Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

QPR Match Thread

From what i saw of the maybury incident a qpr player went in 2 footed on him and while the qpr player was on the floor maybury kicked him so he deserved to go fo hitting out but a qpr player ran over to maybury and looked like he hit him so he should of been sent of aswell.

Aparantly it was furlong that went in 2 footed

i thought today that we lacked any ideas how to break qpr down . joey ran his heart out but he dosent ever look like opening defences up and he is an ideal partner to a more creative midfielder . kisnorbos passing was atrocious , he has got a good engine but thats about it .for me hughes has to play central midfield purely for his vision and range of passing, sylla seems to be getting worse game by game , he ALWAYS turns away from goal and does a few stupid tricks then gets disposesed .

i know that people want to give levein thier backing but this is his team now and results are getting worse , im afraid that the pressure is on now craig and this is a results buisness

First of all, how come we conceded again from another set piece? Has all that work on defending set-pieces not worked at all? Has it not taught them anything?

Either we lacked ideas how to break them down or we could not carry out those (inappropriate) plans. QPR had a couple of massive players (29 and 30 at the very least) that caused us trouble in the headers department (e.g. Paddy found himself in the company of taller QPR players). This also meant that smaller/lighter Leic city players were easily shouldered into the ground, "walled" or similarly put off their run with the ball. And this is for those who, like Hume, were at least taking the ball in the right direction, i.e. towards the opponents' goal :)

As to Sylla, he *has* been playing "silly" at times, i.e. exactly as you describe.

I have noticed several appalling mis-passes by Nisse today.

Sorry to say that Kisnorbo did not shine today. I guess he was chosen as he would seem to be a more "solid" player (physically) than Williams.

Hughes did lots of running at fast pace, but seemed to have been placed in the wrong spot anyway.

Overall, our midfield didn't seem to work well enough, I thought. Not enough teamwork and you cannot expect goals without a solid foundation...

I am not sure how Levein selected his players today, it would be interesting to know!

First off I couldn't believe the kop going mental about Mayburys sending off, it was a clear red card. Maybury has reacted and seen red, he's kicked the player with only one thing on his hand. Unprofressional, I hope he's fined by the club.

The first half performance was one of the worst I've ever seen. Same mistakes of zonal marking, panicking, De Vries not winning headers and misplaced passes. Second half wasn't much better but at least we looked a threat.

Levein made some bizarre subs. When we were 1 nil down and playing badly he swaps a right back for a right back, then he takes off one of our best players in Hume instead of dragging off the awful Sylla and de Vries!

You can't blame the defeat on the ref, he was very pedantic but I don't think he had a bad game.

We lost because we are an awful side.

First off I couldn't believe the kop going mental about Mayburys sending off, it was a clear red card. Maybury has reacted and seen red, he's kicked the player with only one thing on his hand. Unprofressional, I hope he's fined by the club.

The first half performance was one of the worst I've ever seen. Same mistakes of zonal marking, panicking, De Vries not winning headers and misplaced passes. Second half wasn't much better but at least we looked a threat.

Levein made some bizarre subs. When we were 1 nil down and playing badly he swaps a right back for a right back, then he takes off one of our best players in Hume instead of dragging off the awful Sylla and de Vries!

You can't blame the defeat on the ref, he was very pedantic but I don't think he had a bad game.

agree with u ricey , maybury had to go . i think the kop were going mad because of the qpr players reaction to the incident . santos shittu and that lanky striker could easily have seen red

Pretty much sums it up as I saw it.

I went down today for the first time in a while and it was a thoroughly depressing experience.

The match day experience as a whole seems to be designed to put fans off ever coming back again.

From the total lack of basic ability from the players,the stupidest fans i've ever known (bomber songs and blaming the ref for the loss) to the incompetent pie/drink sellers and the nazi like stewards.

I've been going for over 20 years now and will continue to do so although how regularly I just don't know (disloyal bastard).

I can stand losing if the atmosphere and passion is there but without either it seems a complete waste of time and money.

I'm extremely upset about today. I accept we didn't play well at all, and Alan Maybury cost us the game, but what I can not accept is QPR's attitude. If i were Ian Holloway I would have attacked all game if the opposition were a man down. But they didn't, they were boring, time-wasting and shit. I'd be embarrased to be a fan of them.

I still have a lot of pride as a Leicester fan, at least they went out to get at least a point when they were down to 10 men. As for Levein, i think he made a few mistakes today, but they would be absolutely no point in getting rid of him now. It would mean yet another new team next year, and i want a player who will stay with us and become a cult hero!

I expect a much improved display against Brighton, and 3 points.

aye our team yesterday i was very impressed with the attitude we took no shit, maybury was idiotic but i think if there hadnt been a scuffle and stuff the ref may have gave him a yellow and a stern talking too but because it got out of hand & the lino got involved & advised a red. good goal from hammond pleased he scored. idiotic fans and idiotic refereeing. Levein needs to attack against Brighton, if we lose that 1 its not good.

agree with u ricey , maybury had to go . i think the kop were going mad because of the qpr players reaction to the incident . santos shittu and that lanky striker could easily have seen red

Personally, I can say that I didn't see Maybury kicking (don't think you could from my seat) but QPR's reaction did annoy me.

True, we were awful but so were they.

We lost because the referee lost control of the match, he had a shocker and QPR played very dirty, wasted alot of time and conned the ref left right and centre.

Quite right, that is why we were so incensed. That and the ref taking so long to sort out the situation. Everyone around me was fuming about this

We lost because the referee lost control of the match

No we didn't. We lost because Maybury was reckless, we can't defend set pieces, we couldn't string together a few passes, we rarely challenged the goal, we backed off QPR, Levein made the wrong subs etc etc.

No we didn't. We lost because Maybury was reckless, we can't defend set pieces, we couldn't string together a few passes, we rarely challenged the goal, we backed off QPR, Levein made the wrong subs etc etc.

And because we let referential decisions wind us up ...

That too... But I guess I did sum that up by saying we were poor. Remember we were already 1-0 down when Maybury got sent off...

Good point about the set pieces. I was shuddering everytime they took a corner. Would it not be an idea to get a coach in?

That too... But I guess I did sum that up by saying we were poor. Remember we were already 1-0 down when Maybury got sent off...

That may not be a coincidence. I was looking through Maybury's career history last night and found that he at least once got red carded in a similar situation, i.e. 6 minutes after the opposition scored a goal. Perhaps he felt responsible or was particularly wound up about it and if something happens like a deliberately harsh tackle... *click* ... it just seems that this is a specific situation that he finds hard to handle...

Good point about the set pieces. I was shuddering everytime they took a corner. Would it not be an idea to get a coach in?

Indeed. Same here... was shuddering too.

CL said that before he got sent off Maybury hadn't been playing very well anyway and it was probably his frustration at the way he was playing that caused him to kick out. He also said that he'd be punished for his recklessness as he'd let all his team mates down by having a run around for fifteen minutes and then having the rest of the afternoon off, relaxing.

Archived