Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nationwider

Derby Match Thread

Have you asked him what he's got against Sheehan?

I think if I were Sheehan and were so obviously overlooked in favour of demonstrably inferior players I'd wanna be off tomorrow. Go somewhere I was appreciated.

It's a shit side, typical of Levein's ultra cautious psyche and it could just as easily draw as win. He's given Derby a chance with this lot and if Derby do win, I'd settle for seeing the back of Levein after this selection. He biased to the point of blindness in my view.

Tiatto will probably have a blinder cos I've said this but on what evidence would you play him left side with the alternatioves we've got.

Or Kisnorbo at left-back. Ask Levein. What the hell has Kisnorbo done to impress anyone - even in the Reserves. He's just utterly ordinary. Okay but ordinary.

He's doing exactly what has let him down for months. Containing then going for an odd goal win.

One of these days it'll come off - probably today cos I've said all this - but overall it's negative.

I'm really sick of negative because we had months of it.

Get a transfer Alan. Join a team like West Ham if you can cos you'll always be the fall guy here if you're not one of the in crowd..

Today's selection, if Steven is right and that's how it turns out, is a bloody insult to you kid (assuming, of course you were fit to play).

agreed, he's not even on the bench! :mad:

I would much prefer this line up:

-------------------------------Henderson-------------------------------

-----------Stearman--Gerrbrand--Johansson--Sheehan--------------

-Sylla----------------Hughes-------Gudjonsson------------Smith---

--------------------------------Hume------------------------------------

----------------- Hammond-------------------------------------

It's a good side but a pipe dream under Levein at the moment, he won't play with 2 natural pacey wide men and would rather scrape a 0-0 to consolidate our 19th place.

Have you asked him what he's got against Sheehan?

I think if I were Sheehan and were so obviously overlooked in favour of demonstrably inferior players I'd wanna be off tomorrow. Go somewhere I was appreciated.

It's a shit side, typical of Levein's ultra cautious psyche and it could just as easily draw as win. He's given Derby a chance with this lot and if Derby do win, I'd settle for seeing the back of Levein after this selection. He biased to the point of blindness in my view.

Tiatto will probably have a blinder cos I've said this but on what evidence would you play him left side with the alternatioves we've got.

Or Kisnorbo at left-back. Ask Levein. What the hell has Kisnorbo done to impress anyone - even in the Reserves. He's just utterly ordinary. Okay but ordinary.

He's doing exactly what has let him down for months. Containing then going for an odd goal win.

One of these days it'll come off - probably today cos I've said all this - but overall it's negative.

I'm really sick of negative because we had months of it.

Get a transfer Alan. Join a team like West Ham if you can cos you'll always be the fall guy here if you're not one of the in crowd..

Today's selection, if Steven is right and that's how it turns out, is a bloody insult to you kid (assuming, of course you were fit to play).

You are overstating it. Sheehan has put in some competent performances which have been impressive for an 18 year old. Athletically he is nothing on comparison to Kisnorbo and from a defencive point of view I can understand why Levein wants to go with experience. Especially with Stearman playing on the other flank, defending with two 18 year olds away from home would be very risky.

Sheehan has been given his chance by levein who clearly rates him. Lets not get carried away though, he looks good but not so good that he can't be left out.

I wish there was a bit fo width in this team but other than that, no complaints.

That's crap apart from Hume and Hammond up front.

CL's reply was he wanted as many of those players who played against Brighton, to play today. :huh::unsure: Why, I do not know. ;):thumbup:

You are overstating it. Sheehan has put in some competent performances which have been impressive for an 18 year old. Athletically he is nothing on comparison to Kisnorbo and from a defencive point of view I can understand why Levein wants to go with experience. Especially with Stearman playing on the other flank, defending with two 18 year olds away from home would be very risky.

Sheehan has been given his chance by levein who clearly rates him. Lets not get carried away though, he looks good but not so good that he can't be left out.

I wish there was a bit fo width in this team but other than that, no complaints.

Pick your best players has always been my yardstick. I'd leave my own brother out of a side, no problem. But this isn't the best side. And what has experience done for us these last 11 months. Sod all. And from what I've seen so far, which is a lot, Sheehan is one player who could run all day. And Sheehan gives width etc etc. This is a kop out.

I would have liked to see Sheehan in the side but I understand why he's not. We've been talking a lot about changing sides in the last few weeks and now the only changes he's made are because of injury and suspention which in my opinion is a good move.

That said, I can't understand why we're playing two little guys up front but Dublin at the back who will just hoof it.

I can't believe we are playing the same midfield again. We have no width on either side and the same problems that we had against Brighton will arise again. No outlet on the flanks is piss poor.

Another game, same old mistakes by Levein.

Archived