Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

Sunderland post match thread

... very hard to digest what we saw today and still walk away with any positive thoughts, roll on next game and let's put this weekends sorry shite behind us .... even King Richard was asking to be dropped back into an unmarked grave after that horror show, save any more embarrassing repeats!

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I have no cheer in predicting the scoreline correctly today..I didn't even bet on it.

I was right. Amartey is not good enough to play at this level. Again though, I don't blame him. I blame the club for keeping on playing him in a 442

We have not won away all season...in fact, I think we have picked up one point?

Ranieri is playing with the same tactics every week. Bizarre in the extreme. And we have one of the worst goals conceded stats in the division now.

Amazing though it sounds, a team in the last 16 of the Champs League look every bit a relegation side on current form.

Unless something radical changes, we could be the first team, I think in history, to win the first division, to then get relegated in successive seasons.

We look appalling.........

I agree sadly Col but I don't get it Re Ranieri as he was a tactical genius last season, knew exactly what subs to use and when to bring them and didn't get a thing wrong last season for me, I don't get why he is making such a ham fisted job of it this season?  :unsure:

Had a free ticket in the Sunderland end right behind the goal close to the pitch, same end as the the Leicester fans. Edit - see if you can spot me! red coat and black hat  4 seats back to the right of the goal when Defoe scores! Looking pissed off!

A few observations:

• Couldn't believe we went for the 4-4-2 again with DA and AK as the pair in the middle, but as always I trusted CR but it's getting worse not better
  • DA is a complete liability. Slow and labour-some on the ball and lacking  majorly in confidence. He doesn't really do anything well and looks a shadow of the player that use to come on when we first signed him. Looks like he's lost a lot of power and pace that he once possessed. 
  • AK needs someone quality next to him. You can just about get away with DD and AK but throw DA with him and it's an accident waiting to happen. The two of them are just so slow and predictable and hardly ever take the initiative. At least with DD he can make something happen and ask AK to do the dirty work.
  • Wes and Huth's limitations highlighted due to the shit midfield. 
  • Slimani and Vardy just don't seem to gel. Slimani actually looks quite clever at times in regards to his movement and passing but this seems to take Vardy out of the game as the ball is always never directly going from deep straight to Vardy, where we were so devastating last season. Don't get me wrong, Slim is hardly holding up Steve Howard style but the split seconds he takes on the ball just makes Vary obsolete. I think we need a formation with Vardy up tops on his and Slimani the option on the bench to change to 4-4-2 or vice-versa. 
  • Zieler just looks like the walking dead! I was right behind him and he didn't speak once all game! He didn't show any reaction to conceding, no encouragement or just really ....anything! The guy is everything that Kasper isn't!  
  • Gray needs to start next game. The guy at least plays without fear and knows what's needed. It's getting ridiculous now how he hasn't been given a run. 
  • Mahrez is just pure class even when he's not having his greatest game. 
  • The fact we could be soon starting DD with PM fills me with hope. It was good to see PM named on the bench - perhaps light at the end of the tunnel....?

50 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

I think the euphoria went to everyone's head - they forgot that hard work and concentration and determination are the foundations of success. The hype went to their heads too. Now the confidence of last season has dissipated it's going to need something remarkable to get the squad into shape again. Without Kante they should have been mid-table material but it seems that no-one formed a system to cope with his absence.

I think the strategy may need to be the replacement of Huth and Morgan - sad but they've not functioned without the cover of you-know-who. Drinkwater and Fuchs are a must. Mendy will have to prove himself - coming back off of a long- term injury into a failing team isn't easy. Simpson seems to be panned and praised, but he is committed to the cause. Okazaki is also necessary - he's proved himself enough. With Schmeichel that's just six players who warrant inclusion. Ulloa can defend. I heard Ian Stringer criticising Slimani for not attempting to retrieve a ball he'd lost so maybe he needs a kuta. At least Albrighton tries. Mahrez isn't convincing anybody - I think he wants away - to where he thinks he'll get the protection and service he needs. Mayb give him the freedom to roam.

Vardy needs a detox - any decent coach would be telling him to drop the booze and the caffeine - he's a worse player for it.

City need to make sure they grab a defensive midfielder and two defenders - like I wrote on another post - Juanfran and Godin would do.

No more ideas than these, unfortunately.

His been shit, but the booze and caffeine didn't do him much harm last season

11 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Had a free ticket in the Sunderland end right behind the goal close to the pitch, same end as the the Leicester fans.

A few observations:

• Couldn't believe we went for the 4-4-2 again with DA and AK as the pair in the middle, but as always I trusted CR but it's getting worse not better
  • DA is a complete liability. Slow and labour-some on the ball and lacking  majorly in confidence. He doesn't really do anything well and looks a shadow of the player that use to come on when we first signed him. Looks like he's lost a lot of power and pace that he once possessed. 
  • AK needs someone quality next to him. You can just about get away with DD and AK but throw DA with him and it's an accident waiting to happen. The two of them are just so slow and predictable and hardly ever take the initiative. At least with DD he can make something happen and ask AK to do the dirty work.
  • Slimani and Vardy just don't seem to gel. Slimani actually looks quite clever at times in regards to his movement and passing but this seems to take Vardy out of the game as the ball is always never directly going from deep straight to Vardy, where we were so devastating last season. Don't get me wrong, Slim is hardly holding up Steve Howard style but the split seconds he takes on the ball just makes Vary obsolete. I think we need a formation with Vardy up tops on his and Slimani the option on the bench to change to 4-4-2 or vice-versa. 
  • Zieler just looks like the walking dead! I was right behind him and he didn't speak once all game! He didn't show any reaction to conceding, no encouragement or just really ....anything! The guy is everything that Kasper isn't!  
  • Gray needs to start next game. The guy at least plays without fear and knows what's needed. It's getting ridiculous now how he hasn't been given a run. 
  • The fact we could be soon starting DD with PM fills me with hope. It was good to see PM named on the bench - perhaps light at the end of the tunnel....?

becoming a luxury player with his lack of assists and only scoring pens

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Just watched the highlights on MOTD.

