Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GazzinderFox

PS4 vs Xbox One

17 hours ago, Turbogre said:

Was looking at God Of War 3, looks decent, i had The Witcher on Xbox One, and this weekend just gone ive started playing Last of us, very impressed with that.

Last of us is really good. Arguably best game on Playstation.

If you have never played a God of War game then you are in for a treat. One of my favourite game series. What's not to like when it comes to climbing up Mount Olympus and killing gods along the way.

Might be worth playing the first 2 so you get the story. If not then a quick google search will fill you in on the story if you jump straight into GoW 3. Some of the boss battles are epic

• 5 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Looking for some clarity...

Have I got this right, or completely wrong? 

Im looking to buy either an x box 1 x or a PS pro. I think the Xbox 1 x can play nearly everything in 4K whereas the PS pro can only play certain bits in 4K (like bits of video)

Is that right, or bollox?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_X_Enhanced_games

All the 4k games for xbox one x are on there

• Like 1

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinion/xbox-one-x-vs-ps4-pro-2993235

The Pro doesn’t have a UHD player in it only Blu-ray. As far as games, they’re much of a muchness really. They both look very good when displaying their full power, the One X can do that with much more ease as it is the more powerful console. I have a One X, so I will obviously say get one of them, I still think it will come down to which exclusive titles you prefer though. 

Edited by stix
  • Like 1

On 16/12/2017 at 05:56, Col city fan said:

Im looking to buy either an x box 1 x or a PS pro. I think the Xbox 1 x can play nearly everything in 4K whereas the PS pro can only play certain bits in 4K (like bits of video)

Id consider what type of games you like over resolution col. Or the person you are buying for given the time of year.

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 05:56, Col city fan said:

The sheer wealth of exclusives on PS4 wipe the floor with XBox1.

They said the previous generation was all about the games, hence the 360 was the better machine.  Now, it's roles reversed. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Question for users on here. 

My old ps4 broke yesterday and I was forced to buy a new one. I had not enough money for a ps4 pro so bought a slim. The problem is the slim has no optical output on the back like the traditional ps4. Meaning my turtle beach (stealth 500P) game and chat volume is controller by the same switch the the head set. 

Has anyone on here overcome this situation before? If so, what did you do? 

Edit: I play on a 22" Monitor that has no optical output on it either.

Edited by Adster

14 hours ago, Adster said:

Question for users on here. 

My old ps4 broke yesterday and I was forced to buy a new one. I had not enough money for a ps4 pro so bought a slim. The problem is the slim has no optical output on the back like the traditional ps4. Meaning my turtle beach (stealth 500P) game and chat volume is controller by the same switch the the head set. 

Has anyone on here overcome this situation before? If so, what did you do? 

Edit: I play on a 22" Monitor that has no optical output on it either.

https://shop.turtlebeach.com/us/audio-advantage-micro-ii

You need one of those

Edited by MrSpaM

1 hour ago, MrSpaM said:

Someone suggested that to me but I cannot find one. I looked for just USB to Optical Output Port adapters and they seem quite rare, meaning they're quite expensive.

I guess I could just buy a Turtle Beach headset that plugs in through the 3.5mm headphone jack on my Dualshock?

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/12/2017 at 19:13, Legend_in_blue said:

The sheer wealth of exclusives on PS4 wipe the floor with XBox1.

That depends on the games you like to play. Nothing really exclusive to PlayStation has made me want to go out and buy one for a long time. I considered it before GT Sport was released but I’m glad I didn’t bother in the end. 

Its all personal preference. I hate the PS4 controller, and the games I play aren’t exclusive to any console, that’s why I chose the One X. 

People bang on about how the console they have is better better than the other one, and I’ve been guilty of it in the past too, just boils down to which games you play and which pad you’re more comfortable with for me. Everything else can be done on both consoles. 

On 18/01/2018 at 07:47, Col city fan said:

Anyone bought an Xbox one x yet?

If so, happy with it?

I got one on release but had loads of issues with it freezing and then turning itself off mid game. I contacted Microsoft and they exchanged it for me. 

As for the games I’m loving playing all the enhanced games on my 4k TV. Some of the graphics are superb

• Like 1

Just had a look at console prices for a laugh and it appears Currys are accidentally selling a One S + Rocket League bundle for £10 cheaper than they're advertising it for... Thought I'd put it in here in case anybody wants to benefit before they realise lol 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know the best non-dodgy website to get a decent deal on a PS4?

My original version PS4 has finally had a meltdown and won't accept nor reject discs. I have tried every suggested route to fix it myself without success and Sony are quoting £125.00 to fix. Think I'd rather spend a little more and get a brand new console.

Looked at the usual's Amazon etc but I'm sure there are other decent websites I'm not aware of?

