Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Blackpool Match Thread

The officials. :huh::unsure::whistle:;):thumbup:

I have officials news though by now the team must have been handed into the ref.

Code:

Leicester City v Blackpool Referee: Clive Penton (Sussex) Assistant Referees: Stephen Cooke (Nottinghamshire) and Gary Mellor (Yorkshire) Fourth Official: Guy Stretton (Leicestershire)

Chambo is on the bench. :huh::o:D:D;):thumbup:

Four Changes For Foxes

Alan SheehanCraig Levein makes four changes to his starting line up for the Carling Cup second round clash against Blackpool at the Walkers Stadium.

In come Paul Henderson, Richard Stearman, Alan Sheehan (pictured) and Elvis Hammond for Rab Douglas, Alan Maybury, Dion Dublin and Stephen Hughes.

Hughes drops to the bench, while Dublin misses the match with an Achilles injury.

City are expected to line up in a 4-4-2 formation, with Stearman, Paddy McCarthy, Nils-Eric Johansson and Sheehan making up the defence. Momo Sylla, Joey Gudjonsson, Patrick Kisnobo and Joe Hamill play across the middle, with Hammond partnering Mark de Vries in attack.

Youngsters Ashley Chambers has been named on the bench alongside Alan Maybury, Conrad Logan, Jason Wilcox and Hughes. Chambers (15) has represented England at under 17 level and has been a regular for the Leicester reserve side since last March. The striker was on the scoresheet in City's 2-0 second string victory over Watford last week. He has been handed the number 34 shirt.

De Vries is named as captain in the absence of Maybury, Dublin and Danny Tiatto.

Blackpool include former Fox Simon Grayson in their starting line up. Tommy Wright, who is on loan with the Tangerines from Leicester, has not been given permission to play in the time.

City: Henderson, Stearman, McCarthy, Johansson, Sheehan, Sylla, Gudjonsson, Kisnorbo, Hamill, de Vries ©, Hammond.

Subs: Logan, Hughes, Wilcox, Chambers, Maybury.

Levein has basically said that Dodds was his first choice back-up but he's injured which is why Chambo got the shout. And he implied it was very unlikely that Chambo would feature today, so unless de Vries and Hammond get injured or we're 6-0 up I don't think Chambo will get to go out on the pitch. That said, it's a fantastic achievement for him to get onto the bench at 15 years old and he should he happy with that by itself.

BUMPER CROWD TO CHEER THE LADS ON TODAY COME ON YOU BLUES PASS IT AROUND A BIT AND SCORE A GOALS OR TWO!!!

ALL SING WITH ME:

BLACKPOOL ARE A BAD TEAM BUT I LIKE THEIR TOWER QUITE A BIT!

YEAHH

Archived