Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GorlestonFox

Silver to season ticket

Anyone managed to upgrade from silver to season ticket over the last few years?

Looking to upgrade my 2 silver memberships over the summer. Do to get to pick seats etc?

I know you get 'priority' upgrades after Gold members. Just wondered if anyone has done it recently and do you think it's do-able?

4 minutes ago, GorlestonFox said:

Anyone managed to upgrade from silver to season ticket over the last few years?

Looking to upgrade my 2 silver memberships over the summer. Do to get to pick seats etc?

I know you get 'priority' upgrades after Gold members. Just wondered if anyone has done it recently and do you think it's do-able?

Unlikely, think the total number of non season ticket renewals in the summer was about 300 and they all got offered to golds as far as i understand, so I guess silvers would then get offered the chance to take over those golds, but the chance of jumping from silver to season tickets would basically need us to get relegated at a guess.

7 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Unlikely, think the total number of non season ticket renewals in the summer was about 300 and they all got offered to golds as far as i understand, so I guess silvers would then get offered the chance to take over those golds, but the chance of jumping from silver to season tickets would basically need us to get relegated at a guess.

It is worth stating that last season was an exceptional season so will also be an anomaly, but you'd still expect gold to pick up most if not all non-renewals this year.

22 minutes ago, bmt said:

It is worth stating that last season was an exceptional season so will also be an anomaly, but you'd still expect gold to pick up most if not all non-renewals this year.

Yes I understand that, but with season tickets now capped at this 23k it's gonna take something the other way for thousands not to renew in one go.

And with now having thousands of golds you would think every time a hand full come up, they will get taken by them. I brought my wife a silver in the hope one day I can get a 4th season ticket so we can all attend matches as a family, theres's 1 random seat in our row that's not taken up in the middle of me and my mates, but I knew it was a long game at this current point. Next step for me is to hope that I can progress her to Gold in the next few years.

Renewal rate was 98.7% last season, leaving 304 season tickets available to around 6000+ gold members, which had to be balloted to applicants. This will be the highest renewal rate ever due to the lure of Champions League football. This season it is more likely to be between 89-94% renewal, so I would imagine around 2000 season tickets will be available to purchase. This will be offered first to Gold Members, which there are 6000. If a gold member attends 10-12+ matches a season, they are better to purchase a season ticket, so I imagine the majority of these will be snapped up. Any left would be given to Silver, so to be perfectly honest, unless we are relegated, I would imagine your chances are slim (but not non-existent!).

Guest MattP

I think you'll be ok in getting a season ticket next season, can see quite a few not bothering to renew unless we win the CL.

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Can see season tickets becoming a little more easier to come by for next season. The euphoria of last season has worn off and tickets are easier to get now. 

I've certainly seen more and more ST holders around me not coming this season.

18 minutes ago, MattP said:

I think you'll be ok in getting a season ticket next season, can see quite a few not bothering to renew unless we win the CL.

I agree. Paradoxically, I think the league title might make some people feel that there is little point in watching us underachieve and won't renew, particularly if lower-half finish +  some of our iconic players leave in the summer + no Europe. That's based on our current form, though.

i used to love a half season ticket! 

they have increased the amount of gold members remember however so silver to ST may be difficult in 1 season. silver to gold to ST would also get your points rather high for when you did get a ST. 

30 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

i used to love a half season ticket! 

they have increased the amount of gold members remember however so silver to ST may be difficult in 1 season. silver to gold to ST would also get your points rather high for when you did get a ST. 

Points didn't seem to have any bearing on whether or not you got a ST. My friend attended most games as a gold member but the ballot was entirely random, rather than being weighted to games attended/priority.

If they get to Silver (which is somewhat unlikely as you stated) it would likely be luck of the draw.

3 hours ago, Papasmurf said:

I've certainly seen more and more ST holders around me not coming this season.

Yep the sort who brought for a reason. The big games. Those sort of people who have cash and can use it for clients etc. Will still buy whilst in the PL.  That won't change.

19 hours ago, FraserSorensen said:

Points didn't seem to have any bearing on whether or not you got a ST. My friend attended most games as a gold member but the ballot was entirely random, rather than being weighted to games attended/priority.

