Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Let's give Claudio a chance

Another massive assumption! The final proposal, the one he rejected, was made 24 hours before we found out that he wasn't returning. After weeks of reports that he was waiting to see who the new manager was.

Maybe he wouldn't have signed for Pearson either (though he had signed for him once before, and was still on holiday when Pearson was fired, and had said he'd need time to make his mind up), maybe it had nothing to do with Ranieri (though in his astonishingly successful career at Inter he enjoyed one of his least successful seasons under Ranieri), but to be as positive as you are - especially when he may well yet sign for a side that finished in a similar position to us last year - and without any information whatsoever to back up your claim, is frankly extraordinary.

Whatever.

Do you also remember the Derby away game, when Yakubu scored his stunning goal, and everyone was purring about the fantastic football we were playing.

As has been pointed out, most of Svens signings turned out to be poor, and considering the money he spent, his failure to get us into the play offs , meant his time here will rightly be seen as a failure, where lots of money was wasted, but we did play some good football under him at times.

We were far better to watch in 2010/11 under Sven than 2011/12. Some of the performances in 2010/11 were excellent, I will give him that. There was just no consistency what so ever and no real character about us as a team.

Cant believe u lot are slating the guy b4 weve even kicked a ball in the new season

Get behind him and the team ffs

Call urself fans

Its not like any of have managed a pl team in ur lifetime

Jesus...

Cant believe u lot are slating the guy b4 weve even kicked a ball in the new season

Get behind him and the team ffs

Call urself fans

Its not like any of have managed a pl team in ur lifetime

Jesus...

I must get to grips with this shorthand/text speak. It must save loads of typing time!

I think if MON was appointed there would have been no complaints whatsoever, even if we played the way we have been.

He wasn't appointed and I've never had the impression he really wanted to come back since he left. Some people are like guys who've lost a girlfriend or wife. They can't quite handle it and keep going back in the hope that things will miraculously change or the woman hasn't found find a new and at least temporarily better life without you. MON is gone. He's walked into the sunset. Life's a bitch but that's the reality and he too will find one day that he's just a memory. A guy who once did something worthwhile.    

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but noticed Ranieri's latest quote today:

"We need to work hard to keep the club in the PL, but I'm very confident we can do that"

Think I read a similar quote a few days ago alluding to survival next season.

I wonder if this means he'll be happy with 17th or if he's just managing our expectations?

I haven't heard any quotes talking about building on last years position or improving on that.

I thought the idea was that he takes the club forward? I'm picking up vibes that he'll be happy with just staying up. Doesn't sound overly ambitious to me.

Happy to be proved wrong if anyone has heard anything different?

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but noticed Ranieri's latest quote today:

"We need to work hard to keep the club in the PL, but I'm very confident we can do that"

I wonder if this means he'll be happy with 17th or if he's just managing our expectations?

I haven't heard any quotes talking about building on last years position or improving on that.

I thought the idea was that he takes the club forward? I'm picking up vibes that he'll be happy with just staying up. Doesn't sound overly ambitious to me.

In our current situation, with the current squad, I will be happy if Leicester City stay up.

I like it, he's being realistic

Pearson would have been saying the same thing at this stage. It's about establishing ourselves as a Premier League side. Walk before you run

Agreed but personally find the mood at the moment with the club quite low. Cambiasso not signing and frustration with potential signings has killed positive buzz.

I think all City fans would have been confident come May of staying up this season, I think that will have fell away a bit now.

Just re-read an article from May 2014 where Vichai said he wanted City to break into the PL top 5 within 3 years and was willing to spend money to do so. I wonder if that is still his ambition now?

Agreed but personally find the mood at the moment with the club quite low. Cambiasso not signing and frustration with potential signings has killed positive buzz.

I think all City fans would have been confident come May of staying up this season, I think that will have fell away a bit now.

The mood in here is quite low. Outside foxestalk everything is as normal.

I'm liking Claudio. Love his interviews, reminds me on an Italian O'Neill with his attitude and little sayings: "slowly slowly" being my fave.

Doesn't seem to pull punches if we make mistakes or underperform but I think it is from high expectations rather than open or unwarranted criticism.

All we need now is for him to sign some damn players!!

Archived