Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingcarr21

Final Fantasy XV

15 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I love it but I wouldn't have it up there with the likes of 7,8 and 9. Like you said from Chapter 9 onwards its kinda gone FF13 with it being so linear. Shame as I was loving all the exploration at the start. I mean yes I can go back at anytime but more areas similar to altissia would have been nice.

Also where the hell is Carbuncle? I played the demo so it said that I had unlocked Carbuncle. Have I missed something?

Carbuncle's available in Easy Mode only, and even there just on the World Map. I think he's banned from helping you in dungeons. lol

40 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Fair enough. I don't think FF XV is bad, on the contrary. But let me say it could've been a lot better and promises something it can't keep - a larger portion of it feels as if it was rather quickly assembled, especially from Chapter 9 onwards.

I can't even believe there is an "Easy" mode.

Its a yawn worthy on Normal, suffice to say anyone playing on Easy isn't going to be bothered about getting all the optional dungeons done. 

Finished the main story.

Now i've played through the whole game it is safe to say it was way too easy even in normal mode. What on earth must easy mode be like? I really enjoyed the story and characters but what was the point in having armor? I finished it at level 57 and have now gone back to Altissia to finish the hunts and sidequests. Then will go to Lucis and finish the dungeons etc. Final boss was a big disappointment. Ifrit was a piece of piss i cant believe beating him was worth a gold trophy. Still find it strange that at the end of the game i am using a potion to restore health. Roll on the DLC and hopefully a challenge

33 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Might as well try and platinum this. Seems easy enough. Got a lot of fishing to do though. My god the Regalia F Type is hard to control

Painful 4 hours of your life ahead.

The Adamantoise is also a bit of a time sink, we are talking hours at about level 70 I think, 2.5 estimate.

I am currently using the hairband round the Control Pad sticks to get Gladios survival to 10 then I've got it lol 

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Painful 4 hours of your life ahead.

The Adamantoise is also a bit of a time sink, we are talking hours at about level 70 I think, 2.5 estimate.

I am currently using the hairband round the Control Pad sticks to get Gladios survival to 10 then I've got it lol 

lol nice easy way of doing it. My fishing is level 5, Gladio level 8, Ignis level 8 and Prompto level 10.

Im surprised there isn't a trophy for like completing the tree system or chocobo racing or the monster tournament. Is there really any point to Chocobo racing or the monster thing if the game is so easy

lol. Also the ascension coins. Is there any point to any of them lol 

9 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

lol nice easy way of doing it. My fishing is level 5, Gladio level 8, Ignis level 8 and Prompto level 10.

Hide contents

Im surprised there isn't a trophy for like completing the tree system or chocobo racing or the monster tournament. Is there really any point to Chocobo racing or the monster thing if the game is so easy

lol. Also the ascension coins. Is there any point to any of them lol 

Aren't they treasure? Sold literally all my treasurer to get Gill in order to avoid having to do any hunts lol 

It's not just easy I'd say it's a must personally, when everything else was done he was level 9 and a bit for me, my game clock is 5 hours longer since I started and that's only 2/3 of level 9.

It's a long time to just walk lol 

Fishing wont be too bad from level 5 but will be boring.....Ignis is very easy if you can make some more complicated dishes, prolly about 10-15 minutes from level 8.

One more extra dungeon to go. All hunts done, apart from the Adamantoise. Then I'm pretty much done with this for now.

I'm telling you - the one extra dungeon at Steyliff Grove... Pfft. I was expecting a regular walkthrough in 60, 90 minutes.

Instead, nine camping grounds later... :D

30 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Aren't they treasure? Sold literally all my treasurer to get Gill in order to avoid having to do any hunts lol 

It's not just easy I'd say it's a must personally, when everything else was done he was level 9 and a bit for me, my game clock is 5 hours longer since I started and that's only 2/3 of level 9.

It's a long time to just walk lol 

Fishing wont be too bad from level 5 but will be boring.....Ignis is very easy if you can make some more complicated dishes, prolly about 10-15 minutes from level 8.

