Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

Sunderland post match thread

We need three in midfield - why when there were on the bench were James and Mendy not used. They could have played a half each ffs, and got more match fitness and maybe created a different result.

Totally agree with you,NotTheMarketLeader.............................. But I think we thought we would roll over Sunderland and get back our credability, which of course we didn't :banghead:

On a positive note we're only six points off eigth place :whistle:

Pathetic useless inept disgraceful forlorn abject purile hapless . Things need to change fast or we will be going down make no mistake about it. Our performances just are not good enough and they need to drastically improve. How we do that God only knows but we're sinking fast and desperately need a liferaft

4 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Pathetic useless inept disgraceful forlorn abject purile hapless . Things need to change fast or we will be going down make no mistake about it. Our performances just are not good enough and they need to drastically improve. How we do that God only knows but we're sinking fast and desperately need a liferaft

_92787701_titanicbbc.jpg

4 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

We need three in midfield - why when they were on the bench were James and Mendy not used. They could have played a half each ffs, and got more match fitness and maybe created a different result.

I think the answer is very simple: because he needs them on wednesday.

Both have not played for ages. Mendy is back in training for just two weeks.

Giving both 4 more days to reach 100% match-fitness was the right decision.

It shows, that Ranieri, in contrast to many in this forum, is not in panic

modus.

4 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

I think the answer is very simple: because he needs them on wednesday.

Both have not played for ages. Mendy is back in training for just two weeks.

Giving both 4 more days to reach 100% match-fitness was the right decision.

It shows, that Ranieri, in contrast to many in this forum, is not in panic

modus.

Except James can't play in CL as not in named squad! 

If they are fit fit enough to be on the bench by definition they are fit enough to play. In addition CR said last week he was ready to come off the bench V WBA, but had to change tactics. 

Dont forget neither of these played a minute at Sunderland which means they are no further along in fitness or game time. This is a game where we were short of DD, a game we lost, and played abysmally in, a game which losing could drop us into the relegation zone.

Ranieri should not be panicking, but he should be acting to stop this horrendous slide. Saturday was a missed opportunity. Easier games are not going to be forthcoming.

48 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Except James can't play in CL as not in named squad! 

If they are fit fit enough to be on the bench by definition they are fit enough to play. In addition CR said last week he was ready to come off the bench V WBA, but had to change tactics. 

Dont forget neither of these played a minute at Sunderland which means they are no further along in fitness or game time. This is a game where we were short of DD, a game we lost, and played abysmally in, a game which losing could drop us into the relegation zone.

Ranieri should not be panicking, but he should be acting to stop this horrendous slide. Saturday was a missed opportunity. Easier games are not going to be forthcoming.

Thanks, for the information about James and the CL.

Regarding fitness: I think , Ranieri doesn't want to risk another setback.

Mendy suffered one a few weeks ago, and James, who  played in the

pre-season at Oxford (19.07.), also had one.

CR knows, that getting and keeping Mendy (his man) fit, could be vital

in the relegation battle.

20 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Thanks, for the information about James and the CL.

Regarding fitness: I think , Ranieri doesn't want to risk another setback.

Mendy suffered one a few weeks ago, and James, who  played in the

pre-season at Oxford (19.07.), also had one.

CR knows, that getting and keeping Mendy (his man) fit, could be vital

in the relegation battle.

Maybe.

I like the guy (Ranieri) and I don't want him getting sacked, but at the same time I don't think so far he's stepped up to making the big decisions. E.g. to change the formation that's not working and to drop those players not 'at it'. 

For his own sake, the club's, and ours, he needs to turn this around, and quickly. That is not going to be easy, and on Saturday again with  ignoring the need for change he's made it more difficult. He's let it slide for far, far too long. 

Archived