Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

Sunderland post match thread

3 minutes ago, MattCan said:

Hey Ranieri, get one or two GOOD midfielders pls

DD back soon and Mendy mended and ready to go,  James on the edge and nearly ready ...    And linked to a couple of defensive midfielders ...    Might make a difference ...   :thumbup:

No matter what formation you play, if you make individual mistakes, you are likely to get punished. 

Since the West Brom game stood at 1-1, we have made several individual mistakes that have led to goals in every match, two more today this time by Huth, the block to allow Defoe to score was poor. 

Until we get our concentration back we will keep gifting easy goals. 

Also need kasper back as there appears to be no confidence in the team that we can keep a clean sheet. That is key for me. 

why is amartey getting so much stick,we were in control of that match for a long period,is it his fault that vardy cannot score 1/2 chances anymore,is it his fault that everytime slimani had the ball he seemed to give it away ,is it his fault mahrez is looking a shadow of the player he was last year,is it his fault fault the two centre backs look  ponderous and are starting to show their age ,we were in control for a long time in that match if we score and defend better it might have been different,

Just now, lgfualol said:

I didn't see that Amartey today, created 2 chances compared to King's 0. How can King not be blamed though? He was doing back passes in the 94th minute

The line about King was being snarky, he is rubbish and adds no value to the team but he's playing as well as he can (poor) so it's not his fault if he gets picked.  Amartey is annoying as he could be really good in time.  I saw Amartey make no effort to try and win 50/50's, lumping the ball up field that nearly came to something.  Other times he just squares the ball off for King to do the same then it ends up back to Zieler who lumps it up for Sunderland to win the first and second ball. 

We miss Drinky.

Had intended to watch the second half but got held up with work. Looks like it was a bit of blessing.

I've stood up for the squad and the backroom for a while.I can get over 3 of the first 4 defeats given the opposition but the last 4 games have been an absolute disaster.

I'll admire Ranieri for last season but the more you look at it you would wonder was he just in the right place at the right time.going by this year it looks like he doesn't have a clue. I felt that the club and was solid enough after all these years that we might be okay after Walsh and kante leaving as big as loss as they were. It's looking worse day by day.no wonder the squad players are getting restless.

The owners have serious decisions to make .It could get very ugly next weekend.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Only one team going to win that early in the second half and then for some reason everybody dropped 30 yards deeper and invited Sunderland onto us.

Wes Morgan and Robert Huth are in atrocious form. I'd say that we need a central defender more than we need a central midfielder at the moment.

Cant believe i just read that. Our midfield would struggle in league one, our defence is struggling because teams can constantly attack us at will. All good defences are well protected, ours is protected by two people who are very fortunate to call themselves proffessional footballers.

1 hour ago, LanguedocFox said:

Take nothing away from Sunderland, though. They fought for every ball like we

like we did last season

You are missing the point . we were incapable of taking anything away from Sunderland .  They are absolute dross and despite their three points will still go down . 

So guess what that makes us ?

26 minutes ago, waylander said:

A bit of perspective people. You can't win them all. And your bound too lose the odd one . 

Quite true - but the odds one you lose should not be Sunderland, West Brom, Dull etc. And it isnt even about losing - it's the way we keep losing

8 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

You are missing the point . we were incapable of taking anything away from Sunderland .  They are absolute dross and despite their three points will still go down . 

So guess what that makes us ?

Sunderland have 9pts from 12 and are on the up.

That doesn't excuse our performance but they will finish comfortably mid table.

Two many factors to sort out overnight:

1) less motivated squad - champions hangover.

2) limited tactical acumen all round. Oh Claudio!!

3) Bloody Kante.

4) Been found out as having only Plan A. The foxes secret is out.

5) Limited squad and even more limited midfield.

6) Big time 100k Charlie's

We are in the mire big time and I fear morale will be draining by the game. 

But at least a 19 year old from Belgium is coming!! I'll say no more, as that recruitment says a lot 

Guest CityFan 06

I would've started with the 4-3-3 formation today, Okazaki just in front of King and Amartey then Mahrez, Vardy and Musa as a front three. I think away from home we do need to try something different, which would for me be a different formation. I just feel this position we're in is all unnecessary as I still think we're capable of being a top half team. 

1 hour ago, lee7 said:

Considering Ranieri was so brilliant at changing things at the right moments during last season, I find it astonishing that he now seems so woefully inept when it comes to making a positive change. 

We were all quick to praise him last season so it's only right that he also gets criticised now we're back to the 'same old Leicester'.

Its annoying that Vardy, Mahrez etc seemed to be guaranteed their places in the starting eleven yet a player like Okazaki who actually plays with full commitment finds himself on the bench. 

All the people here, who are criticising Ranieri for not starting Okazaki, seem to have a  memory problem .

He started against Boro, Watford, West Brom,Spurs, Palace, Liverpool, Swansea and Arsenal.

Obviously he too was not able to prevent our steady decline.

I can't believe people are starting thinking Ranieri should go. 

I can't blame him for having the faith in the players that won us the championship last year. 

I don't think anyone, even Claudigod himself would think that it would turn from gold into s***. 

He's obviously believes in his system and his players and look what it has done for us. 

I can't disagree that we need to start making changes, and Ranieri will most definitely be thinking the same. But I can't blame him for having faith and belief that the team will decide to turn up. He deserves the whole season at the very minimum. especially with our Champions League campaign.

Archived