Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Gaelic Athletics Association - Irish Sport

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Caught Monaghan v Cavan on TV. Mad end to it, great comeback from Cavan to take it to Extra Time!

Missed todays game.

That's a disaster for Monaghan. Something like us losing to Newcastle at home.

I've great admiration for them as they have very small resources. The county has a population only 50,000. They have punched above their weight for the last decade but have been in decline since losing the All Ireland Semi Final in 2018.

The Number 15 for Monaghan Conor Mcmanus is a class act. Got their goal today. He did a promo for Eir back in Summer 2016 with Mahrez,

• Like 1

Hurling results from Today.

Waterford beat Cork 1-28 to 1-24. The scoreline flattered Cork. Waterford were miles better. Cork were appaling.

Galway have just beaten Wexford in Leinster 1-27 to 0-17. Wexford almost got to the final last season but they are very overrated on the back of that campaign. On that display you'd have to have Galway as contenders but they have a habit of falling flat on their face after a display for the ages.

2 high profile games in store tomorrow.

Donegal v Tyrone in Ulster Football and Tipp V Limerick in Munster Hurling.

Handy having the foxes on Monday. Be great if it was like this all the way to January!!

Edited by Blue ROI

On 08/11/2020 at 18:58, Blue ROI said:

Cork have beaten Kerry with a goal in the last kick of the game.Kerry out of the Championship. Unbelievable.

Some finish to the match, not convinced he wasnt going for a point and fell short!

As a bitter Antrim man who has very little to celebrate GAA wise, I'm very happy to see Tyrone and Kerry out so early. Just need Dublin to do the same to complete the set though difficult to see that happening.

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Just chilling with a Guinness watching Cork v Tipperary in the hurling. Managed to catch a bit of the football earlier too.

Donegal won handy enough. Was expected. Could be setup to play Dublin in the All Ireland semi final. 

Tipp made hard work of that by the sounds of it.  They've been around for over a decade winning 3 All Irelands but a lot of them are on their last legs.

They are a danger but they'll find it hard to win 3 games in the next 5 weeks. 

Leister hurling final on RTE 2 now. Galway beating Kilkenny 0-13 to 0-12 at half time.

• Like 1

On 14/11/2020 at 16:47, Nalis said:

Some finish to the match, not convinced he wasnt going for a point and fell short!

As a bitter Antrim man who has very little to celebrate GAA wise, I'm very happy to see Tyrone and Kerry out so early. Just need Dublin to do the same to complete the set though difficult to see that happening.

He meant it alright. Wasn't a bad effort but worked out well in the end.

Dublin and Meath tonight. Meath still outsiders but this could be as good as any a time to play the Dubs.

17 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Comprehensive enough win for Waterford in the end. Clares star player picked up an early injury and disrupted them in a big way.

Semi finals next weekend.

Limerick v Galway 

Kilkenny v Waterford 

Although there are outsiders I'd like to see Waterford do it.

Its been shared around a bit since the drive for five / King Henry days but they are probably one of the more consistent countries in the last 10 years not to win it.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Some win for Tipp, pity the fans cant celebrate it.

Oh they'll celebrate this one alright.:D

Colin O RIordan was given permission to play today by Sydney Swans. Had a great game. Summed it up well after.

Donegal leading Cavan 0-9 to 0-7 at half time in Ulster Final.

• Like 1

Cracking entertainment from both hurling and football this weekend....How incredible is it that the football semi final line up of Dublin v Cavan and Mayo v Tipperary is exactly the same as that in 1920....Spooky or what..some of the conspiracy theorists that inhabit Foxestalk will no doubt say FIXED 😜

5 hours ago, irishfoxkev said:

Cracking entertainment from both hurling and football this weekend....How incredible is it that the football semi final line up of Dublin v Cavan and Mayo v Tipperary is exactly the same as that in 1920....Spooky or what..some of the conspiracy theorists that inhabit Foxestalk will no doubt say FIXED 😜

Tipp 33/1 to win it this time around, I'd say their odds to win in 1920 were a hell of a lot shorter!

Edited by Nalis

4 hours ago, irishfoxkev said:

There's been great weekends of matches before but none as memorable as this one.

As a Limerick GAA fan I can remember so many near misses for our footballers from 2000-12. We lost 4 Munster finals in that time and we missed the boat. But even now I met up with some of the players and chat about the great days. There is always great respect from the players because its such a small community.

Thats why I was pleased for Tipp. They probably have a small enough support base and can relate to what it must mean to them.

Would be something extraordinary if Dublin dont win it. Any of the other 3 lifting Sam woud be some story.

6 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Balls. Watched the first half while I was cooking tea then forgot to switch back on after. lol

Rookie mistake. It ain't over till it's over!!

Waterford were magnificent in the second half. Were in the final 3 years ago but had a disastrous run of form in 2018 and 2019. Possibly the worst team in the championship. Incredible turnaround in their fortunes. They'll take beating now. Haven't won it since 1959.

The other semi final involving my own county Limerick and Galway is on at 4. Should be a good one.

Limerick into the final after a hard fought win 0-27 to 0-24.

Not one of the semi final belters of recent years but Limerick were just a bit better.

Horrible injury to Galways start player. Suffered concussion close to the end and went to hospital after.

Limerick and Waterford final for the first time ever on Sunday December 13.

• 2 weeks later...

Dublin and Mayo reached the Football Final last weekend.

A big day for my county Limerick tomorrow. Playing surprise packets Waterford in tomorrows All Ireland Hurling Final.

The excitement is building. We're going for a second title in 3 years. C'Mon Limerick

Edited by Blue ROI