Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bagworthblue

FFS Support our club - support our manager

What would it be like if we weren't 3rd in the table. Like people say it is a forum and everybody has their own opinion. Like it or not Nigel Pearson has gone and Claudio Ranieri has replaced him and seems to be on a hiding to nothing with some. The first half was poor a disallowed goal and an injury to Mahrez didn't help but we needed to change and we did, we got a point away from home against a very hungry newly promoted team coming from a big win at West Ham.

The manager has only been here a few weeks and we still haven't had the transfer window close yet so I still have little reason not to be impressed with how things have been carried on from the end of last season. We had plenty of games at the start of last season when we didn't get it right, we probably didn't get it right till March so a poor first half against Bournemouth hardly warrants all the concern. The squad is much stronger than last year and the likes of Inler and Kante have not found their feet yet.

I'm with you on that one...   don't forget we have lost Cambo and James from last season and still we are 3rd in the table ....   like you said the new boys have still to find their feet, which they will do in time.

Has been a really strange start to the season for many teams with many still jiggling around with their squads trying to bring in new players before the transfer window closes ( think me may still bring in some ourselves). So our good start really helps, pace really looks like a major weapon and we have plenty of it also hear a lot of  experts saying breaking down attacks and counter attacking at pace will be a potent weapon and in Kante we have unearthed a gem.

Would like to see Schlupp playing more as a wing back than a left back and it does not matter who you are playing no opponent will fancy facing our attacking options

And anyone who thinks that the line up we started with yesterday is worth persevering with knows nothing about football. It was dreadful and rightly changed at half time. And there was no excuse for it in the first place.

Jut accept that. If you can't see the tactics were poor, you're an idiot. Just don't bother.

The thread was aimed not at those who challenged the game plan or the tactics in a constructive manner, but those who were making comments that Ranieri ... true to form' had changed things just for the sake of it, was tinkering needlessly and 'starting to show his true colours, some references to ' It's Peter Taylor all over again etc' . My annoyance was that after a great start, one poor game and the negative brigade shot out the blocks gleefully typing what they had been dying to type since the guy was appointed. I wasn't attacking people who offered genuine well reasoned critique.

Hey - jury is out with me - All my research tells me Ranieri will be a success but it's too early to judge him either way and it may all end in tears - who knows?  - so far, so good for me though.

and ..... The 'tactics' weren't poor, they just didn't work. Why they didn't work is down to many reasons and there may be occasions it is correct to persevere with them again. Given the personnel we have, personally I'd opt for keeping 2 up top and reverting to 3 at the back as a preference - I may be a licensed coach but i'm certainly not Pro A so Mr R knows much better than me. What was he thinking?..... bolstering the central midfield with an extra man who last season completed more tackles than anyone in europe to try to increase possession, enable your wide players more freedom when your wide players just happen to be the in form Albrighton and Mahrez is not poor tactics. The system when operated correctly sees 2 men up front when attacking (Vardy+CM or Vardy +MA or Vardy + Riyad depending on the angle of attack)  and 5 in midfield when defending.  - it just didn't work, we were too deep or too wide at the wrong times meaning Vardy was isolated. Maybe it didn't work because too many had poor games, maybe because Bournmouth were full of confidence, or maybe because more work on the system in the training ground is needed. don't forget we played the first 45 with Mahrez virtually a passenger.

However, you cannot say the tactics were poor - it's just not that simple

Formation and who plays in that formation is only one element of many aspects which combined together = tactics. 

You'll get moaners whenever we don't win and whilst I agree with your main point, I doubt he was driving force behind Kante coming here. He'd been linked for a long long time.

wasn't suggesting he signed Kante - just that he decided as one of the players at his disposal to play him in a 3 this week based on what he has seen and Kante's prior record  :)

And we're not likely to score two goals or more with some poor sod running his heart out up front with no friends in sight. Especially when it's hot.  

We seemed to have figured all this out once - and with singular success - so why dig up the allotment and start afresh? Why not improve what already works? 

Regardless of the heat, one up front has not worked out too well. Agree, we need to get better at what we do best and right now that's a fast paced attack, putting the opposition on alert for the counter. We need balance of formation to play the way we do best and one up front does not give us that.

I'm guessing by your reaction your one of them bullies. If so expect the club to be in contact. End of the day if fans sit or stand where there ticket tells them to then there would be no argument . Regardless of how the woman reacted or raised her voice a group of men should not verbally attack and try to physically attack any woman

Unfortunately for you I wasn't; I was watching from afar as she continued to exacerbate the situatuion by crying off to the stewards (like they were going to do anything while the match is going on) instead of rationally talking about it. By all accounts the word rational does not enter that woman's dictionary, so I won't be surprised if she's involved in something like this again.

I'm sure if any of them had tried to "physically attack" her as you so claim then her friendly-looking boyfriend would've actually done something, rather than stare at the pitch looking oh so innocent.

Agree with the OP. I think he got his tactics wrong but people shouldn't forget that he's still learning this squad, and are I say it, league. He's been out of it long enough. We got away with it this time and I'd still say it was two points dropped but I was impressed by how quickly he rectified it. I think he's got more about him tactically than Pearson.

My cousin met Ranieri in Gelato Village after the game and Ranieri told him that it was a mistake going 4-5-1.

At the end of the day you dont know whether a formation will work unless you try it out. We tried and it didnt work and we still got a good point away from home.

Archived