Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Good-Hume-or-what?

I said after the reserves game you'd like Humey and although it was only a 15 minute cameo it was enough to add a breath of fresh air to what had become a pretty stale second half.

I also think he could score a bigger ratio of goals than he's been getting up to date if the coaches look at his technique cos I noticed Wednesday (both in warm-up and in the match), again today in warm up and the match that he has such fast feet and tries to hit the ball so hard than he loses a bit of balance and drags his right foot across the ball instead of following through more and shooting in a slightly slower and more relaxed manner, rather like driving a golf ball.

It's important because he manouvred wonderful positions and might have scored twice today and should have scored at least once on Wednesday from a similar sort of break.

I know, someone will complain I'm being critical but he might as well try to correct the problem cos he's such a great little player.

Anyway, on to Alan Sheehan. I said earlier when someone on the forum picked him in his preferred team that he "seemed to have fallen off the podium". Well today he clearly climbed back.

First half he was a bit nervy, lost his man once and was a bit iffy on his distribution. Second half he was arguably the best player on the park. He didn't miss a pass, didn't miss a tackle, showed he has a deft and cultured left foot and even took a good corner and demanded an attacking free-kick.

Certainly he made his contribution to a much steadier City defence where Dion was immense both in his positional play, his control and his organisation of everyone around.

Sheehan continually watched his skipper for back-line instructions with the result that Sheffield were restricted to two, perhaps three realistic chances by a line that looked very solid.

Kisnorbo too was impressive when he came on, playing simple passes very accurately and effectively.

I just wished City hadn't turned off so much during the second half and conceded some of the initiative. Momo, who played okay in the first half, seemed particularly laid back when he thought the job done which is one reason why it was such a lift for the crowd when Hume came on.

Some may think he was like a will-o-the-wisp cos he was only on for a short time but, believe me, that's the way he carries on. He must be made of Duracell!

Nice too to see Douglas make such an outstanding save at an important time (there was only one little lapse in the wet conditions but that can be forgiven) and Hughes clearly added some quality to the midfield... being another one with boundless energy.

Be interesting now to see if Levein sticks with the back line as it is - having kep a rare clean sheet - or whether he changes it again for the more sterner tests of Cardiff City and Wolves.

Whatever, it was wonderful to celebrate three welcome points and the resumption of what is becoming a much better run of decent home results.

Keep it up lads.

I said after the reserves game you'd like Humey and although it was only a 15 minute cameo it was enough to add a breath of fresh air to what had become a pretty stale second half.

I also think he could score a bigger ratio of goals than he's been getting up to date if the coaches look at his technique cos I noticed Wednesday (both in warm-up and in the match), again today in warm up and the match that he has such fast feet and tries to hit the ball so hard than he loses a bit of balance and drags his right foot across the ball instead of following through more and shooting in a slightly slower and more relaxed manner, rather like driving a golf ball.

It's important because he manouvred wonderful positions and might have scored twice today and should have scored at least once on Wednesday from a similar sort of break.

I know, someone will complain I'm being critical but he might as well try to correct the problem cos he's such a great little player.

Anyway, on to Alan Sheehan. I said earlier when someone on the forum picked him in his preferred team that he "seemed to have fallen off the podium". Well today he clearly climbed back.

First half he was a bit nervy, lost his man once and was a bit iffy on his distribution. Second half he was arguably the best player on the park. He didn't miss a pass, didn't miss a tackle, showed he has a deft and cultured left foot and even took a good corner and demanded an attacking free-kick.

Certainly he made his contribution to a much steadier City defence where Dion was immense both in his positional play, his control and his organisation of everyone around.

Sheehan continually watched his skipper for back-line instructions with the result that Sheffield were restricted to two, perhaps three realistic chances by a line that looked very solid.

Kisnorbo too was impressive when he came on, playing simple passes very accurately and effectively.

I just wished City hadn't turned off so much during the second half and conceded some of the initiative. Momo, who played okay in the first half, seemed particularly laid back when he thought the job done which is one reason why it was such a lift for the crowd when Hume came on.

Some may think he was like a will-o-the-wisp cos he was only on for a short time but, believe me, that's the way he carries on. He must be made of Duracell!

Nice too to see Douglas make such an outstanding save at an important time (there was only one little lapse in the wet conditions but that can be forgiven) and Hughes clearly added some quality to the midfield... being another one with boundless energy.

Be interesting now to see if Levein sticks with the back line as it is - having kep a rare clean sheet - or whether he changes it again for the more sterner tests of Cardiff City and Wolves.

Whatever, it was wonderful to celebrate three welcome points and the resumption of what is becoming a much better run of decent home results.

Keep it up lads.

Hopr CL has heard of the term "don't fix it if it isn't broken"

Well said Thracian everything you siad was spot on.

Keep it up lads.

Thrachian, you write like a singing bird, you make sense like a solid judge.

Archived