1 hour ago, pds said:

Anyone know the best non-dodgy website to get a decent deal on a PS4?

My original version PS4 has finally had a meltdown and won't accept nor reject discs. I have tried every suggested route to fix it myself without success and Sony are quoting £125.00 to fix. Think I'd rather spend a little more and get a brand new console.

Looked at the usual's Amazon etc but I'm sure there are other decent websites I'm not aware of?

This is the cheapest I could find quickly. 

Seller has almost 1000 transactions with 100% positive feedback. 

2FCF3848-3B24-4761-8DBC-96CB0789B5B9.jpeg

Edited by stix

• 1 month later...

My XBOX One X has just given up on me, six months after the initial purchase. lol

Luckily, all covered under the manufacturer's warranty.

EDIT: Microsoft are so skint for new consoles, if I were to opt for a replacement scheme to speed things up, they'd send me another repaired XBOX One X, not a new model. :crylaugh:

Now the console is going to Germany and then to a repair center in Prague, whilst their customer support is based in Lisbon. Hallelujah.

Edited by MC Prussian

6 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

My XBOX One X has just given up on me, six months after the initial purchase. lol

Luckily, all covered under the manufacturer's warranty.

EDIT: Microsoft are so skint for new consoles, if I were to opt for a replacement scheme to speed things up, they'd send me another repaired XBOX One X, not a new model. :crylaugh:

Now the console is going to Germany and then to a repair center in Prague, whilst their customer support is based in Lisbon. Hallelujah.

That's bullshit, 6 months means it isn't fit for purpose so you should be able to demand full refund or a new one. Unless you chucked a drink over it, dropped it or covered the vents so it overheated?

15 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

That's bullshit, 6 months means it isn't fit for purpose so you should be able to demand full refund or a new one. Unless you chucked a drink over it, dropped it or covered the vents so it overheated?

Nope, just stopped working from one second to another. Had an external hard drive (the official SeaGate one) attached and ready to be formatted, when I looked away for a short while and back and the console had switched off automatically. It's dead now, can't bring it back to life.

Apparently not that unusual a case, the biggest blunder Microsoft committed was with the Project Scorpio edition, loads of faulty models there. Problem is with those that they cannot be replaced, because it's a limited edition. lol

19 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Nope, just stopped working from one second to another. Had an external hard drive (the official SeaGate one) attached and ready to be formatted, when I looked away for a short while and back and the console had switched off automatically. It's dead now, can't bring it back to life.

Apparently not that unusual a case, the biggest blunder Microsoft committed was with the Project Scorpio edition, loads of faulty models there. Problem is with those that they cannot be replaced, because it's a limited edition. lol

I've got a normal One X and no probs so far, had it since February. It's a well known thing to wait it out of the first few batches of new consoles so they can sort their ish out. If it's genuinely Limited Edition and that why someone bought it they should just keep it unopened and wait for it to collect value, only reason I can think of having one.

Had a number of 360's and so a few RRoD's, a couple got replaced in the shop and the last one (120gb Elite) had to be sent off to Germany after dying and that was like 2010. Microsoft's main EU distribution centre is there so no surprise, just find it irritating that if that happens you lose however long on your membership waiting for it to be fixed. Warranties should definitely be longer too, at component level when buying/building a PC the graphics cards and stuff are generally covered for a few years, find it really cheeky console manufacturers only give you a year at most these days and still put out faulty kit. Console gaming these days is a total jip.

7 hours ago, SpazticChicken said:

I've got a normal One X and no probs so far, had it since February. It's a well known thing to wait it out of the first few batches of new consoles so they can sort their ish out. If it's genuinely Limited Edition and that why someone bought it they should just keep it unopened and wait for it to collect value, only reason I can think of having one.

Had a number of 360's and so a few RRoD's, a couple got replaced in the shop and the last one (120gb Elite) had to be sent off to Germany after dying and that was like 2010. Microsoft's main EU distribution centre is there so no surprise, just find it irritating that if that happens you lose however long on your membership waiting for it to be fixed. Warranties should definitely be longer too, at component level when buying/building a PC the graphics cards and stuff are generally covered for a few years, find it really cheeky console manufacturers only give you a year at most these days and still put out faulty kit. Console gaming these days is a total jip.

Shocking tbh, consoles should last years: I've owned a Wii, Gamecube, PS3, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, WiiU and Switch and the only things I've ever had break on me were the analog sticks of a couple of Gamecube controllers eventually losing their rubber gripping from constant use.  (I'm not counting the charging cable breaking on my WiiU because that was an ebay purchase from a family with kids who had already damaged it and then after using it with no problems for half a year I made the mistake of moving house and letting my adult housemate use the machine without realising they were incapable of acting like the small children who had previously owned it.)