Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingcarr21

Final Fantasy XV

Picked this up for under £40 in Tesco. Love the final fantasy series and have been looking forward to this one being released. Anybody else picking this up? The demo was decent and ive heard good reviews regarding the story. I really hope the story is gripping, it's what makes FF games so good.

41 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Picked this up for under £40 in Tesco. Love the final fantasy series and have been looking forward to this one being released. Anybody else picking this up? The demo was decent and ive heard good reviews regarding the story. I really hope the story is gripping, it's what makes FF games so good.

Mixed reviews on the story, so it looks like an each to their own sort of thing. Game play mechanics suppose to be spot on though. 

I have indeed bought it as I am sucker for FF, Currently have 3 on iPad which I am 75% of the way through accompanied by 4,5 and 6, I have finished 1,2,7,9,10, and 12 but 13 really did for me, I had to turn it off and sell it about halfway through as i couldn't stand it. 

The worry is where I am going to find time to play a FF game as when young, kid and responsibility free, working 6 and half hours a day 10 minutes down the road it took me about three months to get through 12 lol that'd probably equate to a year now. 

I'm keeping my eye on this one, if it turns out as good as it looks and doesn't fall into the old console trap of sacrificing frame-rate and general playability for stunning visuals then it might well end up being the reason I get a ps4.  Already putting money side for switch and Zelda though so compromises are going to be needed somewhere...

30 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Mixed reviews on the story, so it looks like an each to their own sort of thing. Game play mechanics suppose to be spot on though. 

I have indeed bought it as I am sucker for FF, Currently have 3 on iPad which I am 75% of the way through accompanied by 4,5 and 6, I have finished 1,2,7,9,10, and 12 but 13 really did for me, I had to turn it off and sell it about halfway through as i couldn't stand it. 

The worry is where I am going to find time to play a FF game as when young, kid and responsibility free, working 6 and half hours a day 10 minutes down the road it took me about three months to get through 12 lol that'd probably equate to a year now. 

Have you not played 8??

FF13 was so linear it was unreal. Battled my way through it.

Was FF12 the one on PS2? I remember playing it and getting halfway and just not enjoying it so got rid. (If its the one i'm thinking about)

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm keeping my eye on this one, if it turns out as good as it looks and doesn't fall into the old console trap of sacrificing frame-rate and general playability for stunning visuals then it might well end up being the reason I get a ps4.  Already putting money side for switch and Zelda though so compromises are going to be needed somewhere...

I will keep the thread updated on what i think whilst trying to not put spoilers in. I am waiting for the price announcement for the Switch as im not sure it will be worth getting rid of the Wii U if im not going to utilise the mobility of the switch. Also the battery life.

2 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Have you not played 8??

FF13 was so linear it was unreal. Battled my way through it.

Was FF12 the one on PS2? I remember playing it and getting halfway and just not enjoying it so got rid. (If its the one i'm thinking about)

Yes......:glare:

latest?cb=20100528171023

Had to put it down hated nearly everything about it.

PS2 yes, first one with an active battle system. Divided quite a lot of opinion. I liked it. 

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Yes......:glare:

latest?cb=20100528171023

Had to put it down hated nearly everything about it.

PS2 yes, first one with an active battle system. Divided quite a lot of opinion. I liked it. 

lol The first time i played FF8 that boss was an absolute bitch. Gave up.

Then years later i decided to play it again and couldn't remember how far i got to. Then when this bitch reappeared i remembered. Was dreading the fight but i absolutely destroyed her. I obviously didnt do things right the first playthrough.

FF8 is brilliant. One of my faves

Just now, kingcarr21 said:

lol The first time i played FF8 that boss was an absolute bitch. Gave up.

Then years later i decided to play it again and couldn't remember how far i got to. Then when this bitch reappeared i remembered. Was dreading the fight but i absolutely destroyed her. I obviously didnt do things right the first playthrough.

FF8 is brilliant. One of my faves

Yup, oh I was so under leveled haha, but I'd got to the point where I couldn't really go back, if memorey serves for some god forsaken reason the bit leading up to this fight the game gives you about 1XP every fight.

