Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Reserves Tonight

According to Levein, Iain Hume will play tonight against Palace. Anyone going? I might have a wander down and take a look at our boy wonder.

Good idea!

Between the international matches on tonight and me working, I don't think I will make it down there...

Let us know what you thought though!!!

Four Leicester City squad members will be hoping to press their claims for a place in the first team line up when the reserves take on Crystal Palace at Hinckley United FC this evening (7pm).

City boss Craig Levein has named a side containing a mixture of youth and experience for the FA Premier Reserve League South contest - with Paul Henderon, Patrick Kisnorbo, Joe Hamill and recent £750,000 capture Iain Hume all named in the starting XI.

Hamill will be hoping to continue in the rich vein of form that saw him score twice against Arsenal last week, while Henderson plays his final game before serving a one-match reserve league ban after he was sent off in the early stages of the same game.

Entrance to the Marston's Stadium for the game is just £2 for adults and £1 for concessions. Junior members go free - so don't forget to take your membership card along.

Extended highlights from the match will be available on Leicester City World from noon on Wednesday.

City: Paul Henderson, Scott Lycett, Conor Franklin, Patrick Kisnorbo, Matthew Goodwin, Liam Norvall, Levi Porter, Andy King, Ashley Chambers, Iain Hume, Joe Hamill.

Subs: Joseph Magunda, Conrad Logan, Ricky Muggleton, Adam Wykes, Ryan Beswick.

Four Leicester City squad members will be hoping to press their claims for a place in the first team line up when the reserves take on Crystal Palace at Hinckley United FC this evening (7pm).

City boss Craig Levein has named a side containing a mixture of youth and experience for the FA Premier Reserve League South contest - with Paul Henderon, Patrick Kisnorbo, Joe Hamill and recent £750,000 capture Iain Hume all named in the starting XI.

Hamill will be hoping to continue in the rich vein of form that saw him score twice against Arsenal last week, while Henderson plays his final game before serving a one-match reserve league ban after he was sent off in the early stages of the same game.

Entrance to the Marston's Stadium for the game is just £2 for adults and £1 for concessions. Junior members go free - so don't forget to take your membership card along.

Extended highlights from the match will be available on Leicester City World from noon on Wednesday.

City: Paul Henderson, Scott Lycett, Conor Franklin, Patrick Kisnorbo, Matthew Goodwin, Liam Norvall, Levi Porter, Andy King, Ashley Chambers, Iain Hume, Joe Hamill.

Subs: Joseph Magunda, Conrad Logan, Ricky Muggleton, Adam Wykes, Ryan Beswick.

There isn't a bloody lot of experience!... Kisnorbo and Henderson are the only ones over 21! :blink: Not that that's a bad thing... :thumbup:

No point in Reserves playing at Filbert Way when costs of running a stadium that big probably outweigh the takings from match and pitch can get overused then.

You still need the same amount of hired help to cope with the demand. lcfc is open every day of the year.

When a young player plays at the walkers, it surely gota give him a bigger lift, than playing at hinckley.

If lcfc actually played fringe 1st team players and a few younger dudes, then they wouldnt have suffered poor attendances.

About a year ago, we played chelsea. i recognised one chelsea player, sullivan, and i only knew of tommy wright on our side.

All fringe 1st team players NEED games. Get them playing, and people will come. youngsters will come and watch. Youngsters our city`s future.

We could name 2 teams now.

Bloody hinckley :rolleyes:

Hey lads, get some experience, got to hinckley, learn about the hinckley roar :rolleyes:

surely our future should get comfortable with filbert way?

No need to knock Hinckley. Apart from City they've far and away the best set-up in Leicestershire. They've got a brand new ground, they had a great run in the FA Cup last year, they've got enthusiasm, a decent team, they've come a long way in a few years and City are showing some sense in taking their "product" out into the sticks where they might win over some new supporters.

If they're mainly under 21 and playing in the Reserves the City lads'll be excited wherever they play - or at least they should be.

I shall go and support em, relatively humble surroundings or not.

No need to knock Hinckley. Apart from City they've far and away the best set-up in Leicestershire. They've got a brand new ground, they had a great run in the FA Cup last year, they've got enthusiasm, a decent team, they've come a long way in a few years and City are showing some sense in taking their "product" out into the sticks where they might win over some new supporters.

If they're mainly under 21 and playing in the Reserves the City lads'll be excited wherever they play - or at least they should be.

I shall go and support em, relatively humble surroundings or not.

Hear Hear :) Besides they still sell Pukka pies and that can't be bad and to be fair there are a fair few Foxes fans over this way and better for youngsters to go along and see Leicester than just choose to support a Manure or Chelski.

Sorry Thrach, i dont get it. footballers should wana play on the highest stage possible. With all due respect to Hinckley, filbert way is massively higher.

Were not trying to produce players to play in non league grounds, were supposed to be aiming higher than that.

Its like the saying, aim for a win, and if you dont get it, atleast you`ll get a draw.

By playing at Hinckley, were saying, play for a draw, and if we dont get it, oh well we`ll be losers.

Be honest, where would you rather play, and why?

Yes but surely playing in front of 1,500 people in a 4,000 capacity stadium is better than 2,000 in a 32,000 seater stadium. Arsenal and other big teams all play at smaller non-league grounds as it brings the action to different people. It's within walking distance from 1 town and 2 villages, Hinckley, Barwell and Earl Shilton as well as being on the A47. Thse players should bust a gut regardless as to whether at Filbert Way or Hinckley. It's certainly better than Kettering, only 20 minutes from Leicester and the smaller ground probably gives managers better chance to look at these players. Is Levein attending tonight?

Yes but surely playing in front of 1,500 people in a 4,000 capacity stadium is better than 2,000 in a 32,000 seater stadium. Arsenal and other big teams all play at smaller non-league grounds as it brings the action to different people. It's within walking distance from 1 town and 2 villages, Hinckley, Barwell and Earl Shilton as well as being on the A47. Thse players should bust a gut regardless as to whether at Filbert Way or Hinckley. It's certainly better than Kettering, only 20 minutes from Leicester and the smaller ground probably gives managers better chance to look at these players. Is Levein attending tonight?

Possibly, i slightly agree with that, atmosphere is important. Hold on a minute, "1,500"? Never, cant get that at Filbert way. Your having a larf surely? What was the last attendence?

What about people living in oakham, loughboro etc? Dont they get a chance to see the reserves? Even the city of Leicester. Im not travelling 15 miles to see the reserves, in a non league ground with no roof?

This is a problem, football clubs used to be a local thing, now its a 1 hr bus journey there and back, or in ya car for half an hour after work etc.

And what about Hinckley FC. If city encourage people to support them, where are the new Hinckley fans? i`d rather watch city reserves than hinckley`s first team.

Archived