Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

Sunderland post match thread

7 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Were you saying the same about Pearson when he had us bottom of the league for three quarters of the season, and while we were going 13 games without a win before christmas, taking just 2 points from 33 in the process?

Have to say the difference is then that the team were visibly fighting for each other and often we were just short of getting points either due to bad luck or "fine margins". We're not showing even that at the moment

Considering Ranieri was so brilliant at changing things at the right moments during last season, I find it astonishing that he now seems so woefully inept when it comes to making a positive change. 

We were all quick to praise him last season so it's only right that he also gets criticised now we're back to the 'same old Leicester'.

Its annoying that Vardy, Mahrez etc seemed to be guaranteed their places in the starting eleven yet a player like Okazaki who actually plays with full commitment finds himself on the bench. 

If we had played Mendy and Drinkwater all season I would be more concerned. I can't blame Claudio for the fact Mendy has only played 50 minutes so far. We are horribly exposed in CM. I still believe the heart of the team is the heart of the problem.

I don't know what they look like in training but Amartey and King should never play together in a competitive match for this club again.

I'm down because it looks like last season has set them up to have a go at achieving the most Leicesterish thing ever in the history of the club. 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is getting to the point that he needs to go, if he is unwilling to see the obvious. 

I would understand it if he said that rubbish in public and saved the truth for the dressing room. Calling out your own player in public like Mourinho is unprofessional. But there is no evidence that he is having those conversations in private - that's the problem. If players have an attitude problem or are out of form you drop them. If you can't see that, or can see it and won''t do it, then you have become the problem yourself

5 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Were you saying the same about Pearson when he had us bottom of the league for three quarters of the season, and while we were going 13 games without a win before christmas, taking just 2 points from 33 in the process?

With Pearson we were playing well. You could see from the performances that we were nearly there. And then what happened? HE CHANGED FORMATION! He changed the tactics around to suit us more, brought players like albrighton into the starting line up and it worked. He actually managed the team. Right now I could do what ranieri does. Pick the same line up same formation every week and say the same things to the press. 

(By the way, I am not one of those wanting Pearson back in charge. Just no) 

This is written in anger.

King can't be to blame as he is playing at the best of his ability.  Amartey seems to prefer the negative pass over trying to create and push the play forward.  When he did go forward he showed signs. 

Morgan and Huth's brains are reacting at the same speed as their legs.  Mahrez seems to have no confidence.  Simpson keeps letting the attacker into the box to make the cross but this season they keep cutting back to the gap that Amartey keeps leaving. 

Albrigton can't beat a man when he attempts his cut back and cross, which always slow down the attack as he takes too long or no one is making a run into space.  He needs to run towards the box more and slip the ball in low like Gray did.

The only plus is Shinji.  Waste of a player having Vardy on the pitch as the ball doesn't even get near him.  

CR is making a lot of mistakes as he is showing faith in a team who can't seem to pass the ball to each other or make a simple clearance.  i don't think CR has lost the dressing room as the training videos, pictures etc look all smiles and work, it's when they get onto the pitch they have a mental block.

After getting thumped every week by the big teams we have returned a total of one point from Watford, Boro, West Brom & Sunderland.  And that from a couple of lucky pens.  We are easily the worst team in the league.  Even Palace won today.  

The question is, with these wage rises, could the club even survive relegation?

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is getting to the point that he needs to go, if he is unwilling to see the obvious. 

Just like that ? 

Ranieri deserves to be given time to get new midfield players. The current midfield is abysmal. The defense is also showing alarming signs. A younger CB and RB would also be welcome.

22 minutes ago, Loves2spooge said:

IT'S THE CURSE OF THE WITCHES 
ONLY THE SACRIFICE OF 3 VIRGINS WILL BRING BACK OUR GOOD LUCK 

WE SHALL BEGIN THE CEREMONY TOMORROW AT 6:66

We're f***** then where you going to find three virgins in Leicester?

9 minutes ago, theadmans said:

...I know they are both Algerian but does anyone else notice that if either Slimani or Mahrez get the ball they ALWAYS look to pass to each other - regardless of whether it is the best option ? 

.....someone needs to have a word.

Probably because they don't trust anyone else with the ball.

Gray and Drinkwater are the only other two players in our team who you might say would be comfortable in posession, are able to carry the ball forward and can be creative.

The rest are too easily out muscled, not technical enough or simply just hoof it. 

4 minutes ago, Livid said:

If we had played Mendy and Drinkwater all season I would be more concerned. I can't blame Claudio for the fact Mendy has only played 50 minutes so far. We are horribly exposed in CM. I still believe the heart of the team is the heart of the problem.

I don't know what they look like in training but Amartey and King should never play together in a competitive match for this club again.

I'm down because it looks like last season has set them up to have a go at achieving the most Leicesterish thing ever in the history of the club. 

Ranieri is the guy that is responsible, yeah?

I really cringed out for most of that game today. We used to have a go at players like Robbie Nielson, Paul Gallagher, Richie Wellens, Beckford et al and think 'how are these guys professional footballers? They don't understand the game'

Now, we're champions and incredibly i found myself saying the same thing. Amartey, Simpson, Musa, Vardy, Slimani... Their first touch & basic, 5 yard passing is absolutely terrible. I laugh when people say 'play the kids they can't do much worse' but my brother texted me today and said 'a League 1 team in 16th would be disappointed with one point out of Watford, Boro, West Brom & Sunderland. 

No positives other than the usual suspects. Gray and Shinji. 

We can dissect all we like and talk round in ever decreasing circles. 

Simple fact is we lack fight, spirit and even pride - everything we had in abundance last season. 

Every players needs 10 mins with Wasyl one on one. Absolute joke. 

8 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

This is written in anger.

King can't be to blame as he is playing at the best of his ability.  Amartey seems to prefer the negative pass over trying to create and push the play forward.  When he did go forward he showed signs. 

I didn't see that Amartey today, created 2 chances compared to King's 0. How can King not be blamed though? He was doing back passes in the 94th minute

Prepare to be very surprised then mate because (rightly or wrongly) there is virtually no chance he'll be sacked. If the Thais stuck with Pearson through the losing run, the whole McCarthy thing, Ostrich-gate and after he swore at a supporter then I'd say that Ranieri (who has not long signed a new contract, remember) is safe as houses.

Whether that's a good thing or not is debatable but CR ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

I don't know. The Thais might just be thinking their LCFC King Power global brand ambitions must keep momentum. All down to what we do in Champs League now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived