Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

Sunderland post match thread

24 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Two many factors to sort out overnight:

1) less motivated squad - champions hangover.

2) limited tactical acumen all round. Oh Claudio!!

3) Bloody Kante.

4) Been found out as having only Plan A. The foxes secret is out.

5) Limited squad and even more limited midfield.

6) Big time 100k Charlie's

We are in the mire big time and I fear morale will be draining by the game. 

But at least a 19 year old from Belgium is coming!! I'll say no more, as that recruitment says a lot 

23 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Or perhaps we should chill and recognise that last season was an anomaly. This season is just par?

Unfortunately, both posts are correct.

We have to change formation and drop underperforming players! Claudio has to shake things up, as today was truly awful. 

Gray and Okazaki have to start and we need to ditch 4-4-2!!

Porto game is perfect chance to try a 4-3-3 and some different players. If he doesn't and we play 4-4-2 again, then he is losing the plot!

1 minute ago, CollinsLCFC said:

I can't believe people are starting thinking Ranieri should go. 

I can't blame him for having the faith in the players that won us the championship last year. 

I don't think anyone, even Claudigod himself would think that it would turn from gold into s***. 

He's obviously believes in his system and his players and look what it has done for us. 

I can't disagree that we need to start making changes, and Ranieri will most definitely be thinking the same. But I can't blame him for having faith and belief that the team will decide to turn up. He deserves the whole season at the very minimum. especially with our Champions League campaign.

I agree with everything said in this post.

It's great to be an armchair manager but the players have to take the majority of the criticism. Ranieri said and did the right thing last season almost without exception. I simply refuse to believe that the 'stars aligned' and that was luck over the course of so many games and that he is a clueless manager.

IF he takes us down, I'll be hugely pissed off but I truely believe he should have the season , whatever the outcome, to turn this around.

That said, having defended both the manager and the players vehemently until a couple of weeks ago, I find I am no longer in any position to argue conclusivly with any of the posters who are taking a more radical view. That, to me, is the saddest thing to come out of today.

7 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

It's great to be an armchair manager but the players have to take the majority of the criticism. Ranieri said and did the right thing last season almost without exception. I simply refuse to believe that the 'stars aligned' and that was luck over the course of so many games and that he is a clueless manager.

IF he takes us down, I'll be hugely pissed off but I truely believe he should have the season , whatever the outcome, to turn this around.

That said, having defended both the manager and the players vehemently until a couple of weeks ago, I find I am no longer in any position to argue conclusivly with any of the posters who are taking a more radical view. That, to me, is the saddest thing to come out of today.

I want to agree with you, but currently the legend that is Claudio is doing nothing. He's appearing so rigidly stuck to a failing philosophy that I am losing faith very quickly.

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Only just got back but initial thoughts... same old shit. Totally pathetic performance topped off with players that don't look bothered. No effort at all.

92, who do you ultimately hold responsible for that? I have just posted that I can't believe Ranieri is clueless given that, in every moment last year, he either did or said the right thing. Over a whole season.

Watching by stream is no comparison to being there and seeing the whole pitch, are all the players giving no effort? If so, then questions have to be asked of the manager.

I can't believe they collectively want Ranieri to fail. Why would they?

The bad recruitment in the summer has left the manager with his hands tied and I'm not sure we can say for certain that's all Ranieri's fault.

Just now, Max Wall said:

92, who do you ultimately hold responsible for that? I have just posted that I can't believe Ranieri is clueless given that, in every moment last year, he either did or said the right thing. Over a whole season.

Watching by stream is no comparison to being there and seeing the whole pitch, are all the players giving no effort? If so, then questions have to be asked of the manager.

I can't believe they collectively want Ranieri to fail. Why would they?

The bad recruitment in the summer has left the manager with his hands tied and I'm not sure we can say for certain that's all Ranieri's fault.

The manager is responsible because he's the manager. Simple as that really. I don't think Ranieri is clueless either but it's worrying that he's showing no signs of turning this around (and I just posted in another thread that nobody is untouchable).

But yeah the players don't look bothered. When I was walking out someone shouted "the players aren't worth their money" and it's so true. I don't think they want Ranieri (or the club) to fail but something has got to be asked of them. Albrighton spoke a couple of weeks back about having a meeting between themselves so they must know it.

I agree bad recruitment in the summer though. That's where our problem started here. We need new centre backs and a proper ballwinning midfielder but I've been saying that since May.

14 hours ago, Max Wall said:

That said, having defended both the manager and the players vehemently until a couple of weeks ago, I find I am no longer in any position to argue conclusively with any of the posters who are taking a more radical view. That, to me, is the saddest thing to come out of today.

14 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I want to agree with you, but currently the legend that is Claudio is doing nothing. He's appearing so rigidly stuck to a failing philosophy that I am losing faith very quickly.

