Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GazzinderFox

PS4 vs Xbox One

Guest FriendlyRam
3 hours ago, Adster said:

It's not the game, it's the player. I've played games all my life and I've never got so angry I've had to throw a controller or smash a wall.

He's probably just bad at CoD :ph34r:

Your probably right

• 2 weeks later...

OK thanks for the reply :)

Been doing a fair bit of reading and looking at Youtube and it is kind of a 50/50 thing it seems.

The Pro apparently is superior but more for 4K TVs and possibly future games but is, from reviewer's, not worth getting if you already have a PS4.

• 6 months later...

I've been offered my mates PS4 for £150, he's had it since it came out and said he played it fairly frequently for the first few months but it doesn't get much use. I've got an Xbox One but obviously miss out on titles such as Horizon, MLB the Show and The Last of Us which I had on my PS3. What I was wondering was if people would see it as value for money? And are there any underlying issues that I should be wary of in the original models before potentially forking out what is still a fairly big sum of money?

21 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I've been offered my mates PS4 for £150, he's had it since it came out and said he played it fairly frequently for the first few months but it doesn't get much use. I've got an Xbox One but obviously miss out on titles such as Horizon, MLB the Show and The Last of Us which I had on my PS3. What I was wondering was if people would see it as value for money? And are there any underlying issues that I should be wary of in the original models before potentially forking out what is still a fairly big sum of money?

I've had mine since January 2014, not treated it terribly well and it still works fine without any issues. Only issue you might find is that it might get a bit noisy when running the newer games, particularly Horizon, but I only notice when it is quiet.

The wifi card for the ps4 is crap as well, so unless your internet is amazing or it's next to the router you might also have problems.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Mine is an early one from November of the year they were out.  No problems here.  Solid console - it's the 360 equivalent of the last generation of consoles i.e. the best.

£150 is a steal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

I've had mine since January 2014, not treated it terribly well and it still works fine without any issues. Only issue you might find is that it might get a bit noisy when running the newer games, particularly Horizon, but I only notice when it is quiet.

The wifi card for the ps4 is crap as well, so unless your internet is amazing or it's next to the router you might also have problems.

That could be an issue our internet is woeful at the best of times but I'm moving in the next few months. Sounds good though thank you!

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Mine is an early one from November of the year they were out.  No problems here.  Solid console - it's the 360 equivalent of the last generation of consoles i.e. the best.

£150 is a steal. 

Brilliant thank you for that, sounds like I might definitely take him up on that offer.

11 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

That could be an issue our internet is woeful at the best of times but I'm moving in the next few months. Sounds good though thank you!

Brilliant thank you for that, sounds like I might definitely take him up on that offer.

If you get a plug adaptor so you can wire it up, you'll be fine though.

• 2 weeks later...

Time for me to jump into 2017. I'm getting a PS4. Decided on that simply based on what my mates have so it's not a case of PS4 or Xbox.

So the questions...

The best deal? Want the console plus two controllers. Found it for £245 on Shopto but not sure if I've picked a shit version of it as there were a few different types I could buy.

Can I watch Sky on it? I'm assuming yes but I had no luck on my 360, it wouldn't let me sign in.

Biting the bullet and getting the new FIFA. It's been a while and beating my mates a few times recently reminded me the satisfaction it can bring.

10 hours ago, Samilktray said:

If you're buying brand new at this point theres not a lot of point buying the old playstation so you may aswell go second hand and save yourself some money. 

There something new on the way then? I've been completely ignorant of it all for a good couple of years now.

On 27/07/2017 at 01:17, Dan LCFC said:

There something new on the way then? I've been completely ignorant of it all for a good couple of years now.

Ps4 pro is already out and plays games in 4K, so that's why he's referring to a PS4 as an "old" PlayStation 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Just ordered my XBOX One X, saying goodbye to my 360 and XBOX One S.

The X will probably last a good three, four years, thanks to 4K and the processor power, faster loading times.

Anyone else been pondering a move?

Yeah I got mine on Wednesday. I’m really impressed so far. Surprised at the difference after the game enhancements, and the console is deathly quiet compared to the One. You won’t regret your investment.