No there is a bloke in Altissia who you can trade the Ascension coins for items lol. I've only just started selling the treasure i've found. I thought I would be able to like create weapons or something. I went from like 2000 gil to 250000 gil once I sold them all lol. Currently trying to get the Sturdy Helixhorn (if that's what its called I cant remember).

Also I did a mission for Randolph for the legendary weapon. Got the great sword. Then whilst i'm travelling around on a chocobo I see an item on the floor. I pick it up and its a greatsword that's better than the legendary :blink:

This game is so confusing.

Also ive just done missions that are level 10 that weren't there before I completed the game. Seems daft

5 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

No there is a bloke in Altissia who you can trade the Ascension coins for items lol. I've only just started selling the treasure i've found. I thought I would be able to like create weapons or something. I went from like 2000 gil to 250000 gil once I sold them all lol. Currently trying to get the Sturdy Helixhorn (if that's what its called I cant remember).

Also I did a mission for Randolph for the legendary weapon. Got the great sword. Then whilst i'm travelling around on a chocobo I see an item on the floor. I pick it up and its a greatsword that's better than the legendary :blink:

This game is so confusing.

Also ive just done missions that are level 10 that weren't there before I completed the game. Seems daft

Yeah I've thoroughly had enough of it now and about Plat, and the fact I am saying both of those things inside of 80 Hours for a game like this is not a good reflection on it

Seriously considering flogging I can't see how any of the DLC is going to be any good at all

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yeah I've thoroughly had enough of it now and about Plat, and the fact I am saying both of those things inside of 80 Hours for a game like this is not a good reflection on it

Seriously considering flogging I can't see how any of the DLC is going to be any good at all

Ive got the season pass so will stick with it. Im still enjoying it so will stick it out. Got loads of hunts to do. I am only level 4 in hunts what's the max level it goes to?

My god Costlemark Tower was a cvnt

A fight against 3 iron giants and some snake thing took me ages as Ignis and Prompto disappeared off the map. No idea where they went they still had health and no status problems but I couldn't use any of there abilities etc. Then when I finally beat them Prompto appears like 'Yeaaaa, were still alive'. No thanks to you you daft fvcker.

Once I finished Costlemark I had 70000 exp for Noctis so a trip to Altissia and X3 EXP in the hotel sent me from level 65 to level 70 so not a bad nights work lol 

also got to level 6 in fishing. Gonna take me ages to get to level 10

9 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

A fight against 3 iron giants and some snake thing took me ages as Ignis and Prompto disappeared off the map. No idea where they went they still had health and no status problems but I couldn't use any of there abilities etc. Then when I finally beat them Prompto appears like 'Yeaaaa, were still alive'. No thanks to you you daft fvcker.

Once I finished Costlemark I had 70000 exp for Noctis so a trip to Altissia and X3 EXP in the hotel sent me from level 65 to level 70 so not a bad nights work lol 

Oh yes, horrible, I'd just loaded a guide (I'm not sure it would of done any good)  up when somehow I got through the maze by accident, most I had to fight was two. 

Plat last night so me done. Might hold on to it see what reception DLC gets but not hopeful. 

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Oh yes, horrible, I'd just loaded a guide (I'm not sure it would of done any good)  up when somehow I got through the maze by accident, most I had to fight was two. 

Plat last night so me done. Might hold on to it see what reception DLC gets but not hopeful. 

I went the wrong way and got back to the large area and 3 IG and the snake turn up. Luckily Ramuh appeared and decimated them. Then back in the maze bit there was a choice, straight on our right. I chose right. Which led me to the massive open area again and a repeat of 3 IG and the snake. I was devastated lol . No summon this time and with Ignis and Prompto disappearing it took me nout 20 mins to beat them.

Went back to the maze. This time straight on and it took me to the boss. The 3 IG and the snake without Iggy and Prompto was by far the hardest fight i've had.

Well done on getting Plat. will take me a while longer before I get plat. Only ever got 1 plat trophy before so would be nice to get my 2nd

• 2 weeks later...

I started to do castlemark tower, saw what a pain in the ass it was, and went on to the other quests. Those lightning/thunder bombs were a nightmare, and I felt like I had no idea where I was going. Maybe I was just under leveled (58) at the time.

I've been taking my time and doing all the hunts and side quests before progressing the story. I just now got to altissa for the first time.

