Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Honest-to-goodness LCFC fan

Managers

welcome.jpg

Off the top of my head

Best - Matt Gillies, Jimmy Bloomfield, Martin O'Neil

Worst - Frank McLintock, David Pleat, Peter Taylor

How's the ESPN Column going?

best (in my so-far short lifetime of 18 and a half years) i would personally say the Martin O'Neill era. starting with the play off final against palace in 1996. it will be hard to beat the achievements he got with this club in my lifetime.

worst is easily Peter Taylor. he destroyed the M-o-N era by splashing the cash sir martin created for the club on over-rated, unproven and fat bastard signings. he ruined us and put us where we are today. lets hope we can send the scum Hull down this year.

welcome.jpg

Off the top of my head

Best - Matt Gillies, Jimmy Bloomfield, Martin O'Neil

Worst - Frank McLintock, David Pleat, Peter Taylor

How's the ESPN Column going?

Muwahaha No one can fool is Kieran!!! David Pleate was the worst manager i can remember im only 21, Taylor close second. Bit of background info for ya,

I've only been around for 1985 and only a Fox since the mid 90s (didn't support anyone before then).

Best: Martin O'Neil by a country mile.

Worst: Taylor.

Taylor started out OK from what I remember - he took control after MON went up north, and seemed to maintain our position reasonably well. Turns out it was just O'Neil's halo lol Then in his first season alone, he totally screwed up - we just sank.

Basset hardly set the world alight with his management skills - though to be fair, he didn't stand a chance; what with being so inept and inheriting the mess that Taylor made.

BEST: Martin O Neil "just superb" (we were demonstrating against the board Vs Sheff Utd Martin not you)

WORST: Peter Taylor

David Pleat is not the worst, why?

because IMO he bought well, good players Newall, Hill, Kelly..... ect ect but he couldnt motivate/tactics whereas Peter Taylor couldnt buy or motivate/tactics and he had money!!!

just a note about Brian Little he did a good job with what he had even if he did like to collect 250k Centre backs. It did go a bit stale but when he took over from Pleat (Caretaker Lee) we were in a mess! so thankyou Brian.

best (in my so-far short lifetime of 18 and a half years) i would personally say the Martin O'Neill era. starting with the play off final against palace in 1996. it will be hard to beat the achievements he got with this club in my lifetime.

worst is easily Peter Taylor. he destroyed the M-o-N era by splashing the cash sir martin created for the club on over-rated, unproven and fat bastard signings. he ruined us and put us where we are today. lets hope we can send the scum Hull down this year.

Matt Gillies was best, but that was way back in the 60's. Leicester had unquestionally the best side they ever had in modern history, probably of all time, and their achievements backed that up.

Martin O'Neil was his only serious rival, working wonders with the players/money he had available and against clubs with vastly greater resources.

Both were awesome. Leicester, under Gillies, played the most entertaining and effective football I've ever watched (at our club) and they had the very best player in David Gibson.

But O'Neil's side were such characters and had such heart and built such a never-say-die Musketeer-type reputation that they were almost the equal of the 60's team in terms of watchability.

Peter Taylor beats Frank McLintock as the worst on the basis of the vast sum of money he squandered to no effect and the sad thing about McLintock is that he was once of Leicester's outstanding players of all time when he played for that great 60's team I mentioned as a wing-half (as they called em).

McLintock, Ian King and Colin Appleton formed the half-back line and were undoubtedly the best City ever had and probably the best in the country at that time.

Archived