Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIRMAN

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~710922,00.html

What an honest man to have as our chairman.

Very well said I'm fully behind him in his actions and statements.....

PAT ON the BACK..

This Thread is NOT I REPEAT NOT for people to have a go at him, read it it makes sense and realise we havent got KEN BATES and get fully behind him.

Tim well said.

Fair play, ive only met Tim once but hes seems like a genuinely nice bloke and above all a Leicester fan! However FOX I dont need to be shouted at and dictated to ok :D

Sorry chick! but some people will have a go I guarantee it, just making it load n clear not on this thread and im not neither is tim a dictator....!

Now sit in your £27 pound seat clap along and no chanting...no standing and make sure you buy all 3 kits before the game! OK!

:thumbup::englandsmile4wf:

lol

Sorry chick! but some people will have a go I guarantee it, just making it load n clear not on this thread and im not neither is tim a dictator....!

Now sit in your £27 pound seat clap along and no chanting...no standing and make sure you buy all 3 kits before the game! OK!

:thumbup::englandsmile4wf:

lol

I didnt say Tim was! Lets face it Tim is no Paul Mace is he and for that he must be applauded :clap2:

Good stuff Tim, I think looking at those graphs it shows that we aren't ridiculously over pricing our fans for tickets comoared to other teams. It's perhaps a problem all fans of teams are facing because of how much it costs to buy decent players and pay their wages. I'd much rather pay the amount i'm paying at the minute and see the players we've got than pay less and see some really shocking players because the club can't afford to buy decent ones.

It's a very interesting read. You don't get many chief executives taking time out to write an article like that. Also, you don't get many who are prepared to meet you face to face to discuss any issues.

I think we're lucky to have a genuine Leicester fan that high up within the club.

Agree with you all about the chief executive - he's like a breath of fresh air.

Agree with him and most of the people on this forum that we've got a belting manager and we're starting to put a team together that'll put the pride back in our club.

Accept that the charts show we're more than competitive on our prices and that the additional initiatives are all positive and of some merit.

Am still concerned about the empty seats, although winning more often would soon help solve the problem.

Agree with you all about the chief executive - he's like a breath of fresh air.

Agree with him and most of the people on this forum that we've got a belting manager and we're starting to put a team together that'll put the pride back in our club.

Accept that the charts show we're more than competitive on our prices and that the additional initiatives are all positive and of some merit.

Am still concerned about the empty seats, although winning more often would soon help solve the problem.

I think it's as simple as that.

I think the season starting so early this year has also had a detrimental effect.

Not really anything new is it though?

It sounds a bit like a summary... for people who have not kept up-to-date with everything.

May be useful in case someone missed a few announcements here and there?

( i.e. Not for you, Louise :P - we know that, you could have easily written this article. Or perhaps you did? :P )

As to the tone of "I am listening to you guys and taking into consideration what you say" - it is indeed a warm, personal-feeling touch of direct communication with each of us as fans.

I like what he's said and respect him for it. As Scowy says it's nice to have somebody that is open and wants to listen to fans.

However, I am not sure about how correct the graph is regarding the Standard Adult match day ticket price. From the graph Leicester's standard match day ticket is £17 - but that's taking into account the membership discount and the cheapest tickets (in the kop or bmibaby stand). And that's also presuming that members get £5 off match day ticket prices for each game - when in reality (well from the club's own literature), membership entitles you to between £2-5 off a ticket price.

So, for example, a member could still end up paying a maximum of £27 for a match day ticket for a Grade B game (£29 for a ticket in West Stand - Centre A2, B1, B2, B3, C1, minus £2 for membership discount).

I like what he's said and respect him for it. As Scowy says it's nice to have somebody that is open and wants to listen to fans.