Overall I like the game. The combat system is fun, and the world is beautifully designed. The story and characters are a little weak compared to the past games.

9 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

I started to do castlemark tower, saw what a pain in the ass it was, and went on to the other quests. Those lightning/thunder bombs were a nightmare, and I felt like I had no idea where I was going. Maybe I was just under leveled (58) at the time.

I've been taking my time and doing all the hunts and side quests before progressing the story. I just now got to altissa for the first time.

Overall I like the game. The combat system is fun, and the world is beautifully designed. The story and characters are a little weak compared to the past games.

Its a funny one, I didn't get the maze, like I said just lost patience was reaching for the ipad when I accidentally got through it....I'd go back when you're a bit higher, it's hard at 55-60 as the game punishes you severely if you mess the maze up.

Better than 1,2,3, and 13 for me but that's it. Still, it was enjoyable. 

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Its a funny one, I didn't get the maze, like I said just lost patience was reaching for the ipad when I accidentally got through it....I'd go back when you're a bit higher, it's hard at 55-60 as the game punishes you severely if you mess the maze up.

Better than 1,2,3, and 13 for me but that's it. Still, it was enjoyable. 

It certainly punished me. I haven't touched this since I decided to start a new game on FF8 on my Vita. It's up there as one of my fave FF games.

I thought 7 was my all time fave but now im playing 8 I just don't know anymore lol 

Just now, kingcarr21 said:

It certainly punished me. I haven't touched this since I decided to start a new game on FF8 on my Vita. It's up there as one of my fave FF games.

I thought 7 was my all time fave but now im playing 8 I just don't know anymore lol 

It's on the Vita is it?

I've considered a Vita for some time...If I ever make it to 8 on my attempt to play through the ones I've not finished yet (bar the terribke XIII lol) I may have to take the plunge. 

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

It's on the Vita is it?

I've considered a Vita for some time...If I ever make it to 8 on my attempt to play through the ones I've not finished yet (bar the terribke XIII lol) I may have to take the plunge. 

I got the Vita on release. Not really played it much but once I got the PS4 the remote play is brilliant. The wife can watch her shite and I can just play PS4 through the vita.

You have access to the Playstation Network so I downloaded FF8.

If the Vita actually had a decent line up of games it would be a massive hit. Such a shame they don't seem to release many Grade A titles for it. Gravity Rush is probably the best game ive had for it.

It's good for PS Now as well if you are subscribed to it. I imagine you could pick up a Vita quite cheap now.

On 10.1.2017 at 10:20, kingcarr21 said:

11 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

If you're complaining about Castlemark Tower now, wait until you can return at a later stage, only to find out that *oops*.

This last proper optional mission is really frustrating and I haven't really gone back to the game because of it. I got quite far at the first attempt, without really knowing what I was encountering, but ever since then, I've become gradually worse. lol 

I think I did complete the original maze at the second time of asking, because there's one point in this whole cube-led dungeon where you have the choice of staying on the same level or going down. If I remember correctly, the latter option returns you the starting point.

But I'm not sure whether the game is intentionally sending you the wrong way the first time around (where you have to fight the Red Giant(s)), then allowing you to proceed to the final boss a while later - following another plethora of moving cubes.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

If you're complaining about Castlemark Tower now, wait until you can return at a later stage, only to find out that *oops*.

This last proper optional mission is really frustrating and I haven't really gone back to the game because of it. I got quite far at the first attempt, without really knowing what I was encountering, but ever since then, I've become gradually worse. lol 

I think I did complete the original maze at the second time of asking, because there's one point in this whole cube-led dungeon where you have the choice of staying on the same level or going down. If I remember correctly, the latter option returns you the starting point.

But I'm not sure whether the game is intentionally sending you the wrong way the first time around (where you have to fight the Red Giant(s)), then allowing you to proceed to the final boss a while later - following another plethora of moving cubes.

There was a point where u either click the cube to your right or straight ahead. I clicked right which was the wrong way and led me to fighting 3 giants etc. I then lost ignis and prompto to a glitch so had to survive with just noct and gladdy. Long fight was a nightmare 

Archived