If they get to Silver (which is somewhat unlikely as you stated) it would likely be luck of the draw.

yeah i attended all but 1 or 2 games last season. even got a few aways on my gold but wasn't lucky to get one. I know the ballot was random and i was the last person in a topic awaiting the phone call for season tickets and it never appeared! blessing in disguise now as the mrs lost her job and is now on ESA. 

if the renewal rate next season isnt as high you will have a lot of people that were ST holders/gold members last season who will be instantly close to 150+ points. I have 48 right now, add on next season i will get another 40 for gold membership this season and then 50 for ST in the 17/18 season that would put me on 130 before away games. 

whats the current lowest threshold for away tickets before they go to members? 

5 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

yeah i attended all but 1 or 2 games last season. even got a few aways on my gold but wasn't lucky to get one. I know the ballot was random and i was the last person in a topic awaiting the phone call for season tickets and it never appeared! blessing in disguise now as the mrs lost her job and is now on ESA. 

if the renewal rate next season isnt as high you will have a lot of people that were ST holders/gold members last season who will be instantly close to 150+ points. I have 48 right now, add on next season i will get another 40 for gold membership this season and then 50 for ST in the 17/18 season that would put me on 130 before away games. 

whats the current lowest threshold for away tickets before they go to members? 

It doesn't really affect me, as I've been a STH for several years, but the current away points system is quite exclusive in the sense that if you didn't become a STH prior to the 14/15 season, you can't catch up with the rest of the pack. The lowest points cut off is currently 150+ (STH for 3 years, so a pool of around 20,000 people) and then it drops to STH with 0+ points, Gold, Silver and then Fox. I would make logical sense to do a rolling 3 year history, so 14/15 points and prior drop off, this way keeping the top priority bands at the top whilst making sure points are still relevant (non-historic) and new STH can climb up the ladder. If the current system continues, despite potentially upgrading to STH next season you would potentially still fall in the drop as it would go from 200+ points to 0+, therefore affording you no advantage despite how many away games you may attend.

Just now, FraserSorensen said:

It doesn't really affect me, as I've been a STH for several years, but the current away points system is quite exclusive in the sense that if you didn't become a STH prior to the 14/15 season, you can't catch up with the rest of the pack. The lowest points cut off is currently 150+ (STH for 3 years, so a pool of around 20,000 people) and then it drops to STH with 0+ points, Gold, Silver and then Fox. I would make logical sense to do a rolling 3 year history, so 14/15 points and prior drop off, this way keeping the top priority bands at the top whilst making sure points are still relevant (non-historic) and new STH can climb up the ladder. If the current system continues, despite potentially upgrading to STH next season you would potentially still fall in the drop as it would go from 200+ points to 0+, therefore affording you no advantage despite how many away games you may attend.

i completly agree with you that long term ST holders should be higher up, even if they used a 10 year history and after 3 years of history changed the points from 50 to 30 or something to keep the number low (so if you had held a ST for 10 years you would get 150 for upto 14/15 then upto 210 for the rest if you had held one for all 10 years.) stops people like say myself who havent made every game in the last 5/6 years (not through not wanting to i hasten to add) and just had memberships jumping infront of ST holders who have been there. 

I couldn't  afford a membership until my new job so got one in the 13/14 season but i dont think it would be fair for me to jump over people such as yourself if that makes sense even though i would have liked a season ticket. the whole "talk the talk, walk the walk" thing. 

40 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

i completly agree with you that long term ST holders should be higher up, even if they used a 10 year history and after 3 years of history changed the points from 50 to 30 or something to keep the number low (so if you had held a ST for 10 years you would get 150 for upto 14/15 then upto 210 for the rest if you had held one for all 10 years.) stops people like say myself who havent made every game in the last 5/6 years (not through not wanting to i hasten to add) and just had memberships jumping infront of ST holders who have been there. 

I couldn't  afford a membership until my new job so got one in the 13/14 season but i dont think it would be fair for me to jump over people such as yourself if that makes sense even though i would have liked a season ticket. the whole "talk the talk, walk the walk" thing. 

Well loyalty points should really only be for away games, I don't really see why a STH for two years who has attended 38 away games should be behind a STH of three years who has attended none. I say lose the 30/50 points for memberships/STH and put just on sale to away bands. Then it encourages STH to climb the ladder, irregardless of when they have been a STH for.

Archived