Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GazzinderFox

PS4 vs Xbox One

Why's it a con?  They've taken a piece out and dropped the rrp accordingly.  I wouldn't buy one because I like the option to have physical discs/cartridges so you're not as reliant on internal storage but it's not like they're pulling some shady trick here... unless I'm missing something?

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Why's it a con?  They've taken a piece out and dropped the rrp accordingly.  I wouldn't buy one because I like the option to have physical discs/cartridges so you're not as reliant on internal storage but it's not like they're pulling some shady trick here... unless I'm missing something?

You're being sensible, that's not the way of foxestalk.

15 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I find it regrettable that they've gone the cheap route and simply took out the disc drive and made no changes to the design whatsoever. Still only 1TB of storage. The review above clearly states how imbalanced the new XBOX SAD is in terms of weight distribution.

There's this big hole on the left and they decided not to optimize that dead space by adding another 1TB drive (or even more).

It's pretty pointless in this shape or form.

And I agree - it makes you too reliant on downloads, which can be deleted at any time, your access limited.

Although I can see it being the future, because it lowers physical production costs.

Just now, MC Prussian said:

I find it regrettable that they've gone the cheap route and simply took out the disc drive and made no changes to the design whatsoever. Still only 1TB of storage. The review above clearly states how imbalanced the new XBOX SAD is in terms of weight distribution.

There's this big hole on the left and they decided not to optimize that dead space by adding another 1TB drive (or even more).

It's pretty pointless in this shape or form.

And I agree - it makes you too reliant on downloads, which can be deleted at any time, your access limited.

Although I can see it being the future, because it lowers physical production costs.

But that would push the price back up defeating the purpose of the exercise, as would developing a new custom housing to reflect the smaller space required by the physical components when they already have production lines running with that current design.

• Like 1

They already showed their hand when they released the original Xbox One; the future is disc-less, always online backed up with "the cloud" - people may not like it but slowly slowly it will become so. Just another step at getting people used to it

Game Pass is another one of those steps, it's nice you can have a whole plethora of games to download and play for a couple of quid a month, as long as you're subscribed, no physical discs, all online.

The best thing Microsoft has done this Gen is more crossplatforming with PC, Forza Horizon 4 and the like can be booted up on your old tower no problem and it all runs like hot butter.