Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HSFDK45

Racism in 21st Century Football

59 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Is this literally the only dissertation subject in the world?

No 17 years ago I wrote mine on football hooliganism and it's relationship to cultural purpose and belonging.....

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Honestly not heard anything in a long time, can't imagine I would as it's fairly decent people around us in SK2. A few bits in the pubs before and after, but more "banteriffic" morons than outright racism.

Same here, I honestly can't remember the last time I heard a racist comment in a football stadium.

Would be going back ten years at least.

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

The sad thing is most racists don't realize they are racist.

Dealing with Joe Public with my job, you hear an awful lot of it.

It will take a generation or two to reeducate people. Some are just ignorant, others just plain stupid!

...and those muslims are terribly racist. Except the ones that agree with inter faith marriage and homosexuality. Oh hang on!

5 minutes ago, Head Honcho said:

...and those muslims are terribly racist. Except the ones that agree with inter faith marriage and homosexuality. Oh hang on!

I think you mean marriage between Muslims and non Muslims. And if you are, I will tell you that it is OK to marry a Christian or a Jew person. 

18 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Bring a kafir, I would say the acceptable prejudice is just as bad

You are not allowed to discriminate. Muslims allowed Jews and Christians to stay in the land after they pay the jizya which is an amount of money you pay. Like tax now. Other religions killed,banished and forced them to convert but Islam did not do as such. But I guess that was not in fox news.

Here is a good read if you are interested of getting your info from another place other than the media

https://www.islam-guide.com/ch3-12.htm

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

You are not allowed to discriminate. Muslims allowed Jews and Christians to stay in the land after they pay the jizya which is an amount of money you pay. Like tax now. Other religions killed,banished and forced them to convert but Islam did not do as such. But I guess that was not in fox news.

I don't want this to be a religious discussion, but is religious tax not discrimination.  From what you say, Islam in treating other religions is inferior to others, many religions have allowed other religions to live freely without such nonsense tax, do you research!!

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

Perhaps you could be more specific. When was this exactly? How grateful these kuffir religions must have been to the muslims for allowing them to pay a tax to avoid certain death! 

Funny enough, you do not hear about persecution of other religious groups by shariah law governed countries like saudi on fox either. What would happen if i opened my bible and read it in public in a park in Jeddah? 

5 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I don't want this to be a religious discussion, but is religious tax not discrimination.  From what you say, Islam in treating other religions is inferior to others, many religions have allowed other religions to live freely without such nonsense tax, do you research!!

No, they kept other people's dignity and life. Your are  allowed to practice your religion and you are not discriminated against. In a time where the only choices are killed, banished or convert. And don't tell me other religions allowed others. Just look at what happened to the Muslims in Spain.

8 minutes ago, somebum said:

Perhaps you could be more specific. When was this exactly? How grateful these kuffir religions must have been to the muslims for allowing them to pay a tax to avoid certain death! 

Funny enough, you do not hear about persecution of other religious groups by shariah law governed countries like saudi on fox either. What would happen if i opened my bible and read it in public in a park in Jeddah? 

Here is an answer for you

"

Will Durant wrote:

‘At the time of the Umayyad caliphate, the people of the covenant, Christians, Zoroastrians, Jews, and Sabians, all enjoyed degree of tolerance that we do not find even today in Christian countries.  They were free to practice the rituals of their religion and their churches and temples were preserved.  They enjoyed autonomy in that they were subject to the religious laws of the scholars and judges.’[2]

These just relations between Muslims and people of other faiths were not due to mere politics played by Muslim rulers, but rather they were a direct result of the teachings of the religion of Islam, one which preaches that people of other religions be free to practice their own faith, only accepting the guidance offered by Islam by their own choice.  God says in the Quran:

"There is no compulsion in religion…" (Quran 2:256)

Not only does Islam demand their freedom to practice religion, but also that they be treated justly as any other fellow human.  Warning against any abuse of non-Muslims in an Islamic society, the Prophet stated:

"Beware!  Whoever is cruel and hard on a non-Muslim minority, curtails their rights, burdens them with more than they can bear, or takes anything from them against their free will; I (Prophet Muhammad) will complain against the person on the Day of Judgment." (Abu Dawud)

How far is this mannerism than the majority of nations, to this day, which not only suppress the rights of foreign religions, but also foreign peoples and races!  In a time when Muslims were being tortured to death in then pagan Mecca, Jews were being persecuted in Christian Europe, and various peoples were being subjugated due to their particular race or caste, Islam called to the just treatment of all peoples and religions, due to its merciful tenets which gave humanity the right to their humanness."

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

No, they kept other people's dignity and life. Your are  allowed to practice your religion and you are not discriminated against. In a time where the only choices are killed, banished or convert. And don't tell me other religions allowed others. Just look at what happened to the Muslims in Spain.

:rolleyes: Mate, I'm.a Kafir which is widely accepted as a derogatory word, and the faith makes a Kafir pay tax for being a non muslim.  That is discrimination, look it up in the dictionary.

Sorry but making that reference to Spain is like making a reference to Isis.  

For me this discussion is closed, you can believe whatever stance of history you like.  I suggest you research beyond that stance

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

Here is an answer for you

"

Will Durant wrote:

‘At the time of the Umayyad caliphate, the people of the covenant, Christians, Zoroastrians, Jews, and Sabians, all enjoyed degree of tolerance that we do not find even today in Christian countries.  They were free to practice the rituals of their religion and their churches and temples were preserved.  They enjoyed autonomy in that they were subject to the religious laws of the scholars and judges.’[2]

These just relations between Muslims and people of other faiths were not due to mere politics played by Muslim rulers, but rather they were a direct result of the teachings of the religion of Islam, one which preaches that people of other religions be free to practice their own faith, only accepting the guidance offered by Islam by their own choice.  God says in the Quran:

"There is no compulsion in religion…" (Quran 2:256)

Not only does Islam demand their freedom to practice religion, but also that they be treated justly as any other fellow human.  Warning against any abuse of non-Muslims in an Islamic society, the Prophet stated:

"Beware!  Whoever is cruel and hard on a non-Muslim minority, curtails their rights, burdens them with more than they can bear, or takes anything from them against their free will; I (Prophet Muhammad) will complain against the person on the Day of Judgment." (Abu Dawud)

How far is this mannerism than the majority of nations, to this day, which not only suppress the rights of foreign religions, but also foreign peoples and races!  In a time when Muslims were being tortured to death in then pagan Mecca, Jews were being persecuted in Christian Europe, and various peoples were being subjugated due to their particular race or caste, Islam called to the just treatment of all peoples and religions, due to its merciful tenets which gave humanity the right to their humanness."

You didn't answer the question

21 minutes ago, the fox said:

Here is a good read if you are interested of getting your info from another place other than the media

https://www.islam-guide.com/ch3-12.htm

"We're not racist, we just make others pay an extra tax because of their religion on the threat of imprisonment" lol

Archived