their is a book by Ranieri(sp it's a bit too soon to be sure of spelling) called Proud Man Walking.Gets some good write up's about his time at Chelsea before the russian came in,might give it a go on kindle.

Excited about having ranieri as our manager. New challenge for him and us. I personally think it will work.Sad to see nige go but he was never going to stay for ever. It's like having a pet dog/cat the managerial game is. Onwards and upwards I say

Excited about having ranieri as our manager. New challenge for him and us. I personally think it will work.Sad to see nige go but he was never going to stay for ever. It's like having a pet dog/cat the managerial game is. Onwards and upwards I say

Fingers crossed you are right. Time will tell

The disappointment linked with Claudio being given the job, for the majority, is aimed towards the owners.

Although (myself included) the majority have taken no issue with the way in which the owners have forced parts of their culture upon our football club (naming of ground, flying thai flags, huge elephant, monks etc etc), it is disappointing that they have yet to adapt to our 'footballing culture'.

The footballing world, especially in our country, has, in the words of Gordon Strachan 'No morals'. Child killers, rapists and wife/girlfriend beaters are paid thousands and thousands of pounds to be employed in the best job in the world and play the worlds most beautiful game.

To this day i still am unable to explain why calling a person a 'slit-eye'......is treated with a harsher punishment than someone who beat up his girlfriend.

Crikey!

Some people take some pleasing, if for instance we had managed to persuade Jose' to join us from Chelski you would still moan. 

How would you like it if you were about to start a new job and yet even before you have settled in and made your prescense felt people where prejudging you!

Give the guy a chance.

Welcome Claudio, good luck, hopefully you will make us a force to be reckoned with.

Crikey!

Some people take some pleasing, if for instance we had managed to persuade Jose' to join us from Chelski you would still moan.

How would you like it if you were about to start a new job and yet even before you have settled in and made your prescense felt people where prejudging you!

Give the guy a chance.

Welcome Claudio, good luck, hopefully you will make us a force to be reckoned with.

I'm sure it would help if he changed his name to Nigel Pearson Ranieri and wore a Pearson face mask and throttled opposition players, called people Ostriches and told City fans to **** off and die

Then most of our fans would suddenly like him :whistle:

I am extremely fed up with this notion that people hate Ranieri because he isn't Nigel.  I personally see it as an appointment with serious potential to help the club move forwards, depending on whether Claudio can emulate his previous successes.  

I've seen many well-reasoned arguments why people think it's a bit of a risk (aren't all managerial appointments?), as well as some not so well-reasoned ones, but if anyone's taking one look at his face and thinking "that's not Nigel GRAGRGGGGRH", then either they're hiding it well in the messages they write or I'm being blind.  The only one I can think of who fits that description is Mark_W who seems to have gone from a poster with reasonable views on our manager under Pearson to a "we'll finish 20th" doom-monger now that Ranieri's in.

I am extremely fed up with this notion that people hate Ranieri because he isn't Nigel. I personally see it as an appointment with serious potential to help the club move forwards, depending on whether Claudio can emulate his previous successes.

I've seen many well-reasoned arguments why people think it's a bit of a risk (aren't all managerial appointments?), as well as some not so well-reasoned ones, but if anyone's taking one look at his face and thinking "that's not Nigel GRAGRGGGGRH", then either they're hiding it well in the messages they write or I'm being blind. The only one I can think of who fits that description is Mark_W who seems to have gone from a poster with reasonable views on our manager under Pearson to a "we'll finish 20th" doom-monger now that Ranieri's in.

We have to all hope Ranieri will do well

It's in the balance for me but :fc: he will do well

We have to all hope Ranieri will do well

It's in the balance for me but :fc: he will do well

Same here mate. I'm unsure too. None of us can have much of a clue how he'll do.

BUT..He's now our manager so we get behind him and hope it comes good.

Same here mate. I'm unsure too. None of us can have much of a clue how he'll do.

Do think we need a bit more quality in the squad in key areas

I'm hoping Big Claudio can sort that out ASAP

The disappointment linked with Claudio being given the job, for the majority, is aimed towards the owners.

Although (myself included) the majority have taken no issue with the way in which the owners have forced parts of their culture upon our football club (naming of ground, flying thai flags, huge elephant, monks etc etc), it is disappointing that they have yet to adapt to our 'footballing culture'.

The footballing world, especially in our country, has, in the words of Gordon Strachan 'No morals'. Child killers, rapists and wife/girlfriend beaters are paid thousands and thousands of pounds to be employed in the best job in the world and play the worlds most beautiful game.

To this day i still am unable to explain why calling a person a 'slit-eye'......is treated with a harsher punishment than someone who beat up his girlfriend.

So what you're saying is, the lads should have been able to get away with being racist because that's in our "footballing culture", and the owners are in the wrong for not understanding that?

Agreed, But I still think he has to start of well in the league otherwise the panic will set in quickly. If he does start well then NP will be quickly forgotten.

Agreed, But I still think he has to start of well in the league otherwise the panic will set in quickly. If he does start well then NP will be quickly forgotten.

First game of the season is vital in my opinion. It's not the result as such, it's the performance. If we play like the last quarter of last season then happy days, if else play like the first half of palace away under Sousa then kill me now. I know that's an extreme viewpoint but for a lot of fans I truly believe it will be that knee jerk.

It's the unknown which is getting, me included, people worried. It's only natural. We knew what we were getting from a Pearson team, Ranieri is the unknown.

Archived