However, I am not sure about how correct the graph is regarding the Standard Adult match day ticket price. From the graph Leicester's standard match day ticket is £17 - but that's taking into account the membership discount and the cheapest tickets (in the kop or bmibaby stand). And that's also presuming that members get £5 off match day ticket prices for each game - when in reality (well from the club's own literature), membership entitles you to between £2-5 off a ticket price.

So, for example, a member could still end up paying a maximum of £27 for a match day ticket for a Grade B game (£29 for a ticket in West Stand - Centre A2, B1, B2, B3, C1, minus £2 for membership discount).

The data is based on cheapest ticket prices, as I understand it. If someone feels ripped off by sitting in the West Stand, I would suggest them next time using one of the empty seats in the West Stand wings, which is the same price as the Kop.

Tim Davies is a nice bloke there is no question and it is good he has tried to explain to us the pricing policy.

However, I really do not care whether what the likes of Southampton and Palace charge to get in and watch a game. I'm not going to go there and neither are the people that are staying away from the games at the minute.

Sadly our BoD were a touch cocky when planning ahead for this season, and, clearly they are not tuned in to the fact that football fans are no longer prepared to pay top dollar for mediocrity and be treated so shabbily on a matchday. The over paid ponces that masquarade as the England team have further reinforced the growing opinion that football is not what it once was.

We do not have to charge comparative prices as Stoke or Crewe, we should be charging prices that fill the stadium.

At least he has tried to explain, but to be honest it doesn't wash with me.

Whatever the ticket prices, some people will never be happy.

Plus, if the team doesn't perform, then it doesn't matter how cheap tickets are, people just won't be interested in investing the time in going to games.

If we were already clear at the top of the table, playing attractive football, and ticket prices were so low demand outstripped supply, no doubt people would be complaining that City should be cashing in on their success bearing in mind our predicament a few years ago.

Actually, they probably wouldn't as long as they had a ticket.

Whatever the ticket prices, some people will never be happy.

Plus, if the team doesn't perform, then it doesn't matter how cheap tickets are, people just won't be interested in investing the time in going to games.

If we were already clear at the top of the table, playing attractive football, and ticket prices were so low demand outstripped supply, no doubt people would be complaining that City should be cashing in on their success bearing in mind our predicament a few years ago.

Actually, they probably wouldn't as long as they had a ticket.

Well said Chuck!

Sounds to me like standard graphs... always a bit misleading :P

Glad to see you can read your graphs properly! :)

The data is based on cheapest ticket prices, as I understand it. If someone feels ripped off by sitting in the West Stand, I would suggest them next time using one of the empty seats in the West Stand wings, which is the same price as the Kop.

If it's based on the cheapest tickets (as looks like the case) then the graph is misleading - it should say the cheapest adult ticket prices rather than 'standard adult price'.

I know I'm being fussy but that graph doesn't reflect the reality and any Joe Public would think that the standard/average price to watch LCFC is £17 - when it clearly isn't. :ph34r:

If it's based on the cheapest tickets (as looks like the case) then the graph is misleading - it should say the cheapest adult ticket prices rather than 'standard adult price'.

I know I'm being fussy but that graph doesn't reflect the reality and any Joe Public would think that the standard/average price to watch LCFC is £17 - when it clearly isn't. :ph34r:

I wouldn't be surprised if Mace had been consulted on this bit of spin. Choose our cheapest prices, with member discount and put them next to the standard prices for other clubs and it looks great.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mace had been consulted on this bit of spin. Choose our cheapest prices, with member discount and put them next to the standard prices for other clubs and it looks great.

There is nothing wrong with including the members discount. All that assumes is that the 'casual' supporter will summon up enough motivation to attend 3 out of 23 games. If they are going to attend 3 games or greater it makes economic sense to become a member. That isn't too rash an assumption.

It's hardly a fair comparison though is it? Maybe other teams have 'member discounts' or the like and yet that isn't included in the graphs.

Not aware of other clubs members discounts, but we are carrying out our own research on the match day prices topic via other Trusts, so can comment further in the weeks ahead

Archived