Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nationwider

Williams to miss Wolves

Linkage

Goodbye grey sky, hello blue.

There's nothing can hold me when I hold you.

Feels so right, it can't be wrong.

Rockin' and rollin' all week long.

These days are all,

Happy and Free. (Those Happy Days)

These days are all, Share them with me. (oh baby)

These Happy Days are your's and mine.

These Happy Days are your's and mine, Happy Days.

The quotes from Levein in this article are interesting ones...

Williams forced to miss Wolves clash

Leicester City midfielder Gareth Williams will miss Saturday's trip to Wolves.

Williams, who was withdrawn from Tuesday's 1-0 defeat at Cardiff on the hour mark, is out with a hamstring injury.

It will be the first match that the 23-year-old has missed this season, having started every game alongside Joey Gudjonsson in the centre of midfield.

Manager Craig Levein said: "Williams will be out on Saturday. He had a strain in his hamstring and will miss the game against Wolves. I don't know after that. There are one or two other knocks from the Cardiff game but I don't expect anybody else who was involved to be missing."

Levein said Williams's absence at Molineux was a blow, but that it provided an opportunity for another player.

"He will be missed but it's not the end of the world," said Levein. "If we had won the first six or seven games it would be a major blow but we are still searching for the solidity that's going to bring us results.

"It will give someone else an opportunity. Whoever gets that and does well will have the chance to stay in the team."

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?b...6269754|p|536|0

First Levein hints that he's not been too happy with Williams's performances by saying how we've not won too many with him in the centre. Then he says that whoever replaces Williams, presumably Hughes, will have a chance to stay in the team in that position, indicating that Williams is going to have to fight for his place more than he's done before.

I think you'll find though that in general, what Levein says and then what he does, are two entirely different thinks. Not sure he's got in straight in his head what shape, personnel and tactics to employ.

Anyway, this forced re-jig might work to our advantage, or course if it does bring a good result, Levein will change EVERYTHING for the following game.

I think the Williams injury is genuine - it just disguises the fact that he would have been dropped on Saturday anyway and the hamstring is probably a relief to Craig.

Whether he ever gets back to being first choice remains to be seen. Me I doubt it, but it depends to some extent on his attitude and willingness to improve.

Archived