I can't disagree with you, which is why I included the highlighted portion in my initial post.

Given the team performances and conversely, the players individual performances, it wouldn't matter what formation he puts out, we've been rank. Whatever happened to players taking responsibility when on the pitch?

If CR is mainly responsible for the transfer activity in the summer then I would take a slightly different view but I don't know that for sure.

I absolutely take your point about the rigidity of 4-4-2 but how can you legislate for a team that did what it did last season appearing to be unable to pass five yards to a team-mate?

Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri: "We did our best today, but it wasn't enough. We have to keep working hard in training and trust the bad moment will turn.

"From the own goal you can see the luck is not with us - but we have to stay compact, stay together and react strongly."

yawn

yep luck is is not with us, after getting 2 lucky goals last week and one in the last second.

About 20,000 fans can see the team lacks creativity, week in week out.

yet he fails to change the formation or make major changes to the personal.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The manager is responsible because he's the manager. Simple as that really. I don't think Ranieri is clueless either but it's worrying that he's showing no signs of turning this around (and I just posted in another thread that nobody is untouchable).

But yeah the players don't look bothered. When I was walking out someone shouted "the players aren't worth their money" and it's so true. I don't think they want Ranieri (or the club) to fail but something has got to be asked of them. Albrighton spoke a couple of weeks back about having a meeting between themselves so they must know it.

I agree bad recruitment in the summer though. That's where our problem started here. We need new centre backs and a proper ballwinning midfielder but I've been saying that since May.

Granted.

If, as a team, they all don't look bothered, I would concede that is Ranieri's responsibilty.

I'm in total agreement that questions have to be asked of both the manager and the players,

37 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

We have to change formation and drop underperforming players! Claudio has to shake things up, as today was truly awful. 

Gray and Okazaki have to start and we need to ditch 4-4-2!!

Porto game is perfect chance to try a 4-3-3 and some different players. If he doesn't and we play 4-4-2 again, then he is losing the plot!

Probably play half a first team that might start next Saturday if that. We have one of the toughest home fixtures of the season sat evening and a winnable away fixture the following tuesday. Changing formation won't give the first choice players an opportunity although we could use the game to get drinky and mendy a run out together. Expect slim will play cos it's Porto 

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri: "We did our best today, but it wasn't enough. We have to keep working hard in training and trust the bad moment will turn.

"From the own goal you can see the luck is not with us - but we have to stay compact, stay together and react strongly."

yawn

yep luck is is not with us, after getting 2 lucky goals last week and one in the last second.

About 20,000 fans can see the team lacks creativity, week in week out.

yet he fails to change the formation or make major changes to the personal.

Lame responses by Claudio, just admit, were shit

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri: "I'm furious and I've told them I want them in for a training session tomorrow. That level of performance is unacceptable and I apologise to the fans."

What he should have said.

4 hours ago, separator said:

On current form Vardy could walk into a brothel with a £50 note wrapped round his cock and still not score

Too be fair, the £ ain't worth as much as it once was.

18 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Good news everyone, nothing to worry about at all. There is fantastic spirit and we had lots of fantastic chances just thing don't go right but they soon will.

CR Post Match Interview

I'm sure there are fantastic spirits CR just stop the players fcuking drinking them before the match.

22 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Good news everyone, nothing to worry about at all. There is fantastic spirit and we had lots of fantastic chances just thing don't go right but they soon will.

CR Post Match Interview

Old age senility has well and truly kicked in! 

If he plays 442 against Manchester City I'm calling for the men in their clean white coats to come and take him away to the funny farm! 

5 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

I hope Claudio resigns because I can't bare to see him sacked.

It's inevitable.

As Sven found to his cost in the Championship five years ago, the Thai owners here have little room for sentiment or a big name (such was Sven) - so bearing in mind our most obvious of obvious plights after today at Sunderland, then can they 'afford' to stick with CR much beyond the New Year if we fail to pick up any/many points from the next four ties and are then ensconced in the bottom three as a consequence come 2017? It will be interesting to see, especially with N.Pearson presently out of work....

True, they didn't press the panic button with Pearson during his 'spell two' at any stage (with the irony being that they ended up sacking him for non footballing reasons!), so for the time being they will probably stick with Ranieri until he decides to go himself - or will he be sacked before the season's end if things don't improve? To be honest I think had it not been for our Champions League exploits (albeit in the simplest group one could have hoped for of course..),  then Claudio would possibly be walking or sacked already, as much as I hate to say that after last season. Much to ponder over but not changing the 4-4-2 team formation away from home isn't moving us away from danger and still ensures we have the worst away record in the league. His present tactics in all matches (home and away) are also doing us no favours at present!

Archived