So yeah I gave up. TBF I have had numerous attempts at some of them and given up, this is my second time on 3, I've played 4 to the part where you get to the wall and gave up as it kept owning me, had 3 goes at 2 before the play through I actually did it, and I've had a go at six as well.  Problem with 8 is it's the only one without a half decent remake/port. 

Now it's probably the hardest of the main series to get hold of, that's the problem.  

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

ff8 is on steam.

It's also amazing.

Yeah it's PS or PC that is all.

The PC Port is also suppose to be crap. Dunno if they have sorted it.

Yes great game to be clear this

"Had to put it down hated nearly everything about it."

Was referring to 13

14 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

FFX is the best I've played but haven't tried 7.

This new one looks OK but the lack of any noticeable female leads seems odd to me.  

FF7 is brilliant. Get on the original NOW.

FFX was really good but it annoyed me that you go through the whole game and no character knows the main characters name (Tidus) At no point do they ask what his name is because you were able to name him anything you wanted and with the voice acting it wouldn't have worked if you decided to call him cum bucket or something lol 

For me FF7 was better than FF8 but only just. FF9 was ok, FFX was great, 11 was shit (or X-2 i think it was called. the clothes changing didn't appeal to me), 12 was shit, 13 was shit (the follow up FF games were better though).

Now onto the new one. Didn't play much but all seems a bit weird. The fighting style will take some getting used to but i'm enjoying it. Too early to pass judgement but will try and play it again later.

9 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

FF7 is brilliant. Get on the original NOW.

FFX was really good but it annoyed me that you go through the whole game and no character knows the main characters name (Tidus) At no point do they ask what his name is because you were able to name him anything you wanted and with the voice acting it wouldn't have worked if you decided to call him cum bucket or something lol 

For me FF7 was better than FF8 but only just. FF9 was ok, FFX was great, 11 was shit (or X-2 i think it was called. the clothes changing didn't appeal to me), 12 was shit, 13 was shit (the follow up FF games were better though).

Now onto the new one. Didn't play much but all seems a bit weird. The fighting style will take some getting used to but i'm enjoying it. Too early to pass judgement but will try and play it again later.

Uh dear, get out lol 

It is funny how people view the games so differently. Most people who have played the entire series consider VI to actually be the best of the lot. 

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Uh dear, get out lol 

It is funny how people view the games so differently. Most people who have played the entire series consider VI to actually be the best of the lot. 

The first time i played it i didnt get into it at all. Then a few years later gave it another go and really enjoyed it. Think vivi just pissed me off lol 

Me writing ok probably doesn't do it justice. It's better than ok. For me though its nowhere near the best FF game (The final boss i remember being a big disappointment). Like you say it divides so many people the argument over which FF game is the best one.

X has my favourite system of the games from about 5 to 12, I've not played anything after that. I really liked the sphere grid.

Tidus and Tuna annoyed me a little but it was otherwise a pretty great game.

I just absolutely fell in love with the world of 8 though. It caught me at about the right age to completely fall for the teen angst of Squall and his awkward romance with Rinoa, though. To date it's my favourite romantic subplot in a game or even film, mostly because he spends 95% of it going "... Ugh."

Top stuff, Square. Tidus was way too gushy in contrast.

33 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

X has my favourite system of the games from about 5 to 12, I've not played anything after that. I really liked the sphere grid.

I just absolutely fell in love with the world of 8 though. It caught me at about the right age to completely fall for the teen angst of Squall and his awkward romance with Rinoa, though. To date it's my favourite romantic subplot in a game or even film, mostly because he spends 95% of it going "... Ugh."

Agreed. Think i was the perfect age when 8 was released. Remember Squall being cool as fcuk and Zell being a dumbass lol 

Also the card game in FF8 was really good. The GFs made it great for me. The animations when summoning them were great.

With 9 i also found it weird that the main character was called Zidane. Don't know why but i always looked at him as if he was Zinedine Zidane. So now when i see Real Madrid play and Zidane is on the touchline i wonder if he is hiding a Tail in his suit lol 

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

lol

Yuna...

Archived