Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gurru991

Anyone Still Listening To Family.

New Leicester City Fans Song Coming Soon Babycamp Records

Babycamp Records will be releasing song Fearless and music video from the Leicester City fans on the 2nd May 16 for more info please check out 

https://www.facebook.com/songfearless 

https://www.twitter.com/songfearless 

https://www.youtube.com/babycamprecords

The song is available on pre-order now on iTunes

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fearless-single/id1097867678

Support the team and lets get it in the charts thank you.

Definitely!

I absoloutely love 'em. I remember buying an orginal copy of 'Music in a dolls house' from a second hand book shop in the Silver arcade (the one with that had loads of old City programmes for sale in there. One of the great debut albums -  Great band!

Yeah...I have a stack of their albums on vynil. Some of the stuff sounds a bit dated but a lot of it holds up really well. I saw Chappo and his band a few years back; excellent. Didn't make the reunion shows but my brother did and he reckoned they were still cooking on gas

Yes! They are one of the most interesting and unique groups ever. I actually think they got better-tighter musically and more willing to take risks-when Palmer and Weider (later Wetton) joined, I thought they were just a brilliant band throughout almost their entire career.

• 1 year later...
On 3/26/2016 at 03:13, gurru991 said:

Family are one of the main bands I grew up listening to. Being a Leicester based band I got to see them live a few time. Nobody could belt it out like Roger Chapman.

My old man had two separate rumbles with Roger Chapman in the Pally that he seems particularly proud of.

Always liked 'My Friend the Sun'. myself

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

My old man had two separate rumbles with Roger Chapman in the Pally that he seems particularly proud of.

Always liked 'My Friend the Sun'. myself

Roger Chapman was quite "The Lad" by all accounts.

33 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Roger Chapman was quite "The Lad" by all accounts.

My old man knocked around in a gang with Malcolm Allured, later the drummer with Showaddywaddy. I liked a bit of a punch up when I was a youngster and on the stoopid juice but their tales of knuckle dusters and general chicanery is way beyond anything I ever got up to.

Just now, Max Wall said:

My old man knocked around in a gang with Malcolm Allured, later the drummer with Showaddywaddy. I liked a bit of a punch up when I was a youngster and on the stoopid juice but their tales of knuckle dusters and general chicanery is way beyond anything I ever got up to.

I spent a few Saturday nights at the Pally (Palais de Danse) myself, there were some really tough lads hanging out there in the 60's

Just now, gurru991 said:

I spent a few Saturday nights at the Pally (Palais de Danse) myself, there were some really tough lads hanging out there in the 60's

Yep, no cameras watching you in those days. A tougher time for sure.

• 1 month later...

I used to have all their albums and played them regularly on my radio show (prog based) but after leaving the area and the station 10 years ago I sold over half of my collection. All of the Family albums went off to a collector in Italy.

• 2 months later...

First band I saw live at de Montfort hall in 1970 or 71....been to hundreds of gigs since but will always remember this one. Had been listening to them thru You tube for past couple of years reliving my past .....Got a new turntable (record player for the uneducated ) recently as pressie from my daughters so up to the attic to dig out and dust down my vinyl collection which included Anyway and Bandstand.....2 great albums....Good News Bad News one of the best opening tracks on any LP.....Burlesque with its funky rhythm and great lyrics is superb as is My Friend the Sun...brilliant ballad that I want played at my funeral ?

• 1 month later...

Archived