Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Gaelic Athletics Association - Irish Sport

21 hours ago, Mayofox said:

I was in Galway this afternoon. Huge excitement,  so many houses/cars with flags. Saw many Mayo reg cars heading south, to join in.

Just hope we can look forward to such scenes in Castlebar.  It may happen one year....

I hope it's this year @Mayofox

getting so many ticket requests it's crazy 

23 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

I hope it's this year @Mayofox

getting so many ticket requests it's crazy 

My brother-in-law lives in Co Wicklow, he's involved in GAA training, consequently always able to get Mayo tickets. He'll be able to get a couple for the final.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of the biggest sporting days on Sunday, the All-Ireland final, between counties Dublin and Mayo.  Mayo last won the "Sam Maguire" back in 1951, however returning home the team didn't stop to pay respects to a funeral. Apparently the Priest there cursed them, saying Mayo wouldn't win another All-Ireland until all the team had died. (There are two still alive).    Since then Mayo have lost in the final 8 times, with 5 of those since 2004. And the last two of those have been against Dublin, and Mayo have only lost by one point both times. A case of 3rd time lucky? The bookies have Dublin 2/5, Mayo at 3/1.

Sky Sports Arena are covering this...should be fun!  Throw in is at 3.30.  Up Mayo!!

• Like 1

On 14/09/2017 at 19:01, Mayofox said:

One of the biggest sporting days on Sunday, the All-Ireland final, between counties Dublin and Mayo.  Mayo last won the "Sam Maguire" back in 1951, however returning home the team didn't stop to pay respects to a funeral. Apparently the Priest there cursed them, saying Mayo wouldn't win another All-Ireland until all the team had died. (There are two still alive).    Since then Mayo have lost in the final 8 times, with 5 of those since 2004. And the last two of those have been against Dublin, and Mayo have only lost by one point both times. A case of 3rd time lucky? The bookies have Dublin 2/5, Mayo at 3/1.

Sky Sports Arena are covering this...should be fun!  Throw in is at 3.30.  Up Mayo!!

The rest of Ireland will be behind you bar the Dubs however I fear they will win as they're probably one of the best teams of all time.

4 hours ago, Mayofox said:

Brother in law has a ticket, in Davin stand. Face value €80. 

Just don't want any more heartbreak tomorrow...

C'mon Mayo!!  Please, this time.....

I hate to go against ye but I reckon Dublin hold too many aces. 

Mayo will meet a stronger full back line and half forward lime than they did in kerry.  The midfield is a little bit more mobile. 

The age profile is heavily against some of your main players. If cooper and o callaghan get the upper hand it's going to be hard to contain Dublin. 

Subs bench Is a little but stronger. 

If ye have a chance it's that yer battlers.I was there in 2011 when ye beat cork in the quarter final and mayo have always performed since. 

Dublin have a lot of class but discipline is something that's a bit of a worry for them. A black card to a defender early on and they could be unsettled. Putting in the tackles and dispossessions early and we'll find out what the dubs are made of. 

Theres a lot of debate about which forwards will start for Dublin but it could unsettle them going into this. Do you go with the lads who got you this far or connolly.

Mayos big failing in finals has been conceding early goals. It simply can't happen tomorrow. 

At the 2012 final I spoke to a few mayo fans before the match who felt they were going to get over the line soon. The moment of truth has arrived on that one.. 

Best of luck. 

Edited by Blue ROI

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

That 2012 final wasnt a great spectacle, the 2 early goals conceded against defensive Donegal killed it as a contest.

It wasn't a bad first half but the 3rd quarter was dire and you could sense it wasn't going to be Mayos day. It was disappointing more so due to people who wanted Mayo to win.

Last year was ok but you'd have to go back to 2008 for the last classic final.

38 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Kerry winning the minor final against Derry. 6-10 to 1-7 after 48 minutes.

David Clifford of Kerry has scored 4 goals. One of the most complete performances you will ever get on All Ireland final day.

Hope Rudkin is watching this lad!!

He is off to Oz after chrustsmas 

Mayo 0-9 Dublin 1-5.Frantic stuff. Mayo will be annoyed not to be further ahead as they've dominated the first half and the ref has made some dodgy calls in favour of Dublin.

That said after the bad start Mayo are still in it. All to play for.

Edited by Blue ROI

So, a single point lead at half time. After that shock start, Mayo are well in this. Wouldn't be surprised to see a red card in the 2nd half.

It's just me watching this. The rest of the family appear into the room occasionally, in response to my shouts!

Up Mayo!!

Edited by Mayofox
  • Like 1