Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Reserves Tonight

Possibly, i slightly agree with that, atmosphere is important. Hold on a minute, "1,500"? Never, cant get that at Filbert way. Your having a larf surely? What was the last attendence?

What about people living in oakham, loughboro etc? Dont they get a chance to see the reserves? Even the city of Leicester. Im not travelling 15 miles to see the reserves, in a non league ground with no roof?

This is a problem, football clubs used to be a local thing, now its a 1 hr bus journey there and back, or in ya car for half an hour after work etc.

And what about Hinckley FC. If city encourage people to support them, where are the new Hinckley fans? i`d rather watch city reserves than hinckley`s first team.

I can only presume they use Hinckley as facilities are second only to Filbert Way in Leicestershire. I've had a guided tour of ground and it has football league style facilities with full size dressing rooms etc. And the stadium does have a roof and has even held an under 17 European Champ match in summer. Don't knock the ground until you've visited it and nowt wrong with non league football, it's played with passion and the standard of footie is comparable to prem reserve league.

Chambo's In!! Anyone know whether he'll be starting up front, cos if he is, he'll be playing with Iain Hume!

Looks like it. Unless King (trialist?) is a striker, or Hamill is being played up front, then Chambo should be up front with Hume yes :)

Lush, your talking aload of bollocks. Playing a reserve match at The Walkers would be like playing in a graveyard. I guarantee that the highest attendance we'd get for a reserve game down filbert way would be 3000. The ground have said they make a loss when they hold reserve games at the walkers, don't ask me why but that's what they've said.

I can't imagine that just because the youngsters playing at a lower capacity ground would be a hinderance to their career. Infact I bet they quite enjoy it, the atmosphere will be alot better than a few whistles and screams at the walkers.

Youth team games are played infront of 100 people on a training pitch, should these be moved to wembley because it's sending out the wrong signal?

I find your comments on this absurd.

Arsenal reserves play at Barnet

Chelsea reserves play at Aldershot

Man Utd reserves play at Hyde

I can't be arsed finding out anymore. But the top teams do it, their youngsters haven't had a problem making the grade in the past.

It's a good positive move.

Lush, your talking aload of bollocks. Playing a reserve match at The Walkers would be like playing in a graveyard. I guarantee that the highest attendance we'd get for a reserve game down filbert way would be 3000. The ground have said they make a loss when they hold reserve games at the walkers, don't ask me why but that's what they've said.

I can't imagine that just because the youngsters playing at a lower capacity ground would be a hinderance to their career. Infact I bet they quite enjoy it, the atmosphere will be alot better than a few whistles and screams at the walkers.

Youth team games are played infront of 100 people on a training pitch, should these be moved to wembley because it's sending out the wrong signal?

I find your comments on this absurd.

Glad someone agrees with me and hope it's a good match and attendance tonight, shame the clouds appear to be rolling over Hinckley way. Oh well it's dry in the terraces or main stand though...and in the bar pre-match and half time. To anyone that hasn't been to Marston's before the stewards usually give you a plastic pass to leave the main ground at halftime to re-enter the bar.

i want to see hamill in the first 11 in place of sylla. he has been doing great for the reserves and id he is great again tonight then surley CL will have 2 play him on saturday.

gd luck to chambo, how old is he now anyway?

I can only presume they use Hinckley as facilities are second only to Filbert Way in Leicestershire. I've had a guided tour of ground and it has football league style facilities with full size dressing rooms etc. And the stadium does have a roof and has even held an under 17 European Champ match in summer. Don't knock the ground until you've visited it and nowt wrong with non league football, it's played with passion and the standard of footie is comparable to prem reserve league.

"1,500"? Never, cant get that at Filbert way. Your having a larf surely? What was the last attendence?

What about people living in oakham, loughboro etc? Dont they get a chance to see the reserves? Even the city of Leicester.

Did you say non league is equivalent to prem reserves? Come on, thats silly darth.

Theres no need to be nasty mate.

They make a loss, because 2 to 300 turned up, and most of them got in for free. Im not surprised, they dont play fringe 1st teamers. I do agree about the atmosphere, but as thos hinckley pics show, theres hardly surround sound. It be less than oxford pre season, and that were dull.

I say let them get used to playing infront of hundreds at filbert way. scenario, they play loads at hinckley, then they play at walkers, and feel the nerves.

Play them at walkers now, and they get a feel for it, and dont suffer as much nerves.

Sorry Thrach, i dont get it. footballers should wana play on the highest stage possible. With all due respect to Hinckley, filbert way is massively higher.

Were not trying to produce players to play in non league grounds, were supposed to be aiming higher than that.

Its like the saying, aim for a win, and if you dont get it, atleast you`ll get a draw.

By playing at Hinckley, were saying, play for a draw, and if we dont get it, oh well we`ll be losers.

Be honest, where would you rather play, and why?

As I recall Brentford had to play at Hinckley last year, Leicester got a good hiding at Wycombe not so long

ago and there are any number of similiar illustrations which say that's its good for young professionals to get well used to playing anywhere.

I'll certainly be honest about where I'd like to play...

If I were asked to play for Leicester I wouldn't care if it were on Viccy Park. Nearest I ever got was the Filbert Street car park.

Of course places like Old Trafford and Anfield would be a thrill but I remember playing at much less illustrious places like Grimsby, S****horpe and Hereford and, believe me it was still a thrill, especially for a teenager as I was at the time.

Theres no need to be nasty mate.

They make a loss, because 2 to 300 turned up, and most of them got in for free. Im not surprised, they dont play fringe 1st teamers. I do agree about the atmosphere, but as thos hinckley pics show, theres hardly surround sound. It be less than oxford pre season, and that were dull.

I say let them get used to playing infront of hundreds at filbert way. scenario, they play loads at hinckley, then they play at walkers, and feel the nerves.

Play them at walkers now, and they get a feel for it, and dont suffer as much nerves.

I always found the bigger the occasion, the bigger the crowd, the easier it was to play well, in any sport. If they can play well in the sticks they'll find it a doddle under the big spotlights.

As I recall Brentford had to play at Hinckley last year, Leicester got a good hiding at Wycombe not so long

ago and there are any number of similiar illustrations which say that's its good for young professionals to get well used to playing anywhere.

I'll certainly be honest about where I'd like to play...

If I were asked to play for Leicester I wouldn't care if it were on Viccy Park. Nearest I ever got was the Filbert Street car park.

It was fa cup. the last time i saw city play at wycombe, was after walshie blasted derby out the play-offs, and we played them on a monday night, won 1-0. Hell of a journey home.

But you`d prefer to play where, hinckley or filbert way?

I always found the bigger the occasion, the bigger the crowd, the easier it was to play well, in any sport. If they can play well in the sticks they'll find it a doddle under the big spotlights.

Thats a good point, i take that onboard.

Iain Hume got 60 minutes of action under his belt as the reserves went down 2-0 to Crystal Palace at the Marston's Stadium on Tuesday evening.

The £750,000 signing from Tranmere put in a confident performance in the Leicester attack alongside England Schoolboy international Ashley Chambers.

Full report from the game to follow......

Archived