I was right I think. Amartey is probably the worst midfielder we've had for years. I feel for him. So out of his depth.

did they show his cannon passes hit so hard teammates cant control the ball

Well that sounded shit again.

Pissed off.

Have I gotta start putting us down for a banker to lose again., I think so.

Have a word with yourselves lads ffs, no-one seriously imagined last seasons dizzy hights, not even top 4, but this is just embarrassing. You're embarrassing yourselves. Laughing stock.

It worries me that we had a whole week to prepare for this game for the first time in ages and we didn't look any different to when we have 2 days to prepare for a game.

Used to say that this decline is the players responsibility.  Now I am looking squarely at Ranieri.  It's his job to motivate, inspire, adapt, innovate and dish out arse kickings to deliver performances and results that the club now expects.  

Before anybody says something along the lines of 'oh we're just little old Leicester...what did you expect', I expect as much as the owners when they decided to disk out £100k+ salaries to half the squad.  

At this point in time he is spectacularly underperforming.  What he did last season will live forever.  But like everybody else on this forum, just because you got the best performance review in history last year at your place of work, if you fail to do your job the next...it only ends one way.

This cannot be allowed to continue.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Just watched the highlights on MOTD.

I was right I think. Amartey is probably the worst midfielder we've had for years. I feel for him. So out of his depth.

Christ you can tell that from the eight minutes we were shown on motd?  Don't let your bias judgement get in the way?  

From the brief highlights that were shown I would say we were unlucky.  We hit the bar and their keeper made a good save at the end.

Albeit I know that was not the case.  Amartey and King are not the best but realistically who do we play in midfield.

As Shearer alluded too on motd we are not the Leicester of last season, we do not close down or press like we did last season too many of our players are in their comfort zones Mahrez and Vardy being the main culprits here.

In Armateys defence he is only 21 years old and he is far from being the worst midfield player Leicester has ever had.  You obviously never saw Junior Lewis play for us.

We are struggling this season that much is obvious, but until we start trying again in the league defend from the front, press and Harry opponents like we use too then this season will be a struggle.

Just as a side note.  All of a sudden we seem to have a load of so called fans with less than 100 posts calling for Ranieris head?

To all of these so called fans who do they realistically expect to be our next manager.

To all those criticising our midfield who do you suggest we play there.

Things are not going well for us at the moment, but most on here seriously need to chill you are a bloody embarrassment to our great club, with fans like you we do not need your support.  If anything our team needs our support more than anything so instead of moaning and whinging get behind them in the flesh not behind a bloody keyboard.

2 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Just as a side note.  All of a sudden we seem to have a load of so called fans with less than 100 posts calling for Ranieris head?

To all of these so called fans who do they realistically expect to be our next manager.

Things are not going well for us at the moment, but most on here seriously need to chill you are a bloody embarrassment to our great club, with fans like you we do not need your support.  If anything our team needs our support more than anything so instead of moaning and whinging get behind them in the flesh not behind a bloody keyboard.

So essentially fans that call embarrassing performances embarrassing are.....embarrassing?  

7 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Not everyone lives on here.  

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

So essentially fans that call embarrassing performances embarrassing are.....embarrassing?  

you have answered your own question.  Were you at the game like I was or were you one of many that watched the brief highlights on motd or listened to it on radio Leicester.

It certainly wasn't as embarrassing as you put it to the Liverpool, United, Chelsea, defeats.  We were bullied today pure and simple.  We couldn't match their intensity or commitment they wanted it more than us.

Instead of berating the team, manager, players bloody get behind them not moan and bloody whinge that certainly doesn't help them but I suppose it makes keyboard warriors feel good about themselves.

48 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Had a free ticket in the Sunderland end right behind the goal close to the pitch, same end as the the Leicester fans. Edit - see if you can spot me! red coat and black hat  4 seats back to the right of the goal when Defoe scores! Looking pissed off!

A few observations:

Exactly this today. The seriously scary thing is the man calling the shots does not see this.

Amartay and King has to be one of the worst premier league cm partnerships of all time.

Vardy needs dropping period.

Zieler is like mute, there is zero communication between him and anyone else...how does that goes unnoticed?

Huth and Morgan completely exposed for what realistically they are lower/mid table cb.

44 bloody 2! Really? Week in week out it fails and then fails again. What does it take for you to see this claudio?

I think our saving grace is there are 3 worse teams in the league because otherwise we would be royally screwed.

11 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

you have answered your own question.  Were you at the game like I was or were you one of many that watched the brief highlights on motd or listened to it on radio Leicester.

It certainly wasn't as embarrassing as you put it to the Liverpool, United, Chelsea, defeats.  We were bullied today pure and simple.  We couldn't match their intensity or commitment they wanted it more than us.

Instead of berating the team, manager, players bloody get behind them not moan and bloody whinge that certainly doesn't help them but I suppose it makes keyboard warriors feel good about themselves.

Ah but you express this like it was a one off.

same shit different week

Archived