Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rossporterlc

Disappointing albums

albums you bought from bands you liked and then was disapoointed, hopfully could act as a warning to people thinking of buying them

Nickelback - the long road

they're planning to release a new one soon so i know this is a bit old but i was very disappointed with it, i liked silver side up but this album bored me to death, hasn't been played much

Lostprophets - Start something

love the fake sound of progress, brilliant album, start something is just less inspiring, bought it because i liked the fake sound of progress and thought burn burn was a good track, a couple of good songs do not make up for the rest of the album though

The Bands 05 (compilation)

looks good on the ads, how many of the bands on the album are still making music in 05 though? yet they bought out a second one, confused me!

Coldplay - X & Y

liked by many, but i really hated it. managed to get through 2 songs before i decided to press stop.

50 Cent - Massacre

After the decent debut album, Get Rich or Die tryin this album was crap. It was rushed and obviously lacked the same production levels. A new producer was brought in after 50 got jealous that the Game was selling more records and Dre was concentrating on him.

albums you bought from bands you liked and then was disapoointed, hopfully could act as a warning to people thinking of buying them

Nickelback - the long road

they're planning to release a new one soon so i know this is a bit old but i was very disappointed with it, i liked silver side up but this album bored me to death, hasn't been played much

Lostprophets - Start something

love the fake sound of progress, brilliant album, start something is just less inspiring, bought it because i liked the fake sound of progress and thought burn burn was a good track, a couple of good songs do not make up for the rest of the album though

The Bands 05 (compilation)

looks good on the ads, how many of the bands on the album are still making music in 05 though? yet they bought out a second one, confused me!

Coldplay - X & Y

liked by many, but i really hated it. managed to get through 2 songs before i decided to press stop.

I'll agree with the Nickelback one- twas incredibly poor. As For Lost Prophets 'Start Something'- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that was a wicked album! :whistle:

Most disappointing albums for me: Smashing Pumpkins 'Mellon collie and the Infinite Sadness', New Radicals- 'Maybe You've been Brainwashed too', Ocean colour Scene- 'The Moseley Shoals'

I know what you mean, although, probably like you, i bought them all. The new one is very good though. Don't you like that? I was very happily suprised.

Not yet. I'm kind of scared of getting duped again, if you see what I mean.

There are quite a few so i'll just mention a few of the most recent releases

Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness

Last album was perfection so this is probably why i'm most dissapointed by it. It just doesn't have enough variety in the songs, considering there is 15 of them.

Funeral For a Friend - Hours

Not so much a dissapointment but i expected a lot more from it. Their first single off this album, Streetcar, was great, certainly a few other highlights on the album but they seem to have toned it down a lot to appeal to radio listeners which is fair enough. They are better than this though as shown in their earlier releases.

Yesterday's Rising - Lightworker

As "When We Speak, We Breathe" was my favourite EP of last year, again i expected a lot from this album. But this album turned out to be totally unoriginal and boring :devil::devil:

franz ferdinand for me

i loved take me out when i first heard it

but the album just seemed anything they could think of to stick with take me out and sell it as an album

just carp now ;)

Same here, very disappointed with Franz Ferdinand :thumbdown:

Currently The White Stripes new album, I have only gave it one listen so it may grow on me but I listen to it Sunday and I could listen to it, I'm even considering taking it back (Make some poor excuse up :unsure::whistle:)

Radiohead - Kid A/Amnesiac

Hahaha! Kid A and Amnesiac were atonishingly good responses to OK Computer, I am so glad they didn't try and replicate it and in many ways I think in Kid A they produced and albumt hat in time will be seen as equally significent.

The Coral's invisible Invasion was dissapointign for me this year. I keep waiting for them to write a great album and they keep failing me and this album actually was a regresion fromt heir first two.

Obviously all the Oasis albums after Whats the Story have been shite and no I am not wasting my money on the new one.

Room on Fire was excellent but I wanted something brilliant form The Strokes after the cool, but insencere, Is This It.

Hahaha! Kid A and Amnesiac were atonishingly good responses to OK Computer, I am so glad they didn't try and replicate it and in many ways I think in Kid A they produced and albumt hat in time will be seen as equally significent.

Pseudo-Intellectual clap-trap!

:P

Seriously, just couldn't be bothered with those two Radiohead albums.

There are quite a few so i'll just mention a few of the most recent releases

Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness

Last album was perfection so this is probably why i'm most dissapointed by it. It just doesn't have enough variety in the songs, considering there is 15 of them.

Funeral For a Friend - Hours

Not so much a dissapointment but i expected a lot more from it. Their first single off this album, Streetcar, was great, certainly a few other highlights on the album but they seem to have toned it down a lot to appeal to radio listeners which is fair enough. They are better than this though as shown in their earlier releases.

Yesterday's Rising - Lightworker

As "When We Speak, We Breathe" was my favourite EP of last year, again i expected a lot from this album. But this album turned out to be totally unoriginal and boring :devil::devil:

i'm not a massive fan of streetcar, but monsters is a great song

Unfortunately that's the worst song i've heard from them. They are releasing History as their next single, i have a feeling they are going to be huge after people start hearing that song.

I wouldn't be suprised.

As you may know, I'm not their biggest fan (meaning I think they're a bit pants) but I do like History.

It's the only song I do like, I imagine it could appeal to the masses.

Ah, I know a dissapointing album!!

The Killers - Hot Fuss.

I saw the Killers about 8 months (November 2003) before Hot Fuss was released, and about 3 months before they released Somebody Told Me for the first time (when they started to get noticed) and they were awesome, I had the very first Mr Brightside single (before it was re-recorded and re-released about the same time as the album came out) which came out September 2003, and when I bought Somebody Told Me I was really excited about the album, the B-Sides to those two singles were excellent (On Top, Smile Like You Mean It, Who Let You Go on Mr Brightside Original and The Ballad Of Michael Valentine and Under the Gun on Somebody Told Me), but then it was almost as if they'd rushed the album to get it out in all the hype, re-recording the B-sides that featured, resulting an a pretty bland and boring album which geos severly downhill after the first track, with poorer versions of the original B-Sides.

Archived